Opinion Changes for QF vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Same as all others... But I'm gojng to add westhoff for Marshall. Marshall was mostly terrible last night and at leat with westy he has a chance of a cracking game.

If Marshall was being asked by Ken firstly to take the oppositions best key marking player out of the game (ie Moore), followed by separation from Dixon, and the thirdly get the ball and kick goals. Do you still drop him for Westhoff?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd like:
Clurey for Bonner
Butters for Woodcock
Westhoff for Marshall

I don't think Burton will get up.

Will happen:
Clurey for Lienert
Butters for Woodcock.

2020 Westhoff cannot possibly replicate what Marshall does as a KPF.

Perhaps Marshall’s finals experience in 2017 at the expense of Jackson Trengove, may play a part in this final’s campaign...

Remember he got monstered, and McGovern took heaps of marks.

In a game of mms, who knows what this might bring...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Farken - it could be 2004 again - play Geelong in Qualifyer - St Kilda in Prelim - and Brisbane in GF?

All possible. Wtf?
The weird thing about this is those are the 3 teams we lost to this season. We need payback against all 3 clubs.

Trouble with Justin is that he is cooked. We aren’t getting even the Justin of a year ago. Think 3 times he’s come in this season and 3 times it’s been obvious it’s over.

Ladhams almost had a good game if a couple of marks stick or a goal goes though but unless you are Robbie Gray there was no room no time and no space around the ball last night. His game was ok in the overall scheme of things.

I wonder if part of the problem there has been the lack of SANFL footy to give Justin some confidence before coming back in. That's not going to change for finals, so Westhoff is only a 'break glass in case of emergency' pick at the moment.

I wouldn't be opposed to keeping Lienert in and dropping Bonner for Clurey. I think we will need the extra height and ability to compete that Lienert gives us more than we need Bonner's rebound off HBF.

Then, it's obviously Butters for Woodcock.

Motlop stays in but needs to get more involved. The thing in his favour (apart from his goals last night) is we don't really have anyone with exposed form with whom to replace him. Mitch would be the only possibility but I'm not sure he's quite ready for it.

Selection committee hasn't got it wrong all year for the most part. Butters obviously comes in for Woodcock, but you can make a case for leaving the rest of the team how it is.

I actually didn't think Bonner was bad at all in general play, but premiership teams are based on your decisions under pressure, and that double fisted spoil screamed a player who would cough up a goal with 20 seconds to go and Port up by 5 points.

Lienert did his job and made it difficult for the selection committee to drop him for Clurey.

Bonner stank. Putrid. More about his ineffectiveness and lack of will in the contest.
Watch the game closely and Bonners soft effort.

Bonner stank. Putrid. More about his ineffectiveness and lack of will in the contest.
Whilst I think we have better options, and the loses his spot, this is a touch hyperbolic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't keep track of whether he's being "funny" or just horrendously unprofessional.
To be fair braaahn has been on a campaign for a few weeks trying to question all and sundry why they weren't rating us as we should be. He has gotten a couple credits back in my books for that.

What concerns me the most is he isn't willing to put his body on the line. Outside with no pressure he's good. As soon as it gets contested he goes to water.

Dropkick on 7 news offering amazing insight that Farrel will be struggling to retain his spot with the returnof Butters. This was following up on his other in depth analysis that Burton will be an automatic inclusion, an opiinion that is nowhere near as clear cut a decision in any other discussion. I don't know why i have been avoiding this quality journalism.....

Probably should be in "shakes head" but I thought posters should be aware of this insight into our likely changes lol.

On SM-T830 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bonner out, his lack of effort is infuriating. Lienert can do what he does - but better.

Woodcock out - played well and didn't do much wrong - but Butters walks in.

Lienert out Only if Burton is 110%. Lienert was great - and has been all season when called upon. His added height might be useful.

Westhoff for Ladhams maybe... It would be good to have the added security of being able to throw Westy as the loose man in defence if we need.

Marshall stays as he is very good at taking the loose tall (Moore yest) away from Charlie. Also started to look good in the second half.

In: Clurey, Butters and Burton if available.

Clurey and Butters in

Idk who goes... Bonner, and Woodcock maybe? Although we do tend to like Woodcock or Farell in as a defensive small forward

Liked Lienerts game, and against the Cats... maybe?

Although the dewy conditions should make life tougher for Tomahawk.

Lienertwas really good Can someone tell me a bit more about him?
will he stay in

I did a bit of work with Jarrod a while back when he was playing at Sturt (got picked up as a mature-ager). Genuine good bloke and the kind of guy you would want to run out alongside in a final - unselfish, team-driven and hard at the contest.

What concerns me the most is he isn't willing to put his body on the line. Outside with no pressure he's good. As soon as it gets contested he goes to water.
I didn't think he was that bad against Collingwood, but there were a couple of times, like there is in every game he plays, when it was his turn to go hard at the contest & he didn't. Can't have players like that in finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back