Unofficial Preview Changes for next week vs @Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Perfect changes, tough on Phillips but he was great as the sub and would know what's required to make the side.

How can you make such bold statements?
Bonars doesn't get the ball to kick it, you wouldn't know :p
He got more possessions than Bergman and as many as Greenwood and Goater.

Also had second most intercepts in the side, behind LMac and ahead of Logue, and everyone else. Made heaps of spoils even on players like Allen. I think Corr comes in and Bon's the weakest link but he played well and defended well at important times against bigger opponents.

Phillips or Howe would make the most sense as sub. Phillips if we want more run and a genuine mid. Howe if we need flexibility. Howe can plan so many different roles so would be a good choice as sub.

Bonar is too one dimensional and doesn’t accumulate the footy and Free is a lumbering ruckman.

Why is a guy who effectively played Full Back supposed to accumulate the footy
Why is he being judged on disposals
Sure he missed some spoils but the endless focus on the negative is a bit nuts

Mick Martyn was 190 too
That’s the role for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone please tell me how the development of Jacob Edwards is going . Thanks 😊. Seems to have been on our list for ever I know it’s just 2 years .. thanks 😊

Can someone please tell me how the development of Jacob Edwards is going . Thanks 😊. Seems to have been on our list for ever I know it’s just 2 years .. thanks 😊
Its less than two years, closer to 20 months. It was less than 18 months when they got back from Christmas break.

He's signed until the end of this year.

From what I've seen of him at this level, it would take a monumental turnaround to be worthy of another year.

He hasn't looked close to it in any of the match sim and VFL I've watched.

Now, the club might give him another year just to see what he looks like with some more physical development, but that would be fairly charitable to put it lightly.

He has a massive 8-10 weeks in front of him.

Has put on some muscle and weight. Played a lot more forward in the vfl practice matches. Kicked a couple in five minutes in the dogs praccy. Seems better suited as a forward, but wait and see I guess. Still needs more muscle and development. Like others, he will benefit from a stronger vfl side.

Ok Kanga's we are playing for double points this week v Freo.

I'd love to see a North win.

Then next week I can screen shot the ladder with Freo next to the Eagles in the bottom 3 and send it to some Freo mates.

Caption. 'Fancy see you guys down here!' LOL.

Bottom four could be Eagles, Geelong, Brisbane and Freo. And Doggies could be around the mark too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back