Prediction Changes for derby

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy with selecting on balance and the fact is that Freo are not tall up front so one of the KPD to miss out. That said, what are you thinking with Barrass out? Surely it is a typo and you meant Schofield out? I would be happy to hear why when the body of work for Schofield this year has been underwhelming.

I've said earlier I thought Barrass was the poorer of the two on the weekend. Schofield's work at East Perth has been below par (from what I've seen and read) but he hasn't really put a foot wrong in the two AFL games he's played.

So based on that Barrass would be my personal preferred out but only marginally, and I wouldn't be upset in the slightest if it was Schofield making way for Giles to come back in. I really think one of them has to come out though.

Too bad Tunbridge did his knee - it would have nice to use him in Cripps' place.

In: Karpany for Cripps, Mitchell (if fit) for Redden, Giles for Vardy - not going to win the ruck battle anyway so why make us slow, Mutimer/Cole for Nelson. Play Duggan on ball and back.

Too bad Tunbridge did his knee - it would have nice to use him in Cripps' place.

In: Karpany for Cripps, Mitchell (if fit) for Redden, Giles for Vardy - not going to win the ruck battle anyway so why make us slow, Mutimer/Cole for Nelson. Play Duggan on ball and back.

Nelson's out for a month.

Happy with selecting on balance and the fact is that Freo are not tall up front so one of the KPD to miss out. That said, what are you thinking with Barrass out? Surely it is a typo and you meant Schofield out? I would be happy to hear why when the body of work for Schofield this year has been underwhelming.
I'd guess Fivey might be suggesting Schofield is a little more mobile than Barrass, and more able to follow that guy with a s**t moustache around.

I've got Mitchell / Karpany for Cripps / Nelson as the only changes.

Yes, Nelson is big loss. I had Mutimer/Cole replacing Nelson fivey. Prefer Cole if he is fit enough. Last week was his first game back from injury, wasn't it?

Either you ninja-edited that or (the more likely explanation) I can't read :D

Cole's only played one WAFL league game and one reserves game so far, yes. I think the best replacement is Wellingham going back with someone like Mutimer/Karpany/Hutch to play his role.

Come on Biggs, it will give everyone the first out on their Changes For Next week thread after we lose to Freo.. :D
:D

I love Hutchy and he plays with all the heart in the world.

A good 23rd or 24th player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McCarthy and Kersten are freos only tall forwards are they not. Sandilands now he's playing as a virtual sole ruck isn't pushing forward all that often

Not convinced that Barrass and McGovern are the best pairing for those two. We run the risk of looking unbalanced down back like we did in the Richmond game

Out
Masto and Hill for their weak heart and inconsistency
In
Parto and Wato for their speed, youth and skill.

Did I do it right??

McCarthy and Kersten are freos only tall forwards are they not. Sandilands now he's playing as a virtual sole ruck isn't pushing forward all that often

Not convinced that Barrass and McGovern are the best pairing for those two. We run the risk of looking unbalanced down back like we did in the Richmond game

McCarthy is 192cm's and Kersten is 191cms so they do not have a tall forward line.

Bridget Lacy‏Verified account @Lacytalks now10 seconds ago

Adam Simpson says they are still not sure on Sam Mitchell's availability, needs to show improvement at training tonight. #westernderby

West Coast Eagles‏Verified account @WestCoastEagles now10 seconds ago

"We've got Mackenzie, Jetta, Mutimer and Hutchings performing well down at @EastPerthFC" Simpson

McCarthy is 192cm's and Kersten is 191cms so they do not have a tall forward line.

Bridget Lacy‏Verified account @Lacytalks now10 seconds ago

Adam Simpson says they are still not sure on Sam Mitchell's availability, needs to show improvement at training tonight. #westernderby

West Coast Eagles‏Verified account @WestCoastEagles now10 seconds ago

"We've got Mackenzie, Jetta, Mutimer and Hutchings performing well down at @EastPerthFC" Simpson
Only further reinforces my point then

And lol at Simpson saying Jetta is performing well at EP

Either you ninja-edited that or (the more likely explanation) I can't read :D

Cole's only played one WAFL league game and one reserves game so far, yes. I think the best replacement is Wellingham going back with someone like Mutimer/Karpany/Hutch to play his role.

Agree completely. Hopefully Sheppard gets up.

Jetta needs confidence. Bringing him in for one game then dropping him then bringing in for one game then dropping him won't be doing that confidence much good.
He needs a good crack at it so he can hopefully find some form and play like the Jetta we need and wanted.
If after a fair crack of 3-4 games in a row he still doesn't improve to what is expected then replace him with someone better.

I've said earlier I thought Barrass was the poorer of the two on the weekend. Schofield's work at East Perth has been below par (from what I've seen and read) but he hasn't really put a foot wrong in the two AFL games he's played.

So based on that Barrass would be my personal preferred out but only marginally, and I wouldn't be upset in the slightest if it was Schofield making way for Giles to come back in. I really think one of them has to come out though.
Turn in your badge mod.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back