Prediction Changes for Collingwood - Rd 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember how sh*t Tom Hawkins was for years... Let's have some hope

Hawkins had his breakout game in the 2011 grand final, the end of his 5th season. He kicked 62 goals and was AA/B&F the next year. It's Marshall's 5th season as we speak ...

Hawkins had his breakout game in the 2011 grand final, the end of his 5th season. He kicked 62 goals and was AA/B&F the next year. It's Marshall's 5th season as we speak ...
Also Hawkins was a late bloomer. Most good key forwards have a breakout year i.e. 50 goals+ in their 3rd or 4th season.

McKay and B.King doing it this year, Georgiades and the other King are probably next up.

Unpopular opinion but I don’t think Mayes is a good choice as sub. I think a higher intensity player like McEntee is a better pick - Hartlett would be ideal in the role as we get closer to finals.

Mayes seems to struggle with the pace of the game when he comes on. His goal against Sydney was an awesome moment but if Lloyd had held a simple mark we would have all been lamenting how easily Mayes was pushed out of that contest.
He’s (Mayes) an awful choice as sub. No stand out features at all and not particularly good anywhere.
A worse choice is Frederick as sub!

Now, if you’re talking Hartlett or Marshall I’m listening.

Marshall is perfect sub material!

Bonners going to stay in the side isn’t he? Don’t care if he had one good game (out of many) last week, this guy isn’t in our ideal team come finals and needs to make way for someone who’ll improve the team, especially with finals so close
that game against Melb, when he was dropped, and back "7" was Jonas, McKenzie, Burton, Clurey, Aliir, DBJ and Lienert, gave him yet another reprieve.

the ball movement from defence was awful in that game.

for team balance it's now fairly clear there has to be some "attacking flair" in the back lines. Bonner and Bergman are now the incumbents, but agree Bonner's well documented defensive weaknesses would be a concern, come finals.

Who's going to put their hand up to replace him? Lachie Jones? Hartlett?

Ideally it's Houston, in my opinion, assuming he's no longer needed in midfield. It's a shame he hasn't been at his best since shoulder injury - he's clearly carrying the injury (until post season surgery?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back