Strategy Changes for final Subi game v Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

If you're looking to blood youngsters I think you need to look at their form over a little longer than a week.
Meh. It's the last game of the year. May as well pick someone who has a week of form behind them compared to someone who has been out of form for a while now. Especially when we have a surplus of backs.

Anyway, it's possible to want the coaches to focus on development but not necessarily applaud every time someone under the age of 23 is given a game.

I see zero logic in picking Waterman for a squad and then not playing him.

So that pretty much means he won't play

Still - with some potential mid-size forward talent to come through - it does reiterate that Mcgovern shouldn't be on our radar

Mids, mids and more mids please

edit: potential logic. Pick the squad with options.

Option A - we are out of finals contention - play the kids
Option B - we are in finals contention - play the best side to win that day.
Option C(Preferred) - bugger the finals, kick it to JK

Loving the Waterman inclusion. If he dominates does that mean we can trade Darling ?

Darling to the midfield, he's the inside contested bull we've been looking for.

I think Simmo is going in with a new plan this week. We are going to expose the opposition for height. Forward line will be as follows:

Lecras darling waterman
Vardy jk Petrie

I'm excited about this new tactic

Apparently brown could also be a late in as a 7th forward

Loving the Waterman inclusion. If he dominates does that mean we can trade Darling ?
Few clubs looking for talls. wouldn't mind offloading him to the dogs or tigers. Surely a late first rounder for him. Possible we use that for Gov jr and we get a late second rounder back.

Few clubs looking for talls. wouldn't mind offloading him to the dogs or tigers. Surely a late first rounder for him. Possible we use that for Gov jr and we get a late second rounder back.
I'd do that deal. Darling has plenty of good footy left in him, he's still so young but while Gov Jnr is smashing packs and winning games, Darling is flopping for frees and dropping marks.

Did I mention Priddis? How about Mitchell, fairly sure playing his last game at Subi wouldn't mean much to him. It's not meaningless to the kid who gets a game of experience. This kind of runs on the board thinking is what has gotten us to this point of having hardly anyone under 25 with more than a handful of games to their name.

I was referring to Lecras.

Not picking Rioli is disappointing... who gives a s**t if he can't run out a full game, if he can snag a couple of goals and lay some tackles in the forward 50 it gives us something to get excited about!! Surely we can manage his game time to about 60-70%.
Cripps needed to be dropped, he's had a shocking year by his standards, he used to be reliable. Now he waits for the easy goal and continually fumbles.
Playing Rioli in my opinion would have given him extra incentive for a big preseason, to get a taste of AFL footy would be priceless for us. Nothing to lose everything to gain..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We have to decide about Waterman playing/missing WAFL before knowing if it's a dead rubber.

Even when we name our final teams 90 minutes before the bounce it will be early/mid term in the Freo game. So likely too early to know if our rubber will be dead.

I don't see how we name him only if it's a dead rubber. I also can't see the coaches thinking that way. They will pick the best team and have a mindset that the rubber won't be dead. It would be poor form for that sort of contingency planning considering the timing of the Freo game.

I would play waterman in the wafl.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have to decide about Waterman playing/missing WAFL before knowing if it's a dead rubber.

Even when we name our final teams 90 minutes before the bounce it will be early/mid term in the Freo game. So likely too early to know if our rubber will be dead.

I can just see Freo leading 60-55 at three quarter time, so we decide to not pick Waterman, and then Essendon have a 12 goal to nothing finale term to win 127-60.

I think Simmo is going in with a new plan this week. We are going to expose the opposition for height.

Is this a new plan/tactic? Thought he was trying to expose the opposition for height all season. A players height is irrelevant - they select the team based on credits.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back