Preview Changes for next week V The Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
I just see what I see here... that they want him to work harder for longer and do it over several rounds and push for selection. They have been pretty specific in saying that and we all know it's an issue with Faz. So I guess I am suggesting, based on what the club is saying and what we know, that your theory that it is "code for him not being mentally able to play seniors" is off the mark. If he was having such issues I don't think they would be publicly commenting in any negative way at all, and it would be a noticeable giveaway in that sense. The fact that they are publicly putting some pressure on him here basically torpedo's your theory as far as I'm concerned (in a normal club anyway).

Not only is it off the mark, its inappropriate and unfair to speculate.

Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Very interesing Adelaides forward line consists of Walker, Jenkins, Lynch and Fogarty. The shortest player out of the 4 mentioned is Lynch and he is 192cm, with the prediction of rain that is a more questionable selection than us leaving Cox in.

Thoughts?

Still not expecting to win but i would not be shocked if we get within 3 goals.

MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL, #TeamBatman
For Dunstall to say we are into this up to our ears........I agree, can’t remember when.

He's right.

Forget about the draw last year, look back over the last few seasons. As with Geelong, we match up on Adelaide very well.

Anyone who has been pricing in a 10 goal smashing is completely on the wrong track...

hippyhippy

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Very interesing Adelaides forward line consists of Walker, Jenkins, Lynch and Fogarty. The shortest player out of the 4 mentioned is Lynch and he is 192cm, with the prediction of rain that is a more questionable selection than us leaving Cox in.

Thoughts?

We are going in very tall... Care to give us the likely matchups for a giant fwd line? Our skills in wet games under pyke have been pretty good actually

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Folks making some pretty massive premature calls.

Of course we are hoping for a lot from Stephenson as a high draft pick. The Lions were hoping for similar from Aish. And Schache.

At the other end of the spectrum, who foresaw what Dane Swan would become when he was fighting for a spot at back pocket in the ones?

It's too early to say that Josh Daicos isn't in the 'ball park' with Stephenson. I mean s**t he's a Daicos. And I think he's tracking nicely personally.

If Stevo isn't knackered and requiring a rest, what's the excuse for 6 possessions? He's supposed to be the quickest bloke on the list but I struggle to believe he could go with Murray based on what they have done on the field so far.

I fear him giving little, going back to the VFL with his confidence pierced and it taking him longer to bounce back into the senior side. I just think we should be patient with him, and also set high expectations. Higher than he produced last week.

grayza2018

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2017
The Cottage
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Fulham
Largely status quo then. Looking forward to this, still with not a lot of confidence of four points but we travel well, and if we are in there late...who knows?!

Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
We are going in very tall... Care to give us the likely matchups for a giant fwd line? Our skills in wet games under pyke have been pretty good actually
It's a tough one, perhaps we might put Reid back if the rain does hold off, if it doesnt i would say he would stay forward.

Il take a guess assuming it does rain, anyone care to chip in if need be.

Dunn to Walker
Scharenberg to Jenkins
Langdon to Lynch
Howe to Fogarty

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

leahcar

Debutant
Apr 18, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's a tough one, perhaps we might put Reid back if the rain does hold off, if it doesnt i would say he would stay forward.

Dunn to Walker
Scharenberg to Jenkins
Langdon to Lynch
Howe to Fogarty

I was thinking Langdon to Fogarty
Howe to Lynch/Jenkins and scharenberg to take whoever howe doesn't

Bored_Pie

Club Legend
Jan 8, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Folks making some pretty massive premature calls.

Of course we are hoping for a lot from Stephenson as a high draft pick. The Lions were hoping for similar from Aish. And Schache.

At the other end of the spectrum, who foresaw what Dane Swan would become when he was fighting for a spot at back pocket in the ones?

It's too early to say that Josh Daicos isn't in the 'ball park' with Stephenson. I mean s**t he's a Daicos. And I think he's tracking nicely personally.

If Stevo isn't knackered and requiring a rest, what's the excuse for 6 possessions? He's supposed to be the quickest bloke on the list but I struggle to believe he could go with Murray based on what they have done on the field so far.

I fear him giving little, going back to the VFL with his confidence pierced and it taking him longer to bounce back into the senior side. I just think we should be patient with him, and also set high expectations. Higher than he produced last week.
He's playing half forward. Which isn't one of the easiest positions to play. He's not knackered. It's not like he's playing a game every single day, they're professional athletes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bored_Pie

Club Legend
Jan 8, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood

Dunn to Walker
Scharenberg to Jenkins
Langdon to Lynch
Howe to Fogarty
Howe to Mcgovern.

Mongo Ming

Intergalactic Despot
Sep 10, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
He's right.

Forget about the draw last year, look back over the last few seasons. As with Geelong, we match up on Adelaide very well.

Anyone who has been pricing in a 10 goal smashing is completely on the wrong track...
Just a gentle reminder the line is -33.5

4tone

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I get the Wills call, based on a blinder last week.
Not sure how bringing in Daicos is earned yet?
Who would you drop for Wills?

Straight up Langdon, huge body, height for a key back, aggressive, also with midfielder qualities. There's nothing stopping Wills becoming a mobile key back. Also same with Sier becoming a key forward, 2 absolute monsters with midfield tanks. With Daicos, the guy will be a star, super clean, low centre of gravity, has arse scrapes the ground, just let him loose. The Pies will not only make the 8 this year, they will embarrass some quality teams. Bucks has let go of the safety rope, just hope he reaps the rewards. If not some Joe blow will come in and steer the ship in the right direction. The pies are close, real close maybe 1 / 2 players away from being top contenders. This year has a 2009 feel about it.

I think it's excellent Fas is being made to earn his spot.
Murray had a few things to work on in the pre-season and that seems to have paid off.
The more of this type of thinking the better.

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory

Thoughts?

Add McGovern to that group also. They're very very tall. I think it's a good point you make. I'd be nervous if I were them going in that tall on a wet night. Especially when only Lynch is a big possession winner out of the lot.

swoop42

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
The 18
AFL Club
Collingwood
It would appear Adelaide are trying to stretch us for height in defence but given the forecast it's a gamble.

Dunn or Reid would have to take Jenkins as he's far to tall and heavy for all the others IMO.

Scharenberg would be giving away 9cm and 18kg on Jenkins and Adelaide would merely isolate the two deep and we'd watch the carnage ensue.

MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL, #TeamBatman
You think we’ll get that pumped? Seems like the antithesis of your previous comment?

Meant more as a comment on gambling as a whole.

3 to 5 goals in favour of Adelaide is about what I think the margin will be.

Mongo Ming

Intergalactic Despot
Sep 10, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Meant more as a comment on gambling as a whole.

3 to 5 goals in favour of Adelaide is about what I think the margin will be.
Can’t argue there.. gambling is for stooges and gimps ;-). Not something I dabble in on the regular by any means, but geez the line at 5+ goals. If you did dabble you could do worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back