Strategy Changes for Fremantle game

Remove this Banner Ad

God help us all.
giphy.gif

I’m not so sure now. The article that linked the signings of Vardy said at “least the next two years” but in the video Redden says he’s happy to be here another 3 years.

So unless he’s including this year it seems that way.
You'd hope we're not paying him too much, the way some of our young guys are coming through there's every chance he's playing a lot of WAFL in 2-3 years time.

You'd hope we're not paying him too much, the way some of our young guys are coming through there's every chance he's playing a lot of WAFL in 2-3 years time.
I wouldn’t have thought so. I would suspect he would have taken a contract reduction to get the third year.

He’s 28 in December, so still should have 2 good years left (plus this year) with the third hopefully in a part coaching role. He’s had his best preseason in the eyes of all the coaches so that would have some bearing I think. I can think of worse places to be midfield wise when he is our “depth” midfielder.

Clearly a popular lad.

i was talking to one of the development coaches last week and he said that the young players,
has energised the group and the older players have really taken the young players under there wing,
and its created a really really close playing group.

i was talking to one of the development coaches last week and he said that the young players,
has energised the group and the older players have really taken the young players under there wing,
and its created a really really close playing group.
Honestly, that is ******* heart warming to hear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not so sure now. The article that linked the signings of Vardy said at “least the next two years” but in the video Redden says he’s happy to be here another 3 years.

So unless he’s including this year it seems that way.

Yeah, he actually says "I was lucky to sign up for another 3 years". So not much doubt about it unfortunately.

WHAT? Why did we do that
GEEZ
Redden hasn't really set the world on fire in the last 5 matches this season to justify a three year contract. His stats are underwhelming, he gets pushed of the ball easily and the opposition can shrug his tackles without any difficulties.
Needs to add more damaging stats goals/contested possessions/clearances to legitimize his new contract.

Last edited:
Haggers just stated that NicNat JK Shuey Yeo and Sheed are all super sore from the stadium surface and any one or all might not play

Lol if true

The question I’d ask is why the stadium appears to have affected West Coast players far more than Freo players?

West Coast began training at Lathlain this pre-season. I wonder what the surface there is like?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haggers just stated that NicNat JK Shuey Yeo and Sheed are all super sore from the stadium surface and any one or all might not play

Lol if true
"light duties"
"barely running"
"does this every week"
"I think he has a hamstring injury"

Whilst I'm sure he's not entirely wrong does Haggers (even after covering the game for decades) still think that players have 6 sessions a week where they go 100%?

I would have thought we would name Ainsworth, Muitmer and Partington if more than one mid was in doubt. Duggan could cover one spot with Nelson and Cole down back but we would still need a few more mids.
I'd imagine if that many were in doubt the team would change the 25 before team list submission today.

I would have thought we would name Ainsworth, Muitmer and Partington if more than one mid was in doubt. Duggan could cover one spot with Nelson and Cole down back but we would still need a few more mids.

Partington's out injured this week unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back