Unofficial Preview Changes for Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Maintain the rage Simpson, i like it. Playing mcginnity instead of some of these more "talented" guys sends a message loud and clear. At least you know Patrick will go in hard if nothing else.

Cant wait for Sheed to be fit, we are really missing him this year.

BOOOYAAAH!!!

when was the last time you saw Priddis, Gaff, Masto or Hutch do anything remotely like that??? whats that you say?? NEVER?
Or won us a game off his own boot?
Priddis + Gaff, worst disposal in our team --> butcher 30 disposals a game, still get game every week. Bestest players ever.
Did you print out that Badgerman poster and get the players to sign it?

Pretty much exactly what came into my head. I think it's more of a message for half the side vs 1 or 2 guys. There has been enough games played this year to indicate Simmo doesn't want to play him.
Problem is it's guy like Le Cras who should be on the receiving end, not just our recent recruits

McGinnity would have had more impact that half a dozen blokes who played in last years GF and during most of our games this year. Bleeds blue and gold - stood tall during the 2012 finals series. We all know his limitations but still, how anyone complain about him being an "in" while Jetta's in this team is beyond me.

Last edited:
BOOOYAAAH!!!

when was the last time you saw Priddis, Gaff, Masto or Hutch do anything remotely like that??? whats that you say?? NEVER?
Or won us a game off his own boot?
Priddis + Gaff, worst disposal in our team --> butcher 30 disposals a game, still get game every week. Bestest players ever.
Problem is who do we replace them with?
Just need to get them playing to their strengths or pray that the badgeman rubs one off on them, and that they then play with some heart.

yes, I made the posters and went to the Adelaide game last year in SA .. in which we got smashed!!
got the players to sign em..
hehe look how jealous Priddis is.. JK loves it.. and Yeo + Shuey were classic!

That's ducking gold

Great news. Did he go into any further detail on his role?

Not really, just touched on him briefly...mentioned how they decided to switch him from the backline to the midfield at WAFL level and have been impressed with how he has gone about it, so they're excited to give him a run through the middle tonight.

I like the statements being made this week. Coming into the break, the team had lost a lot of confidence and were not working as a team. Good to see Simpson following through with his statement and rewarding sustained strong WAFL form.

Nelson and McGinnity add some toughness which was what we have been lacking in 2016.
I like the way Simpson is telling players to earn their spot back through EP. He mentioned it a number of times in his AFL 360 interview.
Also good to finally see Gov given a go up front.

Very keen to get Brown over the 100 games as he and his wife need to get some F/S candidates - he is on 90 games so will be tight to achieve this year.

With regular Best 22 in Nat, Sheed and Hill the only ones out injured / ill does this prove once and for all that The Badger is in our Best 25?

Half of them I think. The best one was when we tried to use him to shut down Yarran. Yarran ended up with 15 disposals while McGinnity got 6.
Yarran was best on the ground in the first quarter . After we took Mcginnity off him he hardly touched it. I remember we tagged Harvey with him once, Harvey kept running into open goals with ginners lagging behind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yarran was best on the ground in the first quarter . After we took Mcginnity off him he hardly touched it. I remember we tagged Harvey with him once, Harvey kept running into open goals with ginners lagging behind.

We also tried to tag Smith or Bruest from the Hawks with McGinnity, next minute, whoever it was was one of the best on ground while McG just trailed behind looking silly..

Call me crazy, but I like the McGinnity selection. He at least will give 100% around the contest and will go in hard. That has been an area we have really looked weak on this year bar Priddis. We lost the contested possession count to Brisbane last week. We have some good ball users in the side to make up for McGinnity's weakness in this area.

By the end of the game I might be thinking differently... or maybe 5 minutes after first bounce. We shall see.

whats the point with someone going 100% on the contest but cant dispose the ball to save his *en life.

At least McGinnity shows a bit of aggression unlike others.
People don't like the decision of him playing and can't wait for Sheed to come back because he'll make a difference.
Sheed is a good player for us, and could be a future captain, but his disposal efficiency is similar to McGinnity's who everyone bags.
Sheed 63.6% 1.9 avg clangers
McGinnity 69%. 2.8avg clangers
Sheed 68.8% 2.2 clangers
McGinnity 66.7% 1.6avg clangers

Leave it for you guys to argue now.

you cant compare a kid to a hack whos been a list clogger for 8 years.

sheed has so much upside and opportunity to grow

mc*ennuggets is on his last legs

I'm sorry, but people defending the inclusion of McGinnity is sadly laughable to me. A player who doesn't have a position, is terrible under pressure, is a poor decision maker and generally not AFL standard. Brilliant. That's exactly what the team needs. I also can't help but laugh at the way some of you have mythologised his 'toughness'…yes, he goes in hard and chases, let's stop pretending it's to such an extent that it makes up for his flaws overall.

We're a bloody average team, and McGinnity as an inclusion is indicative of our mediocrity. But hey, it's against Essendon, so we'll probably win by 20 goals and everyone can go back to rubbing their hands together because we have 'winnable games' coming up...

I don't know who it was but a little while back someone likened Nelson to Guthrie which was quite a good comparison (albeit Nelson isn't close to that level yet)

Guthrie began as a tagged type so Nelson playing as a defensive mid is a good idea

That was me you campaigner

I'm sorry, but people defending the inclusion of McGinnity is sadly laughable to me. A player who doesn't have a position, is terrible under pressure, is a poor decision maker and generally not AFL standard. Brilliant. That's exactly what the team needs. I also can't help but laugh at the way some of you have mythologised his 'toughness'…yes, he goes in hard and chases, let's stop pretending it's to such an extent that it makes up for his flaws overall.

We're a bloody average team, and McGinnity as an inclusion is indicative of our mediocrity. But hey, it's against Essendon, so we'll probably win by 20 goals and everyone can go back to rubbing their hands together because we have 'winnable games' coming up...
I don't see McGinnity's inclusion as some sort of indicator about anyone's ability or long-term usefulness to the team. Rather I see it as a message of hope to the WAFL players for decent form as well as a message to the higher rated Eagles players that they're not above being dropped if they play like s**t.

I am a huge critic of mcginnity and believe he should have been delisted years ago but If they have decided that duggan needs a game in the 2s to work on something then mcginnity has to be the next in due to his form in the wafl. If they had not included nelson as well I would have been really pissed.

Redden out has shown that they erred in playing from the start of the season and should have allowed him time in the WAFL to find fitness and form.

OK_KO_KO_OK

at least I remembered it wasn't me that said it

I'm like the kid in the back of the car after a really long trip, "Are we there yet, are we there yet?"

Nearly 2 weeks with no Eagles make Homer crazy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back