Changes v Port (latest; out: Murray, In: Murphy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't believe anyone thinks De Goey is in doubt. Kicked a goal 20 minutes into the last to seal the deal, then jogged off to rest and avoid any risk of injury, and suddenly that equals Pie in doubt? Spare me.

Anyway, Ryder, Houston and Polec failed to train this morning and are in actual doubt. Ryder says he will get picked in 22 and have a fitness test on Friday at the captains run...
I hope Ryder plays, big risk for them

Not concerned at all about this game We need to send a message to these second rate South Australian campaigners what it means to play Collingwood at the G and put the other 6 sides in the 8 on notice as well!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If there was ever a week, we had to debut McLarty as a KPD, this is it.

If we make finals, we need a genuine KPD.
If we play :
Richmond : Riewoldt
WCE : Darling & Kennedy
GWS : Cameron
Geelong : Hawkins
Sydney : Franklin
Port : Westhoff
Hawks : Roughead
Demons : T.McDonald
North : Ben Brown

I don’t see us beating any of these teams in the finals if Howe is playing on their best forward.

I don’t think our undersized, inexperienced defence can cope with those players. We need Howe intercepting, and not manning their best KPD.

Saturday’s game is supposed to be a wet game. The last thing we would want is Westhoff to be taking easy marks in the forward 50 just because he’s TALLER than our defenders.
The saying goes (paraphrase) “Tall players don’t get any shorter”.
All McLarty would need to do is stay with Westhoff and bring the ball to the ground.

I would send Greenwood to Wines. He’s their spirit animal.
I would tell Grundy to jump at Frampton at every bounce. I would tell Grundy to run forward from every stoppage. Port is the 2nd best team at clearances this year.
Maynard on R.Gray.
Langdon on Wingard.

We should use the same strategy as the Adelaide game.

I would personally start De Goey in the Center then rotate him through the forward line too.

Out : Oxley
In : McLarty

Pies by 31.

Last edited:
I'm not convinced CFC need either of May or Lynch based on what they will cost. I would prefer younger lesser known options be explored first, let Derek do his thing, examples of the age group and type of player I have in mind are Durdin 198 cm (NM), Finlayson 196 cm (GWS), De Koning 200 cm (Carlton) and Krueger 195 cm (SA).

I'm not convinced CFC need either of May or Lynch based on what they will cost. I would prefer younger lesser known options be explored first, let Derek do his thing, examples of the age group and type of player I have in mind are Durdin 198 cm (NM), Finlayson 196 cm (GWS), De Koning 200 cm (Carlton) and Krueger 195 cm (SA).
There was another Lynch who signed a 10 year deal for $2M
The Footy world went into melt down

Later on they had to renegotiate the deal because by years 8, 9, 10 he was playing for the same money as most third year players

VFL watchers....did McLarty play in defence last week? If so that may be an indication of the clubs plans this week...

Would be one of the most inexperienced kpp lineups ever seen. Cox (38 games) Mihocek (10) Madgen (2) McLarty (0).

But is McLarty an upgrade on Oxley? Possibly.

Just about anyone be a Upgrade on Oxley(Except maybe Blair).

He played his Usual Forward and 2nd Ruck Postion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back