Unofficial Preview Changes for next week vs @Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Many will disagree, but I'd almost guarantee that Taylor keeps his spot. Clarko likes him.

Corr for Bonar just has to happen. And if we need another tall defender, bring in Dawson. Anyone but Bonar.

Steevo had a poor game, needs to find some form and confidence.

Out; Xerri, Bonar, Steevo
In; Goldy, Corr, Ford/Tucker

Out; Xerri, Bonar, Turner
In; Goldy, Corr, Ford

Clarkson will have given Turner coaches votes for the Syd Barker today. No chance he'll be dropped after his efforts today.

Doubt we omit one of our elite runners in scott. Corr for Bonar?

Bonar will stay in I think.

Edit: to clarify I think Clarko saw a lot of WCE scoring opportunities occur with balls spilling out the back of packs, which happened because we were too short in defense. I think both Bonar and Corr play next week.

Last edited:
Bonar will stay in I think.

Edit: to clarify I think Clarko saw a lot of WCE scoring opportunities occur with balls spilling out the back of packs, which happened because we were too short in defense. I think both Bonar and Corr play next week.
That doesn’t happen because we are too short in defence it happens because too many go up in the contest.

Goldy for Xerri is obvious.

Has no issues with Bonar today, vanilla day but only beaten once from what I saw and made a couple of disposal errors which of us the baseline means we go in with 18 changes. Corr should come in as a genuine 2nd tall though so need some thought into how. Either Bonar or Ziebell goes out. Jacks 2nd half was good but was not great in the first.

Structurally, be interested in whether we look at Hall to provide more run or wait a week for TT.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waiting for the write up from the VFL practice match, but initial thoughts are Goldy for Xerri, and Corr to come in for ? (unless someone else pulls up sore). Taylor's poor disposal early may count against him.

I don’t think too many players weee poor today. Only Stephenson had a lacklustre impact while Taylor certainly struggled to impact with his disposals, although the last quarter seems a bit better

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Out: Stephenson, Xerri
In: Corr Goldstein

B: McDonald Corr Bonar
HB: Sheezel Logue Bergman

R:Goldstein Simpkin Davies-Uniacke
C:Shiel Powell Scott

HF:phillips Comben Curtis
F:Zurhaar Larkey Turner

I:Goater/Taylor Ziebell Greenwood Cunnington

S: Taylor/Goater

Out: X, CT
In: Goldy, Phillips

Ford the Sub.
Would like to see Corr in somewhere too

Goldstein for Xerri is a definite. Corr for Bonar is a possibility and perhaps Clarko may also look at Dawson for Bergman or Ziebell, but I don't think Bergman did too much wrong, but Freo's height in their forward 50 may dictate which way we go in the backline.

Can't see Turner being dropped, led the team for tackles and the pressure he applied resulted in numerous turnovers.

Stephenson was quiet but may be given another go.

People suggesting Turner to be dropped are under-rating his impact around the contest today. Clarko would have loved his physicality o guarantee it.

IN:Goldy, Corr and Phillips with Young as sub...
Out: Bonar (is really lacking confidence), Taylor (needs more time in the VFL ) just shocking today except for that mark, Xerri, (inj)

IN:Goldy, Corr and Phillips with Young as sub...
Out: Bonar (is really lacking confidence), Taylor (needs more time in the VFL ) just shocking today except for that mark, Xerri, (inj)
This for me. Corr has to play. Reads the play and has some height. Ziebell did well today but we can't afford to have only logue vs freos tall forwards next week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back