Preview Changes for R10 v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

By using him to replace an injured, suspended or resting player?
take a player out and put him in
It will need to be one of about five, though, won't it? He can be close, as Simpson says, but there may simply be no opportunity to pick him.

Maybe play him in a game against a 'lesser' opponent like the Saints or Bulldogs at home etc.?
Replacing Darling, Kennedy, Waterman, Barrass or McGovern? Or playing alongside them?

It will need to be one of about five, though, won't it? He can be close, as Simpson says, but there may simply be no opportunity to pick him.

Kennedy's the most likely, he's approaching his 31st birthday and coming off an interrupted pre-season. He's unlikely to play every game from now until round 23.

With greatest of respect to Masten, surely Simpson will make sure that he wont be opposed to Smith for long, if at all.

That would be an absolute disaster for us and a huge win for them

The matchups in the official Thursday/Friday night teamsheets aren't exactly locked in, you know.

I'd say there's a fair chance Hutchings spends some time on Smith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve heard that Masten is going to lay a massive knee to the nuts of Smith before the first bounce, sneakily, after they shake hands rendering him useless for the remainder, and taking the six weeks offered therefore allowing petrucelle to resume in the seniors and giving all WCE supporters six weeks off of his shitness

I’ve heard that Masten is going to lay a massive knee to the nuts of Smith before the first bounce, sneakily, after they shake hands rendering him useless for the remainder, and taking the six weeks offered therefore allowing petrucelle to resume in the seniors and giving all WCE supporters six weeks off of his shitness
Absolute trash and you all know it.

Pretty sure every time I’ve seen Naitanui named in the ruck he has played there

images

I'd actually rather see Brayden play for EP this week. It's not that i rate him but i'd rather seem him playing more footy and actually taking his game to another level in the 2's. He should either be playing in the seniors or in the two. Travelling duties wouldn't impact on Nelson as much.

Kennedy's the most likely, he's approaching his 31st birthday and coming off an interrupted pre-season. He's unlikely to play every game from now until round 23.
So does Brander just chill his boots until JK misses a game?

I'm not trying to be provocative. But if this kid is a real talent, is it worth forcing him into the side, even if it means carrying an extra tall? Not this week. But maybe next.

Yes. He just signed a two year extension so he seems pretty content.

There'll be an opportunity to rest JK and play Brander. Maybe as early as the Saints game.

Mastos had a great year. So no like for you.

I'm not trying to be provocative. But if this kid is a real talent, is it worth forcing him into the side, even if it means carrying an extra tall? Not this week. But maybe next.
Sooner or later JK, Darling or Waterman will miss a game and then Brander will come in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back