Changes for R16 v Norf

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: Bonner, Sutcliffe, Ebert
In: Houston, Woodcock, Motlop

Give Ebert a rest after the head knock. The other two aren't best 22 and did nothing this week to prove otherwise.

Westhoff just keeping Ladhams' spot in the side warm for the week after.

Don't really see the value in bringing back Motlop especially as Rozee is starting to get his hands on the footy a lot more.

Give Ebert a rest after the head knock. The other two aren't best 22 and did nothing this week to prove otherwise.

Motlop jeez you are determined to sink on that vessel.

Motlop jeez you are determined to sink on that vessel.

Could be Farrell, I don't really give a s**t either way, but Mots kicked 4 in the scratchy so seems like the more obvious selection and Farrell played more piss poor games in a row before getting dropped than Motlop did. Main point is I reckon Ebert only has a few games left in him and I don't want one of them to be wasted in a Round 16 game against 17th placed Norf.

I’d probably be doing the same, if MG is fit I’d find it very hard to pick Marshall over MG.

Bonner - Houston
Easy upgrade though I don’t think bonner was terrible today but this is an easy call

Sutcliffe - woodcock
Sutcliffe was perfectly fine today. Rather get games into the promising youngster who shouldn’t have lost his spot in the 1st place.

ebert - one of Georgiades, Farrell, Bergman, Watts, drew or atley.
Ebert May be fine but wasn’t that good today anyway.

I would love to get a look at atley or drew before finals but unsure of team balance and fitting them into our midfield. Drew could easily play eberts half forward / mid role but it wouldn’t be his best position.

Westhoff only stays in to save lycett from burning out before finals.

Would be in Ebert's best interest to call the season

I think it would be in the Clubs best interest to show some compassion and common sense and make the call for him.

He's been a mighty warrior and has held the Ebert name to the high standards we all expect. He can be very proud of what he has achieved personally but something looks wrong with him and I'd say it's to do with the brain.

He's slow to react. The heart is still trying the brain isn't keeping up. That's never a good sign for anyone, especially someone that has a history of concussion.

He won't stop until he's told to stop.

In: Houston, Woodcock, Georgie

Give Mots more time off
One of Westy and Marshall will make way for Ladhams when he's back.

Marshall was rusty but he'll be fine. He's a better option than MG right now.

We'll have to make a decision between Ladhams, MG and Westy to partner Charlie and Todd. I was initially thinking Westy but it's got to be Ladhams so long as the club can get over his shenanigans.

Out*; Bonner, Sutcliffe
In; Houston, Woodcock
*assuming Ebo is ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would love to get a look at atley or drew before finals but unsure of team balance and fitting them into our midfield. Drew could easily play eberts half forward / mid role but it wouldn’t be his best position.
Atley & Drew are like the new Moore & Young the less you see of them the better they get.

*I do rate Drew but Atley not so much

Marshall was poor today. As was Burton. As has been just about every other player in the league who's been brought back from injury in this season of no ressies to get your match practice up before being thrown to the wolves at AFL level.

He's clearly in our best 22, he'll be better for the run, and he'll be in our side next week and rightly so.

Out: Bonner, Sutcliffe
In: Houston, Woodcock

Motlop can cut the oranges, if he feels like contributing with a team ethic

and wouldn't be upset with a Hayes for Westhoff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back