Review Changes for Pineapple Grapple

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
People calling for lukosius to not be dropped so he can develop in seniors why doesn’t Brodie get the same luxury? A lot of Brodie mistakes I see the whole neafl team does..

that’s only Brodie 13th game what about jack Martin 87 games ghs 54 games

Last year people saying the same about ah Chee now saying missing him
Peoples just want a scapegoat , I don't mind sending players back to NEAFL , but you need to build you NEAFL team strong to provide back up. If not kids lost motivation because of trashing.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
People calling for lukosius to not be dropped so he can develop in seniors why doesn’t Brodie get the same luxury? A lot of Brodie mistakes I see the whole neafl team does..

that’s only Brodie 13th game what about jack Martin 87 games ghs 54 games

Last year people saying the same about ah Chee now saying missing him
You need to keep all the kids motivated , not just trashing result in NEAFL when they relegated . Lukosius /Burgess could be the next brodie or ah chee

bigboy_wowee

Debutant
Jun 4, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
Be honest , Brodie for Miles failed two games already .when Miles played Bowes don't need to worried so much on the defensive side of thing, but sending Brodie back to NEAFL also won't work .40 + points lost still better than 90+ in the NEAFL .
Thought he was one of our better players today. Always went hard at the footy and got a lot of in and under ball. Kicking still needs work though.

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
You need to keep all the kids motivated , not just trashing result in NEAFL when they relegated . Lukosius /Burgess could be the next brodie or ah chee

Just like you can’t continue to carry players who are having no impact.. I got thrashed for saying drop lukosius because he only having 5 touches and everyone telling me he needs to stay in seniors because it’s more valuable to develop him so I was just saying you have to give Brodie the same luxury

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Bowes gone quietened off since he’s started concentrating on tagging
Got smacked off the ball early in the first quarter. Was very groggy and probably affected his afternoon.

That was one of the worst games I’ve ever had the displeasure of watching live. Just plain dreadful. Are players these days totally devoid of skill?

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Just like you can’t continue to carry players who are having no impact.. I got thrashed for saying drop lukosius because he only having 5 touches and everyone telling me he needs to stay in seniors because it’s more valuable to develop him so I was just saying you have to give Brodie the same luxury
Is it fair to said Send Holman , lukosius ,GHS , Murdoch back instead of just lukosius. Is time for Dew to invest some senior players into NEAFL and let kids learn his game plan off Murdoch , GHS , Miles , Holman , Young . Keep changing players won't help them gel as a group.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Lukosius can probably do with a week in the 2's, don't take him to be belted down by the Eagles.

Young or Day can come in for him.
Give him the week off altogether if you’re not going to play him in the seniors

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Geez wouldn’t you love to be a footballer,

“coach I can’t work 22 days a year for a full 2 hours, I will need a couple of breaks during the year to get me through to my 3 month holiday at the end of the year, ohh and can I have an advance, 200k should do it”

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Geez wouldn’t you love to be a footballer,

“coach I can’t work 22 days a year for a full 2 hours, I will need a couple of breaks during the year to get me through to my 3 month holiday at the end of the year, ohh and can I have an advance, 200k should do it”
Adelaide and Vic club would love to take lukosius and Ben king back to their hometown like scrimshaw after two years .

Camsta

All Australian
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Played 2 good quarters then just got out-classed in the middle. Expect Powell and miles back next week.

Some good moments and the kids are coming together - just need more experience.

Chins up - I expect the players to front up with vengeance next week, and I’ll do the same

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
What a flat day. First NEAFL with injuries and then Qclash. Lions could beat us by 100 points if they had been more accurate in front of goal. Did we just hit the wall? Players looked exhausted, very sloppy. Hopefully, it will not take us 12 games to get a next win like last year :) I still predict 6 wins this year.

Happy Idiot

All Australian
Oct 12, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
What I wouldn't give for an A Grader like Lauchie Neale, would make so much difference in the middle.
Full disclosure, I haven't watched today's game. But I think this is the reality of our situation — to play four good-ish games and two bad ones is about where we're at. It's a rebuild.

You're spot on though, at some point we need an elite midfielder to come onboard (probably two to be honest). When that happens, I don't know — they are not on our list yet. It would go a long way to help out our promising forwards and defenders (who are on our list now) develop effectively.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
All we had to do was trade for Lincoln McCarthy and Neale would have come here... best mates!
Too late , Brisbane Fagan flyed to Perth even before the deal get done .

Last edited:
Back