Prediction Changes for derby

Remove this Banner Ad

Partington, Mutimer, Hutchings and Giles are the four we would be looking at.

Giles comes in for sure for?

Partington to debut for Cripps?

Mutimer with 9 tackles named in the best.

Geez it's a shame that Rioli was out of the equation.

Out: Cripps, Nelson, Vardy (rested) and Hill.

In: Giles, Mitchell , Hutchings (would rather Partington) and Mutimer.

Forgot about Karpany, probably him instead of Mutimer....

Last edited:
Out: Cripps Nelson redden
In: Giles karpany mutimer.

Partington, Mutimer, Hutchings and Giles are the four we would be looking at.

Giles comes in for sure for?

Partington to debut for Cripps?

Mutimer with 9 tackles named in the best.

Geez it's a shame that Rioli was out of the equation.

Out: Cripps, Nelson and Hill.

In: Giles, Mitchell and Mutimer.
Parto is injured.will miss 2 weeks

I dunno if Vardy should keep getting games but he got completely dominated by Ben McEvoy, who isn't exactly an elite AFL ruck. I don't think Giles is much better but at this point I trust him to hold his own in the ruck more than Vardy.

Geez what a bloodbath.

Assuming Shepp and Gaff get up but Mitchell doesn't.

Out: Cripps (ankle), Nelson (wrist), Barrass
In: Mutimer, Hutchings, Giles

B: Wellingham, Schofield, Yeo
HB: Hurn, McGovern, Sheppard
C: Gaff, Priddis, Duggan
HF: Hill, Darling, Hutchings
F: LeCras, Kennedy, Vardy
R: Naitanui, Shuey, Sheed
I: Butler, Redden, Masten, Mutimer
E: Barrass, Karpany, Lamb (held over)

Barrass out for team balance, Gov goes back and Giles comes back in to help out in the ruck.

Other changes are forced. Wellingham back into the backline to replace Nelson. Mutimer and Hutch to both play forward with stints in the middle. Redden gets a reprieve.

Partington would probably have been close if he handed been caught up in the injury curse.

Normally I'd agree but I honestly think that their outside run will be the determining factor this weekend with our two fastest (or close to it) players in Cripps and Nelson out. Brad Hill, or what I've seen of him this year, has been excellent and is the key running player for them along with Weller. I think shutting Hill down, coupled with Stephen missing, could win us the game.

I think Wellingham is the best player for the job. I'm not keen to bring Hutchings in, though if he does, he could do the job.

I reckon they will bring in Hutchings who has played as defensive hard forward before to do a defensive job on Weller since he provides them with run and carry off half back.

I reckon they will bring in Hutchings who has played as defensive hard forward before to do a defensive job on Weller who provides them with run and carry off half back.
I'd understand that and he'll probably do a good job.

Long term though he is WAFL fodder.

Geez what a bloodbath.

Assuming Shepp and Gaff get up but Mitchell doesn't.

Out: Cripps (ankle), Nelson (wrist), Barrass
In: Mutimer, Hutchings, Giles

B: Wellingham, Schofield, Yeo
HB: Hurn, McGovern, Sheppard
C: Gaff, Priddis, Duggan
HF: Hill, Darling, Hutchings
F: LeCras, Kennedy, Vardy
R: Naitanui, Shuey, Sheed
I: Butler, Redden, Masten, Mutimer
E: Barrass, Karpany, Lamb (held over)

Barrass out for team balance, Gov goes back and Giles comes back in to help out in the ruck.

Other changes are forced. Wellingham back into the backline to replace Nelson. Mutimer and Hutch to both play forward with stints in the middle. Redden gets a reprieve.

Partington would probably have been close if he handed been caught up in the injury curse.

Barrass is one of our best young players and is finally a chance to lock down the KPD post that Mackenzie occupied for too long - and you want him out for team balance? But keep Schofield in? Seems like a terrible idea but fair enough

I don't think we've ever had such an eagerly anticipated team announcement as this Thursday. Whilst I was incredibly angry at our performance on Sunday, I think I will be even more angry if I see something like:

OUT

Cripps (Inj)
Nelson (Inj)
Sheed

IN

Hutchings
Jetta
Giles

What we absolutely need to do is something like

OUT

Cripps (Inj)
Nelson (Inj)
Redden
Masten

IN

Mutimer
Partington
Karpany
Mitchell (assuming he's right to go)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think we've ever had such an eagerly anticipated team announcement as this Thursday. Whilst I was incredibly angry at our performance on Sunday, I think I will be even more angry if I see something like:

OUT

Cripps (Inj)
Nelson (Inj)
Sheed

IN

Hutchings
Jetta
Giles

OUT

Cripps (Inj)
Nelson (Inj)
Redden
Masten

IN

Mutimer
Partington
Karpany
Mitchell (assuming he's right to go)

Partington's out for the next two weeks. Karpany for Redden is good though

Barrass is one of our best young players and is finally a chance to lock down the KPD post that Mackenzie occupied for too long - and you want him out for team balance? But keep Schofield in? Seems like a terrible idea but fair enough

I thought Schofield was the better performed of the two on the weekend and Barrass made too many crucial errors.

I think one of them has to come out though, because McGovern needs to go back and the two-tall backline has been working for us. If it's Schofield and not Barrass I'd be fine with that.

I'm actually quite excited for Karpany to get a couple of games in the seniors. He's developed well in the WAFL, is still very young, and has a bit to offer IMO.

Big difference to what I used to say about the lad, but I hope he does well. Assuming he gets the call up.

That sucks but he didn't play like someone with a fractured wrist, unlike some of his limp-wristed team mates cough Darling.

Out - Redden, Cripps, Nelson, Butler
In - Hutchings, Mutimer, Karpany, and nfi who else probably Jetta or keep Butler in.

Taking out about 750 games of experience and replacing it with about 60 games, all but one of which is provided by Giles. Seems a bit drastic.

And taking out four smalls for three smalls and Giles just makes us taller and slower.
Sure, sounds drastic. But consider this - Freo's changes after Round 2:

OUT

Pearce - 250 games
Dawson - 166 games
Griffin - 92 games
Suban - 146 games
Sutcliffe - 89 games
Tucker - 15 games
TOTAL - 758 games

IN

Crozier - 50 games
Sheridan - 59 games
Hughes - 6 games
Grey - 3 games
Logue - 0 games
Balic - 0 games
TOTAL - 118 games (109 made up by 2 players)

Freo haven't lost a game since being bold at the selection table, and whilst this doesn't guarantee it would work for us, I think there's something to be said for sending a very clear and concise message to the player group that this will not be tolerated anymore. Sure, those 6 that have come in for Freo haven't been their match winners in the 3 wins since, but I bet it sure as hell put the rest of their players on notice. They've looked a very different team the past 3 weeks to the one that got pantsed by Port in Round 2.

The big question is does our MC have the guts to be able to do something similar?

OUT

Pearce - 250 games
Dawson - 166 games
Griffin - 92 games
Suban - 146 games
Sutcliffe - 89 games
Tucker - 15 games
TOTAL - 758 games

IN

Crozier - 50 games
Sheridan - 59 games
Hughes - 6 games
Grey - 3 games
Logue - 0 games
Balic - 0 games

Freo haven't lost a game since being bold at the selection table, and whilst this doesn't guarantee it would work for us, I think there's something to be said for sending a very clear and concise message to the player group that this will not be tolerated anymore. Sure, those 6 that have come in for Freo haven't been their match winners in the 3 wins since, but I bet it sure as hell put the rest of their players on notice. They've looked a very different team the past 3 weeks to the one that got pantsed by Port in Round 2.

The big question is does our MC have the guts to be able to do something similar?

Fair enough. The Dockers looked woeful though and were looking like they'd struggle to win a game all year. We beat Sydney off a short break the previous week. I wouldn't want to overreact to one (extremely) bad game.

Having said that I'm hopeful we'll see a Mutimer debut this week and I wouldn't be averse to Karpany getting a game either.

Not sure there's too much more young blood ready to come in, especially with Partington injured. Cole and Venables are underdone and who knows when Watson will be back.

They are up and about on the Freo board saying their youth are going to smash us.

With some justification tbh

They're playing with the freedom of low expectations and Ross has finally loosened the reigns and is just letting them play.

And you just know they're going to be up for a derby like they so often are whilst I've lost faith our group will approach this with the same level of desperation

I'm always nervous before derbies, even moreso than usual for this one especially after our injury news

Our season has taken a very sudden southwards turn in the last week

OUT

Pearce - 250 games
Dawson - 166 games
Griffin - 92 games
Suban - 146 games
Sutcliffe - 89 games
Tucker - 15 games
TOTAL - 758 games

IN

Crozier - 50 games
Sheridan - 59 games
Hughes - 6 games
Grey - 3 games
Logue - 0 games
Balic - 0 games

None of those Freo players are their prime movers though. Its almost a comparable list to Mackenzie, Jetta, Hutchings, Butler, Schofield and Sheed being dropped its just we have older guys to replace them

OUT

Cripps (Inj)
Nelson (Inj)
Sheed

IN

Hutchings
Jetta
Giles

OUT

Cripps (Inj)
Nelson (Inj)