Opinion Changes for next week vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Potential ins:
Viney (24 disposals, 11 hardball gets in VFL)
Tynan (two goals in VFL)
Moloney (23 disposals in VFL, apparently not a great 23?)
Bate (23 disposals, one goal, in the VFL bests)
Jamar (if fit...)
Martin (if fit...though less likely)
Nicholson (was a possibility for GWS, should be right)

Potential outs:
Couch (eight disposals - was substituted off)
Blease (eight disposals, two tackles)
Jetta (eight disposals, five inside 50s)
Spencer (15 disposals, 24 hitouts - if Jamar were to come in)

Go for it, fellas. :thumbsu:

Trust Adelaide to lose the week before they play us, thereby giving them the kick up the arse they need to come out and destroy us.

I think we can beat them. They haven't got a good record against us at the MCG (two wins in 10 years) and surely they aren't a 100 point better side compared to last year.

I'm surprised Beamer had 23. Thought he had less than that. Seemed quiet, didn't have great impact. Bate was good, was stiff to get dropped to begin with, Tynan was very good, defensive pressure good and kicked a couple of nice goals.

And bloody hell I wish we could pick Viney. What a gun footballer.

Great to see young Jack showing something against men as a 17 year old. In a couple of sentences mate, could you describe his strengths/weaknesses as you see them. Would you pick him at 3 if forced to, based on what you've seen? Cheers.

Great to see young Jack showing something against men as a 17 year old. In a couple of sentences mate, could you describe his strengths/weaknesses as you see them. Would you pick him at 3 if forced to, based on what you've seen? Cheers.

Certainly a top fiver, whether he's better than Daniher, Whitfield, O'Meara and Grundy remains to be seen, but the signs are encouraging. I wouldn't think GWS or Gold Coast would bid on him with players of the caliber of Whitfield available to them.

Strengths - he's a clearance machine, deceptively strong - he took down Jarrod Witts in a strong tackle, Witts is 100kg+ so that's a pretty fair achievement from Jack to bring him to ground - gets the ball and he broke even against a good player in Andrew Krakouer (he was also very good yesterday) so he's got quite the talent.

I haven't got a hold of his weaknesses just yet, this is the 2nd time I've seen him play, the first was at the 18s and he was alright. However he did spend a fair bit of time on the bench, which says a lot when he still racked up 24 touches anyway.

Adelaide seem like Sydney last year. Not quite a premiership contender but not just scraping into the eight either (obviously they are top four but the draw is what it is). Can we beat them? It's possible but we'd need our best possible team to show their best performance for the year and Adelaide to give us more courtesy than we deserve. This will be a more likely win than Freo in Patersons though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we can beat them. They haven't got a good record against us at the MCG (two wins in 10 years) and surely they aren't a 100 point better side compared to last year.
I think you can beat us too, but 100 points flattered Melbourne in the end last year, due to us being extremely shithouse. The difference in our form this year compared to then is barely comparable, we were a rabble. Hopefully having one of the most in form players in the comp in Dangerfield playing a full game might make a difference too.;)

I thought we would win the Brisbane game easily but be troubled by Melbourne... but after losing to Brisbane, I can't see us dropping this one, there is no way we will mentally switch off at any point during the game like we did after quarter time on the weekend. We will also get Porplyzia and Smith back in favour of Knights and Brown, which is huge for us.

I kinda hope you leave Moloney in the VFL, and Jamar misses another one, after last years display against us.:p

Adelaide have a top 2 spot to play for and will give us everything. Can't see us winning but hope we put up a decent performance.

With 2 games to go I'm not really fussed with ins/outs although kids with hardly any games could benefit from a run.

Is it worth putting Cook in to give him a taste - possibly make him hungry for next year?

I see Jamar is a chance to return this week? How likely do you guys think he is to return?

And will Moloney return?

I would think they'd just put Jamar on ice for the rest of the year, not much point in him playing two meaningless games at the risk of aggravating that calf injury. Also gives Spencer a few more games' experience. But the MFC site says he's a chance, so who knows?

Moloney... surely his papers are marked now, having been dropped twice in the back half of the year. Unlikely to come back ahead of Bate and Gysberts, maybe even Magner too.

I think you can beat us too, but 100 points flattered Melbourne in the end last year, due to us being extremely shithouse. The difference in our form this year compared to then is barely comparable, we were a rabble. Hopefully having one of the most in form players in the comp in Dangerfield playing a full game might make a difference too.;)

I thought we would win the Brisbane game easily but be troubled by Melbourne... but after losing to Brisbane, I can't see us dropping this one, there is no way we will mentally switch off at any point during the game like we did after quarter time on the weekend. We will also get Porplyzia and Smith back in favour of Knights and Brown, which is huge for us.

I kinda hope you leave Moloney in the VFL, and Jamar misses another one, after last years display against us.:p

Agree you guys were really poor in that game, let us downhill ski all day. You wont let us do that again, plus we cant even down hill ski anymore. Being at the G, id give us a mathematical chance, not much more though.

Nothing a Jack Trengove sling tackle won't fix.

I would think they'd just put Jamar on ice for the rest of the year, not much point in him playing two meaningless games at the risk of aggravating that calf injury. Also gives Spencer a few more games' experience. But the MFC site says he's a chance, so who knows?

Moloney... surely his papers are marked now, having been dropped twice in the back half of the year. Unlikely to come back ahead of Bate and Gysberts, maybe even Magner too.
Don't you think Melbourne might risk Jamar considering Spencer would have to combat Jacobs basically alone otherwise? I have no idea btw, which is why I'm asking... Jamar cut us up last year, but of course Jacobs has improved since then as well..

IN: Tynan, Nicholson, LOLPatrick
OUT: Jetta, Couch, Garland (mystery injury of the week)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back