Prediction Changes for final (finally..) round vs Collingwood

Sweet Dees Mo

Debutant
Mar 15, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ballas used to be pretty good at home, and normally suspect away. Now he is mediocre at home, and god awful away. North only just back from injury, so unfortunate but that would be the reason he didn't get a gig. Dixon, still so green. Potentially could be our best forward in two years, but I am not sure he would have even thought he was going to get a gig. Again, He also had a few setbacks. I am ok with the changes. Except for Ballas. But with Walters out, kinda makes sense.

New Fitness staff please. And Cox should do nothing but improve his ball drop throughout the entire pre season. Ha. Cox. Ball Drop.

malpaso

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Kansas City Royals
Nyhuis needs one more game to qualify for WAFL finals. You can see the reason but geez I hope he gets a contract , There will be a lot of pissed of punters if he doesnt..
He has to get a contract, takes over from Spurr IMO (without the bomb kick) in that defensive back six. I'm sure Lyon feels that way

malpaso

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Ballas spends limited minutes in the mid. The midfield was smashed,obliterated . Get on their back instead of hammering a small forward who is reliant on a half decent midfield.
I agree. The midfield was beyond deplorable. I'm not entirely happy with the signing of Ballas but can see the reasoning as it's a veteran player in an area of need. He'll most likely be injury backup hopefully as Matera and Walters should be down there doing that next year with a rotating mid.

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
So we play Ballas for 'defensive' pressure. Okay. 4 disposals is fair enough. Good on him..

This is why we can't go forward as a club with Ross.
Matera has all the tools as a goalsneak, loves to kick a few goals crumbing. Yet we play him up the field, almost as a defensive winger. Of course he struggles to kick goals, when he's 80 metres from goals!

But play Ballas. He does the role best. Ugh
Totally agree. This has pi**ed me off all year.

Ethan Hughes (of they'd pick him) would be closing in on 50 games now if he'd been able to play each week and grow in confidence and as a player.
Bailey Banfield has spent the last 4 games in the team, out of the team, in the team and now out of the team. How does this help?

What happened to doubling-down?

Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
He has to get a contract, takes over from Spurr IMO (without the bomb kick) in that defensive back six. I'm sure Lyon feels that way
I wish I could have your confidence. Nyhuis has had 1 less game than Duman, 2 less after tomorrow, and one of those was the Brisbane game where he came in as the emergency when Sandi was injured in the warm up. His games have been more fragmented, with 3 in a row, kind of, including coming in for the Brisbane game after the bye. He is far more physically ready than Duman, and his performance against Robbie Grey, up until the tackle, was really good. I see nothing that suggests to me that Ross sees Nyhuis as worth investing in.

I have nothing against Duman, there are some nice things about him, but he is not physically ready, and I would far prefer Nyhuis at this stage.

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
I wish I could have your confidence. Nyhuis has had 1 less game than Duman, 2 less after tomorrow, and one of those was the Brisbane game where he came in as the emergency when Sandi was injured in the warm up. His games have been more fragmented, with 3 in a row, kind of, including coming in for the Brisbane game after the bye. He is far more physically ready than Duman, and his performance against Robbie Grey, up until the tackle, was really good. I see nothing that suggests to me that Ross sees Nyhuis as worth investing in.

I have nothing against Duman, there are some nice things about him, but he is not physically ready, and I would far prefer Nyhuis at this stage.
I'm pretty sure Carter, Logue, SHill and Blakely are all in the plans for the back half next year as well. Makes it difficult for him. I hope he gets another crack.

Personally, I'd like to see him as a defensive forward at Peel for a while in the Mat DeBoer kind of role. He's a good size, good defensively and knows where the goals are. It's certainly an area we would be looking to cover, and he has the traits to do it - and already here. Can't see the harm in it at all.

Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm pretty sure Carter, Logue, SHill and Blakely are all in the plans for the back half next year as well. Makes it difficult for him. I hope he gets another crack.

Personally, I'd like to see him as a defensive forward at Peel for a while in the Mat DeBoer kind of role. He's a good size, good defensively and knows where the goals are. It's certainly an area we would be looking to cover, and he has the traits to do it - and already here. Can't see the harm in it at all.
I hate Blakely in the back half, we really need him in the middle, imho. Not crazy about SHill down back either. Carter and Logue, who knows? I think Nyhuis potentially helps round out our backline, but hasn’t been given opportunity to settle in.

malpaso

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams

Nyhuis is a very good lock down defender. We don't have one, end of story. Asking him to be more than that is reaching.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK

Came here to say this exact thing. To me, if it's an either/or, Nyhuis looks the better long term prospect to me, rather than Duman. Yet Duman gets the contract and the elevation, Nyhuis gets dropped. Says a lot IMO. I absolutely believe he'll be cut from the list, probably as early as next week.

Jul 18, 2010
Australia.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth.
Came here to say this exact thing. To me, if it's an either/or, Nyhuis looks the better long term prospect to me, rather than Duman. Yet Duman gets the contract and the elevation, Nyhuis gets dropped. Says a lot IMO. I absolutely believe he'll be cut from the list, probably as early as next week.
I wont be happy with this :(!
I see a lot of potential in Nyhuis...less so Duman at this stage...

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Yeah that would be a bit ****ed. I rate Duman (and he deserves his contract) but we need someone like Nyhuis even more. It feels like there are more dangerous small/medium fwds than ever before and the evolution of the game will see even more come into the league so having a guy who can reliably shut them down is surely an important asset?

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah that would be a bit ******. I rate Duman (and he deserves his contract) but we need someone like Nyhuis even more. It feels like there are more dangerous small/medium fwds than ever before and the evolution of the game will see even more come into the league so having a guy who can reliably shut them down is surely an important asset?

This is it. The game has moved to playing more small dangerous forwards and yet we only have Nyhuis who can effectively play on them and we don’t even play him.

Belcher_124

Rookie
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Sorry to intrude but this is my last post for the season with regarding to these surveys.

Congratulations to the pies on the win and locking up a top four spot. Well done to freo for a competitive effort and match.

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone who went to yesterday’s match to fill out my final satisfaction survey for my thesis at Curtin University.

It will only take 5 minutes and you’ll be in the running to win a $50 Camfield voucher which ended up going to a freo supporter last time.
Just simply like the post once you have completed it to enter (you can also do the survey again and have two chances of winning if you completed the same survey for another event).
https://curtin.au1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9pN1nXqf6cQNPff

Cheers

DeanS

Club Legend
May 16, 2007
Tuart Hill
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Perth
I just did the survey but now I'm curious how you identify the voucher winner. I wasn't required to put in any personal details at all.

Back