Unofficial Preview Changes for next week vs @Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

He was pushed under the ball every defensive contest and let his opponent free behind the pack, didn’t kill the spoil and panicked with the ball In hand. But yep, he was good.
Panicked?
he did not cough it up once
DE 100%

I am easy going as to whether we can get a player out of Bones or Perez or Young but Bones played part of the time on Allen and he was jumping as high as Logue
His time will come

Bergman can kick the ball
Corr can kick the ball
Ziebell kicked ball well on weekend

Bonar cannot kick the ball

Not rocket science

Bonar had no confidence to mark the ball, turned it over when he kicked and didn’t completely kill the contest when he spoiled.

I acknowledge his direct opponent didn’t exactly set the world on fire, but it was always scary stuff whenever the ball went in Bonar’s direction.

I would prefer Goater, Bergman, LMac and Ziebell in front of him at the moment. I would expect McKay to take Ziebell spot when available and Archer to be in front Bonar should either of Corr, McKay or Logue ever be
unavailable ever again.

As for Fyfe, he only goes at about 40% for set shots so happy if he plays forward compared to in the middle where he could potentially impact LDU dominance.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Too much talk about Bonar and not enough about Phillips I feel he’s a bit unlucky to be dropped to emergencies again.
Before last Saturday there was a lot of talk that neither Greenwood nor Shiels should be in ahead of him - much harder to say now which mid Will should replace.

Before last Saturday there was a lot of talk that neither Greenwood nor Shiels should be in ahead of him - much harder to say now which mid Will should replace.
It’s pretty simple bailey butcher Scott out

Shiels and Powell on the wings with goat rotating thro

Panicked?
DE 100%

I am easy going as to whether we can get a player out of Bones or Perez or Young but Bones played part of the time on Allen and he was jumping as high as Logue
His time will come
Sorry but not sure where you found that stat. All I could find was 58 ranking points, 38 metres gained and 1 Clanger…

I think that Corr was always ahead of Bonar when fit. So not a punishment for poor play.
I agree.

The team is mildly better balanced than last week, Corr is at least listed as 6 cm taller than Bonar and can play on different types of players.

I would have Corr in the team, even if McKay was selected. Form warranting, of course.

You ain't going to have Logue intercept marking too much when Bonar is the the 2nd tall. And before anyone bothers to bring out stats, the stats will not tell you where Logue took his marks Rd 1.

Last week, we got 34 points up, and one intercept mark higher up the ground might have been the passage of play that broke the back of the opposition, and we may have won by 9 goals.

Panicked?
DE 100%

His time will come
It might be 100% but he puts his teammates under pressure with his lack of game awareness

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s a fair point I prefer him to Sheils but I appreciate I’m probably in the minority.

Freo going with the patented Brad Scott ‘back them in’ guide to selection.
Brad is flying, top of the table and one forced change.

One week into his contract, he has the coterie off his back.

But a week is a long time in football, and an eternity when the * coterie is involved.

As I said earlier in this thread, incredibly straight forward selection decisions this week.

Goldy obviously a no brainer. And although Bonar wasn’t horrific or anything, he did repeatedly fail to bring the ball forward and let it get out the back (which looked the only way they’d score for large chunks of the game), while Corr is very, very much best 22.

That should work
tho I don’t quite get the Clanger and Turnover if they say 100% DE but general point stands
Free kick against counts as a Clanger and might not involve a disposal. You can kick to a contest where your teammate gets outmarked, which would be effective but also a turnover.

That should work
tho I don’t quite get the Clanger and Turnover if they say 100% DE but general point stands
Look, I want him to succeed as much as anyone, I just don’t see it.

And no question you can end up with a high DE (I still question 100%) when all of you kicks are 15 metres sideways…

Not really that hard for me. Long game says Will. For 20 plus years we've been content with blokes playing a good game every 6 weeks- sometimes even longer. Trust me, give it a week or two.

Panicked?
DE 100%

His time will come

Go and watch his very first kick of the game on the AFL player highlights

He is not good with ball in hand

Too much talk about Bonar and not enough about Phillips I feel he’s a bit unlucky to be dropped to emergencies again.
Perhaps it's just the size of the ground that's counted against him and needing running power. Not saying that he lacks pace but he's still a little bit behind the 8 ball I understand in terms of his pre-season. Almost back to peak fitness though.

What we do need are players with skill, poise and the ability to use the ball under pressure. Will clearly has all that in spades which we saw within the first 15 seconds of him coming on as sub last week when he lowered his eyes and drilled Larkey on the clacker from 30 metres. Would be very surprised if he doesn't cross the Nullabor this weekend once more as our sub.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back