Preview Changes for Elimination Final vs Bombers (UTAS Sun 3.20pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Quietly looking out for Bailey Williams to take the next step. We've seen moments of him being great but I want to see him completely dominate a game from the back half. I think he is capable of doing so.
I was convinced he would be the first Bailey in our team to become an AA. Of course that was wrong but he can definitely play that level of football.

Why can't Wallis get a game?

Why hasn't your coach picked Street or big Stef? (OK, in the case of Stef concerns about match fitness?)

Our coach hasn't picked Peter Street for the same reason that the Melbourne coach (whoever that is) hasn't selected Ron Barassi or Peter Moore all season.

Why can't Wallis get a game?

Why hasn't your coach picked Street or big Stef? (OK, in the case of Stef concerns about match fitness?)

Because he's slow and Bevo prefers Hannan in his role.

Because Bevo doesn't think winning ruck contests is important and would prefer a player who offers more around the ground.

I’m pretty sure Zeno The Great was on here yesterday saying the complete opposite. That people at the club are very confused. Zeno The Great correct me if I am wrong.

No offense BEaston but his track record on selection leads me to believe he knows more about this than you do.
No offense taken. I'm only giving my opinion on the matter, I'm not presenting anything as 100% factual one way or another. Please don't take anything I say to be anything other than my own simple opinion (unless specifically stated otherwise ;)).
If players and coaches indeed are very confused about the team selection then it reflects very poorly on how those decisions have been communicated down.

I wish we had big Peter Street. Good times.

I don’t think Bevo wanted Boyd gone. He would almost be his ideal ruck. Mobile, good disposal and good decision maker.
It’s a shame he isn’t playing any more.
I think a lot of people thought we were better off without Boyd when he was close to finishing up because Schache and Naughton were emerging together and English was hitting his straps.

I was always a big advocate for him. When he was in form he was exactly what we now need. In the GF he absolutely flattened Jack then went for a ruck contest like it was nothing. Struggled taking big marks forward but was good around the ground.

Obviously his retirement freed up cap space etc but a fit and focused Boyd would be great for us right now.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think a lot of people thought we were better off without Boyd when he was close to finishing up because Schache and Naughton were emerging together and English was hitting his straps.

I was always a bit advocate for him. When he was in form he was exactly what we now need. In the GF he absolutely flattened Jack then went for a ruck contest like it was nothing. Struggled taking big marks forward but was good around the ground.

Obviously his retirement freed up cap space etc but a fit and focused Boyd would be great for us right now.
They no doubt planned the recruitment around a Boyd-English combo

90% chance of rain tomorrow, according to my iPhone’s weather app. Assuming this helps us more than the Dons. Less chance of a fast break out of the centre, and even if Draper just smashes it forward all day out of the ruck, it’ll still be hard to pick up cleanly.
So sad that we’ve dropped off so badly that now we want rain so ******* essendons midfield can’t outgun us.

Bring the same heat around contests that Port did and we won’t lose.I’m just a little concerned that JJ,Hannan and co won’t.

It just occurred to me that we might be the only supporter group in history to go into a final not knowing who their ruckman will be. Or even if we'll have one. Just sayin'.

Nah we didn’t take a ruckman at all in our 2009 elim v Adelaide. Only lost by 96 points :)

Good luck for tomorrow Dogs fans!
There's a smart-arse in every crowd isn't there?!?

Nice comeback by the way ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back