Prediction Changes for Collingwood - Rd 19

Buget

Premiership Player
Apr 7, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ill wait for the injury list. The issue now is bring back too many players than may not be fit enough to run out a game. Collingwood could be a little unpredictable as well and today’s team wouldn’t match up well against Collingwood so changes are coming.

Fredricks, Mayes, Woodcock, McEntee (no fault of his) and Marshall should be nervous.

tipping Rozee and Duursma as ins. Maybe even Butters.

I also thought the 2 rucks worked well against the Saints. Would keep it again at Marshall’s expense.

gbear

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 27, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Ill wait for the injury list. The issue now is bring back too many players than may not be fit enough to run out a game. Collingwood could be a little unpredictable as well and today’s team wouldn’t match up well against Collingwood so changes are coming.

Fredricks, Mayes, Woodcock, McEntee (no fault of his) and Marshall should be nervous.

tipping Rozee and Duursma as ins. Maybe even Butters.

I also thought the 2 rucks worked well against the Saints. Would keep it again at Marshall’s expense.
Marshall was supposed to be an out until Rozee was ruled out.

Chokito

Club Legend
Aug 28, 2014
Perth WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats
IN: Prison Bars and Travis Boak
OUT: black and white stripes and Travis Cloke

the issue is when, where and if the game will be played.

the afl should just call a bye for next weekend and scrap the finals bye.

there is no point not knowing what to do until 18-24 hours before the game.

the issue is when, where and if the game will be played.

the afl should just call a bye for next weekend and scrap the finals bye.

there is no point not knowing what to do until 18-24 hours before the game.

Why? This mess won't be fixed in 2 weeks. And even if it is, no guarantee it doesn't fire up again soon after.

Get on with business. Hub anywhere you can. Play football.

Pickett4GOAT

Cancelled
May 27, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I love Freddy but for now he's gotta go down a level. Hammer can replace him. If Jones is ready he should come in for Leinert. Marshall had a good second half but we can bring Duursma back and Ladhams takes his role. Rozee for Woodcock.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Woodcock and Frederick were bad.

Spp has been underperforming for ages but we don’t have enough fit players to replace him.

Dbj and Houston have been poor for ages now. Performing so far below expectations it’s not funny.

Mayes lienert and drew all didn’t do enough, but weren’t bad enough to wipe out the credits they do have. Mayes and lienert tho are just treading water until their replacements are fit.

McKenzie Alir and Jonas have individually held their spots, but we’ve looked rubbish since dropping clurey. This might be a case where system is more important than one player. I’m not even sure how to fix this.

Why? This mess won't be fixed in 2 weeks. And even if it is, no guarantee it doesn't fire up again soon after.

Get on with business. Hub anywhere you can. Play football.
Because the AFL is so determined to play games in Victoria but Victoria will have spread for another week or two and the borders being slammed shut at last minute means there is a lot of time and more important energy and resources wasted chopping and changing.at the last minute.

Take a week off and move everyone out of Victoria.

Put the 18 teams in 3 equal hubs in Qld, WA and SA and play games there. The smaller states have controlled outbreaks because there is less activity there, not because they are brilliant, so take advantage of that.

Plus a bye means our players have time to get back from injury and miss 1 less match before finals.

Yes Im taking a whats good for Port Adelaide is good for Football approach - no different to what McGuire did for over 2 decades.

PJ Power

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 13, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
IN: Rozee, Duursma, Butters, Jones
OUT: Frederick, Woodcock, Marshall, McEntee

Sub Mayes
I’d take the first three ins, but Jones will need touch and time in the SANFL. He was fumbly in his last few matches and has had enough hamstring issues to tread cautiously with him until the Finals. FWIW I’d leave Marshall in of those outs.
Six quarters ago, I was ready to drop Georgiades. Now his regained form could be a big factor in our run to September. Getting Marshall and Dixon to their best is bloody important too.

I really like the improvement in Ladhams’ ruck work in recent weeks. Keep him too and use him as a high HF follower rather than a close to goal tall, when not rucking.

Last edited:

The Hobo

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Woodcock and Frederick were bad.

Woodcock was good, could have had 4 goals or so. His finishing let him down. He definitely faded badly, but unsure when he got corked.
Spp has been underperforming for ages but we don’t have enough fit players to replace him.

Dbj and Houston have been poor for ages now. Performing so far below expectations it’s not funny.

We need to persist with them, they are proven players that are out of form. These guys in form will be better than any kid we're going to bring in at this stage.

Mayes lienert and drew all didn’t do enough, but weren’t bad enough to wipe out the credits they do have. Mayes and lienert tho are just treading water until their replacements are fit.

Drew had a quiet game, but again, has the runs on the board and been excellent this season. Mayes was poor until the last few minutes, and probably goes back to being a sub. Lienert was ok i thought.

McKenzie Alir and Jonas have individually held their spots, but we’ve looked rubbish since dropping clurey. This might be a case where system is more important than one player. I’m not even sure how to fix this.

Defence held up well today, but Aliir has been negated lately, and he hasn't been holding marks that he was holding earlier. I think the drop off is more on individual form (mostly Aliir) than system issues.

JakeNeadeFan

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Woodcock was good, could have had 4 goals or so. His finishing let him down. He definitely faded badly, but unsure when he got corked.

We need to persist with them, they are proven players that are out of form. These guys in form will be better than any kid we're going to bring in at this stage.

Drew had a quiet game, but again, has the runs on the board and been excellent this season. Mayes was poor until the last few minutes, and probably goes back to being a sub. Lienert was ok i thought.

Defence held up well today, but Aliir has been negated lately, and he hasn't been holding marks that he was holding earlier. I think the drop off is more on individual form (mostly Aliir) than system issues.
Well said. Woodcock was at least involved the entire match unlike Mayes and Frederick were you genuinely could question if they were playing. It's just the finishing with Boyd and if he could get that right it would have been a great game.

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
Assuming Rozee comes back he comes in for Mayes imo. If Woodcock doesn't come up then he's the obvious replacement here but I thought he did a lot more than Mayes today, and I don't think that Mayes' body of work warrants selection ahead of the lowly rated Woodcock at this point.

I think the only way Duursma comes in is if the schedule gets mixed around with covid and he doesn't have a 5 day break after playing tomorrow. If he comes back in, I'd be taking out Frederick. Just did bugger all today and his attempt at a tackle in the 1st quarter was so insipid it nearly sent me through the roof. His best is very good but the gap between his best and worst is too great to warrant a selection when we are nearing full strength.

If Jones is back then Lienert comes out. Lienert is a nice depth player but there's too much "kick long and hope" to his game. Very one dimensional. Not a big fan.

The last issue of debate imo is whether or not we play 3 KPFs and 2 rucks at Adelaide Oval on what will be in all likelihood a slippery July deck. Not exactly favouring the talls. You either play the 3 KPFs and 1 ruck, or 2 KPFs and 2 rucks. I can't see 3 KPFs and 2 rucks working next weekend. Marshall had an ok second half but didn't do a whole lot. Neither did Ladhams truth be told. Someone in another thread in here said it well in that they thought Ladhams adds more to our ruck and midfield stocks than what Marshall adds to the forward collective. At this stage I'm inclined to agree. I'd personally be playing Ladhams ahead of Marshall - in large part as well because Dixon cannot ruck given his injuries, and I don't want Aliir coming out of defence to pinch hit in the ruck, nor is 3 KPF and 2 rucks the right system on a winter day at Adelaide Oval (imo). Based on this, if Butters is healthy he becomes the automatic selection and Marshall comes out. If he doesn't come up, I could see the coaches playing Jones as a pressure small forward like the did prior to his hamstring injury, and then bring Hartlett back into defence.

JakeNeadeFan

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Assuming Rozee comes back he comes in for Mayes imo. If Woodcock doesn't come up then he's the obvious replacement here but I thought he did a lot more than Mayes today, and I don't think that Mayes' body of work warrants selection ahead of the lowly rated Woodcock at this point.

I think the only way Duursma comes in is if the schedule gets mixed around with covid and he doesn't have a 5 day break after playing tomorrow. If he comes back in, I'd be taking out Frederick. Just did bugger all today and his attempt at a tackle in the 1st quarter was so insipid it nearly sent me through the roof. His best is very good but the gap between his best and worst is too great to warrant a selection when we are nearing full strength.

If Jones is back then Lienert comes out. Lienert is a nice depth player but there's too much "kick long and hope" to his game. Very one dimensional. Not a big fan.

The last issue of debate imo is whether or not we play 3 KPFs and 2 rucks at Adelaide Oval on what will be in all likelihood a slippery July deck. Not exactly favouring the talls. You either play the 3 KPFs and 1 ruck, or 2 KPFs and 2 rucks. I can't see 3 KPFs and 2 rucks working next weekend. Marshall had an ok second half but didn't do a whole lot. Neither did Ladhams truth be told. Someone in another thread in here said it well in that they thought Ladhams adds more to our ruck and midfield stocks than what Marshall adds to the forward collective. At this stage I'm inclined to agree. I'd personally be playing Ladhams ahead of Marshall - in large part as well because Dixon cannot ruck given his injuries, and I don't want Aliir coming out of defence to pinch hit in the ruck, nor is 3 KPF and 2 rucks the right system on a winter day at Adelaide Oval (imo). Based on this, if Butters is healthy he becomes the automatic selection and Marshall comes out. If he doesn't come up, I could see the coaches playing Jones as a pressure small forward like the did prior to his hamstring injury, and then bring Hartlett back into defence.
Generally agree but think they will be conservative with Jones given his hamstring history.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

If Duursma plays a good first half or 3/4 tomorrow he is every chance to get tested for the rest of the game to be fresh.

We have shown we are willing to do that with the Maggies this year.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Back