Preview Changes for Preliminary Final v Richmond. Friday night at MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moore for Aish (if he is ready to go).

Moore to Reiwoldt
Goldy to Caddy
Free up Howe or Langdon

Aish is not even unlucky. His last 2 games have been terrible. Poor decisions, poor skills and if he wasn't scared of his own shadow created by the lights last night, then he is doing a very good impersonation of it. If you have watched the game twice and can't see that then watch if for the 3rd time.

We have to take a risk to beat Tigers. Moore gives us flexibility and the opportunity to be a player that seriously influences the match. Aish is bottom two playing a limited role. It is a no brainer IMO.

Well we should also Drop Cox and Stephenson as well as they been Poor last 2 Games

Are they coached to win the clearance when a ruckman belts it 30m forward? That's what Grundy MUST do this Friday. No-one else has tried it against them yet, we have to use their "fake" ruckman to OUR advantage and make them change the way they like to play. Grigg is only there to tackle and harass whomever opposition rucks hit it to. So clear the area with an OFFENSIVE punch and let their defenders have to deal with the extra pressure.

Totally agree,
I was just thinking if Grundy-Or Cox win 80% of the hit outs which may very well happen,They seemed trained to expect to lose that contest and double up at the contest.

Are they coached to win the clearance when a ruckman belts it 30m forward? That's what Grundy MUST do this Friday. No-one else has tried it against them yet, we have to use their "fake" ruckman to OUR advantage and make them change the way they like to play. Grigg is only there to tackle and harass whomever opposition rucks hit it to. So clear the area with an OFFENSIVE punch and let their defenders have to deal with the extra pressure.
Like Charlie Manson used to do, bang, big punch forward ....

I was having some fun.

Actually the moment they think Mayne is not fitting best 22 he’ll be an out.
At the moment he’s in.
Bucks seems to have a soft spot for him and maybe following instructions (whatever they are), doubt he will be out any time soon.

Well we should also Drop Cox and Stephenson as well as they been Poor last 2 Games
They have a lot more in the bank, add more to our structure and are also not scared Dave. I don't think he has been the same since his broken cheek bone (?)

I just want to win next week and i think Moore helps us do that better than Aish.

after 90 games in a row for us, plus the last 6 for lions so 96 in a row; he’s established easily in our line up.
Had a smashing season too.

He’s integral now.

But your post highlights that we are now almost looking for a reason to drop an unlucky player.
That’s a good thing actually.

An even better thing is that none of these posters are on the selection committee.

Going back to my view that selection is generally kept to minimal changes and generally like for like.
Injuries aside the changes have always seemed logical and progressive.

Any doubts with inured players?
At this stage leaning to not.
Though niggles are reported for Sier (cork) and Pendlebury (cork); I'm suggesting both will be fine.

Then there is players returning from injury that may be included?
This leads to a possibility of inclusion for Moore and Reid.
Feel we could add a drop of key height.
This returns the vexed question of Moore / Reid.

Feel one may come in but also add Moore seems to have the greater scope at this stage.
Does he play?
If so for whom?
Suggest it might just be an unlucky Aish making way.
Greenwood might just have that extra grunt and tagging bows in his arsenal to be safer than Aish.

B. B Maynard ~ T Langdon ~ T Goldsack
HB. J Howe ~ D Moore ~ J Crisp
C. S Sidebottom ~ A Treloar ~ T Phillips
HF. W Hoskin-Elliott ~ J De Goey ~ T Varcoe
F. J Stephenson ~ M Cox ~ J Thomas
R. B Grundy ~ S Pendlebury (c) ~ T Adams
I. B Mihocek ~ B Sier ~ C Mayne ~ L Greenwood

E. B Reid, J Madgen, J Aish, C Brown

In: D Moore
Out: J Aish

You forgot the knees into the chest of his opposing ruckman and then BANG
There's a lot of Charlie in Grundy I reckon. A lot more polish but just as much aggression
And James Manson is a super guy too.
He's more Goldsack than Grundy skill, talent wise.
Played with heart, gusto, relish...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with those suggesting the Moore for Aish.

Re Moore: He gives us an ace up the sleeve re: flexibility if we need it. He starts on Riewoldt, frees up Goldy to play on a smaller forward. The small forwards are Richmond's strength, so we need quick and hard players for them. He also allows us to throw him forward if needed to change up the forward line dynamic if Richmond's tall backs are getting on top. And as Scodog said earlier, we absolutely need him the following week if we get there, so getting him a run this week will help immeasureably.

Re Aish: It's not just about how poor he has been the last fortnight, it is also about what he doesn't bring to next week. What he doesn't bring - he isn't fast (and so can't reallly take one of Richmond's fast small forwards), doesn't provide run from defence, can't play inside in the midfield, doesn't have silky disposal, etc. In addition, he is extremely fumbly under pressure, and has given up too much deep in defence. Richmond will tear him apart.

Can’t see any changes. A fit Moore would be a certainty but... can’t risk him and he hasn’t played for too Long.

But if there’s an injury the possibilities are: Moore or Brown

No Oxley? :p

I agree with those suggesting the Moore for Aish.

Re Moore: He gives us an ace up the sleeve re: flexibility if we need it. He starts on Riewoldt, frees up Goldy to play on a smaller forward. The small forwards are Richmond's strength, so we need quick and hard players for them. He also allows us to throw him forward if needed to change up the forward line dynamic if Richmond's tall backs are getting on top. And as Scodog said earlier, we absolutely need him the following week if we get there, so getting him a run this week will help immeasureably.

Re Aish: It's not just about how poor he has been the last fortnight, it is also about what he doesn't bring to next week. What he doesn't bring - he isn't fast (and so can't reallly take one of Richmond's fast small forwards), doesn't provide run from defence, can't play inside in the midfield, doesn't have silky disposal, etc. In addition, he is extremely fumbly under pressure, and has given up too much deep in defence. Richmond will tear him apart.

Actually in the 1st Qtr I did see Aish take the Game On but Stopped in 2nd Half .

Well I guess Aish would Struggle even in the VFL Then

Don’t understand why people want Moore in?

Goldsack good matchup for Jack, and he has done exactly asked if him against Kennedy and Cameron.

Apart from Jack, the Tigers don’t have any other talls.

They have their mosquito fleet that we will need to counter -

Rioli, Castagna, Higgins, Jack Graham, Edwards and then mids like Prestia, Lambert, Caddy and Dusty who push forward.

I would rather Aish than Moore, especially as Moore a big chance to not run the game out

No change if the Bear is fit.

I am hoping we are down by 5 at the final siren but Treloar has already drilled one from just on 50 that sails through the big sticks.

That is how you want this game to end.
Nice.

Or we just put them to the sword open up an early 10 goal lead and they bleed for hours.

That works too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back