Preview Changes for Elimination Final vs Bombers (UTAS Sun 3.20pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s missing in your review is the way we responded to each of those developments, selection and structure wise. Instead of sticking with what has worked all year, we thought we would get creative and throw the whole team off balance.

Despite those injuries we had the personnel to cover them and stick to the winning formula, instead we changed everything going into a finals campaign, missed top four and lost our mojo all at the same time. Meanwhile playing a number of players who do not deserve a spot in the squad, while leaving out others that do.
We didn’t have a josh Bruce waiting in the wings.

English and Bruce were working as a ruck forward duo for ages before Stef left. It was going to require a creative reset.

we could’ve had a look at Schache in the Bruce role but in terms of physicality it has been night and day between he and Bruce since the dawnof time. English is our best option as a kpf partner to naughton so I liked having him there last week.

some would say sweet would be nice to see instead of Young and I don’t disagree. I think bevo prefers young for his general play turnover game and that he will make up the difference in ruck work by having the returning mids fit for finals.

he’s probably right and we’re all probably wrong thinking sweet should play instead but we’ll never know.

It’s been an unlucky few weeks that haven’t been easy to manage.

Bringing Treloar, Dunkley, Wood, Laith and Keath all along to be fit for finals was always a plane on the Hudson River scenario I think we thought we had more wriggle room than we did but luck went against us starting in round 21.

No point dwelling. Data and logic says we should win today and we should be excited for the opportunity despite how scary the vibe kinda feels.

Go dogs!

Contrast it with the Truck/Heppell interview and you'll see a stark difference.
To be fair they've over achieved so should be upbeat, we've under achieved last 3 rounds so should be disappointed. People would probably be roasting them if we were upbeat for being delusional or not serious about improving. Damned either way!

To be clear, I’m not disappointed in the presentation itself but because small details like this actually translate to performance where it counts. It’s all part of culture. Culture is what wins premierships.

Like north in the 90s or eagles in 2000s??? CuLtURe

No we won’t. If the boys come out and kicks some ass today, it won’t be because we have managed the last three weeks well and are developing the right finals culture.

It will be because we have a super talented list who as a playing group have recognized the criticism is valid and have decided to answer it.

They will deserve a lot of credit because they will have done it handicapped by poor selection and poor team management leading into the finals.

I think we're in furious agreement here.

I get it but on the flip side you could argue one side happy to be there, the other disappointed and determined to put it right.
Hope you are right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently can’t play non match fit players but bought 2727373 in for first final in 2016 and that seemed to work. With the medi sub rule it’s a free hit

GAGF Bevo

Talk to you all next week when we are discussing trade week.

I rarely watch us play Essendon regardless when and where.

no chance I watch them win their first final in 2838474884 days

You missed a good win MD :)

2MP will be lucky to score a goal this week. It's probably 50/50 if he has no goals or one. Not only because of Keath, who will easily cover him, but finals footy and the pressure up he field will not be giving 2MP anything lace out. Most kicks will be under pressure or bombs where Keath can easily spoil. It will be like Roberts on Tippet all over again with a greater advantage to us.

Bump to make myself feel better. FYI I love Keath

Remove this Banner Ad

Back