Preview Changes for Derby

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Certainly didn't pick us to win tomorrow but now I worry about the margin. Hope our skills have picked up but I don't know how since we have more of the same playing.

Thankfully I have an event to attend Saturday night full of Eagle loving family:(

This weird old Shaman looking guy asked me what I thought the worst case scenario for Freo would be before the start of the season - I said humiliating losses, shitloads of injuries and Bennell out for the foreseeable future.

Then the guy pulled out a Johnny Docker Freo doll and stabbed him with a penknife.

I'm so sorry guys.

Who's our VC these days? Still Sandi?

Don't know how much we should be pinning our hopes on wet weather. My app has downgraded it to a 60% chance of light showers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got the feeling that one of Taberner or Griffin comes in. Surely we aren't going in with two key defenders against the eagles. Alex Pearce goes back, Taberner comes in and one of the foot soldiers (hopefully Mzungu) comes out. If it's wet though we may not bother.

We should be playing three key defenders every game until Johnson retires. He's just so much better when he doesn't have to man up.

Got the feeling that one of Taberner or Griffin comes in. Surely we aren't going in with two key defenders against the eagles. Alex Pearce goes back, Taberner comes in and one of the foot soldiers (hopefully Mzungu) comes out. If it's wet though we may not bother.

We should be playing three key defenders every game until Johnson retires. He's just so much better when he doesn't have to man up.
Prefer we stick with the line up and play 3 kpds (A.Pearce, Dawson, Johnson) and just Pav forward surrounded by zippy small to medium forwards. Until we can get our inside 50 delivery being effective, I don't see many benefits in playing talls in our forward line. Given Mundy out not sure what that means for Fyfe? Suspect he'll still swing between the middle and HF. At least we know he can take a contested grab i50.

I wonder if we will see the return of the defensive game plan this week. Minor premiers and the most defensive side in the comp last year, bottom of the ladder and the worst defensively this year. Definately a correlation

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I still think Freo can win this.

Freo have had an extra days rest plus didn't travel unlike WC.

Freo were beaten by teams with very quick ball movement. West Coast aren't as quick.

The captain is out but Mundy hasn't been at his best. Pav and Fyfe can lead the team. The players love playing for Pav and Fyfe would be keen to show his leadership credentials.

I guess I'm a glass half full guy. This game will show what Freo are really made of.

This weird old Shaman looking guy asked me what I thought the worst case scenario for Freo would be before the start of the season - I said humiliating losses, shitloads of injuries and Bennell out for the foreseeable future.

Then the guy pulled out a Johnny Docker Freo doll and stabbed him with a penknife.

I'm so sorry guys.

PEN1?

What a shame Blakely isn't fit. With Mundy withdrawing from the game it would have presented the club with an interesting selection dilemma. His selection ahead of Mz might have proved that the club is embracing youth, his non-selection might have indicated that Connor is not rated as highly within the club as he is with us supporters. To me, Connor would have been the obvious replacement for Mundy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back