Prediction Changes Dogs V Saints 18/3/2023 Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Where do we start. On last night's performance you would consider these players Jones inj, JJ, Lobb, Darcy, Daniel, Baker, Hannan, Mclean, Keath

I think it will be Jones inj, Darcy, Hannan, Mclean

Ins Kharmis, Garcia, West and Crozier sub

Sounds like Bevo is going to persist with the 4 talls which I like. Good to test them out against some weaker opposition and let them build some chemistry with our midfield group.

In terms of outs I think they’ll be pretty minimal. I think Caleb might be moved to Half forward and maybe Crozier will come in to the backline. If Jones is out it’d be good to see a Khamis or Cleary snag a spot in the back 7 as well.

If Caleb moves forward the obvious out has got to be Hannan but i doubt it. I just do not see what he contributes to our current set up at all.

Desperately need more pressure and grunt. Our "skillful" players aren't being skillful anyway.

Out: L.Jones (assuming misses a week), Hannan, Daniel, Darcy, McLean
In: Khamis, Garcia, West, Crozier, McNeil

Lineup something like:

Richards Bruce Duryea
Dale Keath Crozier

Scott Macrae Baker
English Bont Libba

West Jamarra Khamis
Garcia
Naughton Lobb

McNeil, Treloar, Williams, Smith, JJ(sub)

Darcy is going to be a gun but Khamis was more impressive during the preseason, in my opinion. This way we still keep the pseudo four tall forward line. When Bedendo gets back from his injury, I hope he's able to make the wing position his.

Either way, we need a significant lift from the midfield and their ability to defend the centre bounce, and whole ground, if we are to improve.

It's hard to judge the ins and outs with the club's poor coverage of the VFL practice match but:

Out: Jones, McLean

In: Cleary, West

Darcy can float back at times if needed.

Again we were plugging holes with midfielders last night. McLean is not a forward, I have no idea what his role will be in the side if it isn't in the midfield?

At least with West he has shown forward craft in flashes.

It's too early in the season to make big changes but * I was annoyed at Caleb Daniel last night.

I hope Bevo settles JJ in defence. He has been poor in the forward line for far too long.

Desperately need more pressure and grunt. Our "skillful" players aren't being skillful anyway.

Out: L.Jones (assuming misses a week), Hannan, Daniel, Darcy, McLean
In: Khamis, Garcia, West, Crozier, McNeil

Lineup something like:

Richards Bruce Duryea
Dale Keath Crozier

Scott Macrae Baker
English Bont Libba

West Jamarra Khamis
Garcia
Naughton Lobb

McNeil, Treloar, Williams, Smith, JJ(sub)

Darcy is going to be a gun but Khamis was more impressive during the preseason, in my opinion. This way we still keep the pseudo four tall forward line. When Bedendo gets back from his injury, I hope he's able to make the wing position his.

Either way, we need a significant lift from the midfield and their ability to defend the centre bounce, and whole ground, if we are to improve.
I like the Khamis call.

Out: Darcy, Jones (inj), Keath, Hannan

In: Khamis, Crozier, McLean, Weightman

Daniel in the middle/ half forward, hell throw him forward pocket. With his kicking skill and agility he might surprise as a crumber

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jones cleared of any significant injuries, club hopeful he trains and plays this weekend. Weightman is at least 3 weeks away.

I would do:

Out > In:
Johannisen > McNeil
Hannan > West

Make McLean sub again (or he plays 2s with JJ sub).

Would like to see Crozier and Cleary in but can't find a spot for them.

Would like to see Crozier and Cleary in but can't find a spot for them.
It’s a difficult balance between giving players a chance in a role and sending a message after a 50 point thrashing. I resolve it depending on whether or not I like the player. I like Cleary so I would bring him in. I don’t like Baker so I would drop him.
I like McNeil so he is in. I don’t like Hannan so out. I think Bevo uses this method.

OUT Jones (inj), Hannan/JJ (omit)
IN Khamis, Crozier

Daniel goes to half-forward/wing role. Johannisen/Hannan or McLean for sub.

We have to persist with 4 talls up front for at least a month for mine. Can’t throw the baby out (and many months of planning) with the bath water after one shithouse performance. Lobb could kick 12 on Cordy.

West has to come in. Hannan out.

Khamis in for Jones.
100% agree with this.

Next 2 rds under the roof at Marvel. Happy to persist with the 4 talls and reaccess after that.

Jones (although cleared of serious injury) is an out. Khamis in.

Crozier can come in for Daniel. If Daniel is going to provide turnovers and nothing else he can reaccess his game in the 2s.

Hannan not required in our forward setup. Find a pressure small from somewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back