Unofficial Preview Changes for Grand Final - West Coast v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

100%

How good was the wake up this morning people?

I MEAN HOW ******* GOOD WAS IT!!!

GF BABAY!!!!

Still smiling :D

Unchanged for mine. Masto was clearly rusty, so I could see the argument for him and Rosa switching spots (and especially considering how Matty was vs the Hawks), but I don't want to mess with form. Unchanged.

Still smiling :D

Unchanged for mine. Masto was clearly rusty, so I could see the argument for him and Rosa switching spots (and especially considering how Matty was vs the Hawks), but I don't want to mess with form. Unchanged.

I've been crook for three days and on antibiotics ......lung infection (not serious though) and no I'm not a smoker and fit ...just run down.

Woke up this morning and I'm dandy. Last night was a blur

Will rewatch game today

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah. We are the form team. The hawks have to beat us.

We won 6 from 7 last year to finish year

This year we are 16-5-1 draw

So I figure from last 29 games we've won 22 lost 6 1 draw (I think) .........that stacks up

Changes ...none

Oddly I reckon barrass would have been handy last night a few times we got done in the year and that's to be expected ......but I'm ok with no change

Don't drop hill ......he can kick two amazing goals from four touches

That might be the difference .........it's what he brings instead of what he doesn't bring

Rosa is safe

Pardon the intrusion - I just wanted to wish you guys the best of luck for the big dance. Hope you towel those Hawks flogs up something shocking.

Will be cheering you guys on!

Feel free to PM me your norm smith medal predicitons :)

No change. Selwood, McGinnity and Nelson emergencies

Can't believe it's happening, not in my wildest dream did I see us playing in the big dance in 2015 and that was before Ezy and Mitch went down. When they went down it did feel like the sky was crashing down and we'd finish low but I am so bloody proud of this team and this club and how we've adapted.

A grand final appearance alone is a win in my eyes and anything from here just makes it so much better.

I'm hoping Simo has been holding back and this Sat the Eagles will put a hard tag on Mitchell. Hutchins most likely, cannot let Mitchell get 30 touches again, he is their in form mid. Need to watch Smith and Hill as well.
Kinda get what you're saying, but I'm not sure if we want to mess around with things. Simpson didn't do hard tag on Mitchell in QF, (though pregame I thought that was the reason Selwood got named). I feel much more comfortable with doing what we have done all year, don't deviate too much. QF Mitchell standard 30+ but we smashed them. Gameplan, structure, belief, keep the constants IMHO.

Remarkable that after a season full of injury disruptions, we will be going in unchanged for the biggest game of our season.

images

Watching the highlights again, it was good to see Masten involved in a few of them. He obviously looked underdone and was not racking up the ball (10 touches), but finished at 90% efficiency with 4 goal assists, in particular set up Kennedy's second and the Priddis handball for Wellingham.

Rosa runs with Smith and that would be enough. Can't tag everyone.

Gaff head to head with Hill, would back Gaff to get more of the ball and work harder both ways.:thumbsu:
Gaff would be stinging a bit I think, he got beaten by Gibson, and hasn't had the best finals series.

I would swap rosa with masten, rosa to outwork smith on the wing.
Super happy for rosa he is fit this time of year- he missed the back end of 2011 with a super injury. We missed his run then, and think it will be important on Saturday on the wide wings of the G.

Which ever team we play I hope they give everything for the full 4 quaters. Tackle, pressure and do all the little things. We won't die wondering!

This is probably only going to annoy me. But last night AFL.com.au previewed next week as West Coast Vs Hawthorn. Now it's Hawthorn Vs West Coast.

Team unchanged but rosa starts and hutch to sub .
Sheed to blanket smith like he did in the first final and gaff to go head to head with hill .
Ellis to do a better job of taking Cyril's head off .
Hawthorne have taken out Walters and jetta in successive GFs early we need give them a taste of their own medicine .
Wellingham to run though someone ala Kade Simpson preferably hodge or Mitchell .
It's not dirty tactics it unsociable

Remove this Banner Ad

Back