Changes for R16 v Norf

Remove this Banner Ad

Schoey has confirmed Ebert out. Sounds like Faz and Motlop in as well as Dan.
As much as I love Brad, I am concerned that continuing playing will leave him with permanent issues throughout his life 😒

I would prefer a Port team minus Motlop, he does nothing, lazy and soft footballer IMO.

If We are ranking teams Via a metric system of ranking, Port is 5th favourite but sitting top of the ladder. They should be ranked through the roof for over performance

If We are ranking teams Via a metric system of ranking, Port is 5th favourite but sitting top of the ladder. They should be ranked through the roof for over performance
Not sure if this is referring to my post, but in terms of variance, I'd say sitting on top of the ladder is much more to do with consistency/reliability than the elite performance required to win a flag. It's why Geelong is such a great H&A side, but a teams like the Bullflogs or Wet Toast have won flags more recently.

As an example using the scale I used before, to beat say Adelaide or Sydney, you don't need to play at 70 or 68, you just need to not play at a level <40 to win those games. It's about the gap between your best and worst rather than just how good your best is. We've made massive strides forward on this this year.

As much as Hoff annoys me, I do not understand why we would drop him for this game. Lycett looks proppy at best, that knee is not completely right and Marshall and Dixon are not great options as back up rucks. This just has the hallmarks of us losing tomorrow, no matter how putrid Nth. Melbourne currently are!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Westhoff is a liability, don't know how I feel about Ebert out due to form.

We're obviously going to try and play hard and fast.

I like it.

I see it as an audition on who gets a finals spot out of farrell and motlop.

Ladhams back next week and likely MG. No drama

We were too slow and top heavy up forward last week. So it's good to see Motlop and Farrell back in.

I'm surprised Westhoff was dropped with no back up for Lycett, that's a risk against Goldstein. Expect Ladhams back next week.

May as well ruck Sutcliffe, there's nothing Ken thinks he can't do.

We were too slow and top heavy up forward last week. So it's good to see Motlop and Farrell back in.

I'm surprised Westhoff was dropped with no back up for Lycett, that's a risk against Goldstein. Expect Ladhams back next week.

May as well ruck Sutcliffe, there's nothing Ken thinks he can't do.
The question is can Sutcliffe actually ruck?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back