Prediction Changes for Collingwood - Rd 19

Remove this Banner Ad

If Lienert, Mayes and Frederick are the outs then Woodcock or McEntee will be the sub?
Yeah this part feels strange.

McEntee was sub last week, would be pretty brutal to make him sub twice in a row... but on the other hand Stiffy isn't the best choice for a sub as he really only plays one position. Should have kept Mayes in as super sub I reckon.

So sticking with three tall forwards plus Ladhams.

Good call.
Either we are contorting ourselves to keep Marshall in, or one of these talls will be spending time in the back lines. Clurey and Lienert to me are the equivalent swaps and it’s interesting that Clurey is not brought in.

Is that the one where they reverse the order of the stripes? TBH Collingwood are the only club in the AFL that do not have a genuine away guernsey.

View attachment 1183677
This is overplayed. From front on, Collingwood don't actually clash with any opponents, except for Geelong. Their away top actually works very well when playing against teams with mostly dark outfits, because it is normally the back that is the real issue. Collingwood goes from having a black back to a white one, which makes them very different.

There are only two real issues with Collingwood's gear. Away games against Geelong where Geelong insists on wearing dark shorts, both clubs because a horrid mish-mash of black/navy and white.

And Port vs Collingwood games. This is because Collingwood's white back clashes with the white number panel on our strip. We're the bad behaving club here, because we have a mostly dark front, and a mostly white back. They're probably actually better off wearing the Home guernsey with its all black back.

Either we are contorting ourselves to keep Marshall in, or one of these talls will be spending time in the back lines. Clurey and Lienert to me are the equivalent swaps and it’s interesting that Clurey is not brought in.

The bench is an extension of on-field these days. Ladhams can swap off the bench in ruck and can swap out with a tall forward in the forward line for some flexibility.

With the ins, we have 8 players in the squad who can swap in defence, Lienert was excess.

The bench is an extension of on-field these days. Ladhams can swap off the bench in ruck and can swap out with a tall forward in the forward line for some flexibility.

With the ins, we have 8 players in the squad who can swap in defence, Lienert was excess.
Leaves us very short in the backlines though doesn’t it? Aliir our tallest player at 194 cm. Do you not think they will expose us?

When was the last time those 3 were all on the “ins” list? Round 1 2019?

Instantly a better team. Lienert unlucky. Suspect Woodcock will be the sub.

does that mean McEntee has held his spot as well? Or are medical subs not counted as “omitted”?

Bonners going to stay in the side isn’t he? Don’t care if he had one good game (out of many) last week, this guy isn’t in our ideal team come finals and needs to make way for someone who’ll improve the team, especially with finals so close

Leaves us very short in the backlines though doesn’t it? Aliir our tallest player at 194 cm. Do you not think they will expose us?
This is the last week I'd be worried about that. Collingwood's key forwards would struggle to expose the seven dwarves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When was the last time those 3 were all on the “ins” list? Round 1 2019?

Instantly a better team. Lienert unlucky. Suspect Woodcock will be the sub.

does that mean McEntee has held his spot as well? Or are medical subs not counted as “omitted”?
If a medi sub is subbed on they are technically omitted but can be the medi sub again in the following week. So McEntee will be omitted. Assuming it was just not worth saying for Ken, McEntee isn't in the 22 and might be the sub again (although Mayes seems a likely option)

I don't think it does. Lienert plays more like a medium sized defender anyway. With Jonas, Aliir, McKenzie and Burton we can cover the Collingwood tall forwards. Jamie Elliot is probably the key to their forward line.

Those ins 😍.

Good changes overall. We suddenly look so much more dangerous going forward.

Not found
Bonners going to stay in the side isn’t he? Don’t care if he had one good game (out of many) last week, this guy isn’t in our ideal team come finals and needs to make way for someone who’ll improve the team, especially with finals so close
Played possibly his best.ever game last week. What message would we be sending dropping him after that? We need you to work on these areas - he does that and then gets dropped?

Bad luck to the Marshall haters.
It's bad luck for us all my friend. It's not hate either. I genuinely think it's cruel to the boy putting him out there. It would be like dropping me into a warzone. I simply have no business being there, and my presence endangers everyone else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back