Changes for 4th test v India

Remove this Banner Ad

I would have flown Patto_Man over to replace Cummins. There is no way he should be asked to backup after rolling down 40 odd overs

Patto man told CA he was unavailable for the Indian tour as he wanted to concentrate on his fitness. plus he probably thought we were going to get flogged.

I would have flown Patto_Man over to replace Cummins. There is no way he should be asked to backup after rolling down 40 odd overs

The only plus is bowling 40 overs in a Test from a pace bowler isn't a ridiculous amount, it only sounds ridiculous because they were all in one innings. Fortunately, India didn't bat again so he'll probably be alright to go again. If we assume the next pitch will be far from a road then Cummins probably won't have to bowl more then 10-15 overs an innings anyway and he can do them in shorter bursts this time.

I lie awake every night imagining all the possibilities with warner OLED sledging

I don't even remember posting that...

Must have been a particularly big night

Patto man told CA he was unavailable for the Indian tour as he wanted to concentrate on his fitness. plus he probably thought we were going to get flogged.

It's a shame, as I'd almost be tempted to fly him over for Lyon.

Reckon it was more that he thought he was going to break down.

Remember he even broke down prior and during big bash, Cummins has been good for a number of months

Really don't envy the selectors here. Changes are going to be contingent on a lot of factors i.e. Cummins' ability to back up, Lyon's finger, the conditions and the pitch.

Just for the love of god don't listen to Warne.

Depends on the pitch. If it's seam friendly then Lyon out, especially with his finger, and Bird in. If we need a second spinner that's Maxwell's job. While he's not exactly world class he's certainly a bit more than a part-timer.

If it's not as seam friendly then either no change or if the finger is an issue then Lyon for Agar.

I'm not actually sure that a seam-friendly wicket is an advantage to us compared to what we've faced so far. We don't have a great track record as a batting group on green seamers so hope that the addition of Renshaw and Handscomb stiffens up the order.

I'm not actually sure that a seam-friendly wicket is an advantage to us compared to what we've faced so far. We don't have a great track record as a batting group on green seamers so hope that the addition of Renshaw and Handscomb stiffens up the order.

It's not going to be a raging green monster like we can produce here or England. They cannot make those types of pitches in India. I'd say when they say pace friendly they mean it will be a harder wicket...with more bounce and carry then what we have seen to date

The only plus is bowling 40 overs in a Test from a pace bowler isn't a ridiculous amount, it only sounds ridiculous because they were all in one innings. Fortunately, India didn't bat again so he'll probably be alright to go again. If we assume the next pitch will be far from a road then Cummins probably won't have to bowl more then 10-15 overs an innings anyway and he can do them in shorter bursts this time.
He was managed well. He bowled in short stints, roughly 6 overs per session.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not going to be a raging green monster like we can produce here or England. They cannot make those types of pitches in India. I'd say when they say pace friendly they mean it will be a harder wicket...with more bounce and carry then what we have seen to date

Have a feeling it will be similar to the SCG or a pitch like that. Decent carry, but it will take turn late.

C7TDt5-WkAA7keG.jpg

I haven't heard anything in the media. Cummins bowled 39 overs, which in a match isn't a huge amount, but due to all being in one innings and not having much of a break you'd think he'd pull up a bit sore after having only one FC game. Hopefully a decent run in the ice bath has sorted him out because he was our best bowler by a mile.

Need to remember too that those overs were also spread over three days, and his spells were short (two of 6 overs, with a bunch of 2-4 over spells).

In theory, he should be ok, and should be match fit by now (he's been playing all summer long in different formats), but you never do know how he'll pull up of course.

Interesting thought. But why would they emulate a pitch we've had so much success on?

It's as good as a pace track as you are getting in India where we are playing. But....it's not going to be the WACA type!

Need to remember too that those overs were also spread over three days, and his spells were short (two of 6 overs, with a bunch of 2-4 over spells).

In theory, he should be ok, and should be match fit by now (he's been playing all summer long in different formats), but you never do know how he'll pull up of course.

Well there's been no news about Cummins so I guess he is good to go which is great.

A bouncy wicket.

A fresh bird in. An injured Lyon out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back