Changes for R16 v Norf

Remove this Banner Ad

It took him much longer than usual but Ken as we know him is back. Goodbye structure that has served us so well this year. Hello to Cam Sutcliffe getting a game ahead of Hayes and Georgiades.

Do we really need a thousand mid sized pseudo forwards? One of Motlop, Farrell or Sutcliffe could easily have been left out for Westhoff so we have that extra height, especially in the event we lost Lycett, Dixon or Marshall early in the match. Just an unnecessary risk in an absolutely must win game.

North at $7 odds is tempting. I had (relative) trust in our 2020 side to perform up to the standard more often than not. We've just reverted back to our 2019 side though. The side that Norf walloped by 86 points.

We'll probably still win, if only because North are garbage. But I'm not as confident as I was half an hour ago.

It's great having small fowards, if you have tall ones to knock it down to them. Charlie is going to get gangbanged out of it again.
No he won’t. He’ll play ruck, get tired and break a leg. The selections are so disappointing and I agree it is so typical of Hinkley.

Well thats some confusing changes....

thought woodcock has done enough over sutcliff.
no back up ruckman? would have left westhoff in till next week when ladhams is back. Or given Hayes a shot
I wouldnt have rushed motlop back after one good game.

Ebert inj so im ok with farrell, but would have preferred woodcock

Houston for bonner is a no brainer.

Thought a more settled side would have been the go.

Out
Ebert (inj) Bonner Sutcliff

In
Houston Woodcock any of farrell mayes etc

Ken will use Dixon as the backup for Lycett. He did it in 2016 when Ryder was suspended and the odds are he will do it again.

That was 4 years ago. Dixon hasn't rucked all season. Marshall has gone into the ruck when Lycett has been the only recognised ruck and Westhoff has been out.

I dont love that Marshall is going to ruck.

He's done it a fair bit this season. I don't mind it because it gets him more involved in the game and he really struggled in that aspect last week.

Hoping that Ladhams comes back next week as a 3rd tall forward because I much prefer that setup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is MG still injured? Ladhams will come in now surely
Still port easy

North are trash

These changes are fine.

We’re still playing more “talls” than the dark days of Sam Gray as sole key forward.

If we can’t smash North off the park with this selected 22, we’ll have bigger problems than playing 1 less tall.

That was 4 years ago. Dixon hasn't rucked all season. Marshall has gone into the ruck when Lycett has been the only recognised ruck and Westhoff has been out.

He's done it a fair bit this season. I don't mind it because it gets him more involved in the game and he really struggled in that aspect last week.

Hoping that Ladhams comes back next week as a 3rd tall forward because I much prefer that setup.

Dixon actually has rucked in F50 ALL season. I expect that to continue this match with Marshall taking the centre square rucks when Lycett isn’t.... Although with huge breaks between goals and shortened quarters, it may just be Lycett all day.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well thats some confusing changes....

thought woodcock has done enough over sutcliff.
no back up ruckman? would have left westhoff in till next week when ladhams is back. Or given Hayes a shot
I wouldnt have rushed motlop back after one good game.

Ebert inj so im ok with farrell, but would have preferred woodcock

Houston for bonner is a no brainer.

Thought a more settled side would have been the go.

Out
Ebert (inj) Bonner Sutcliff

In
Houston Woodcock any of farrell mayes etc

Ken specifically answered Ebert is not injured but is down on form.

Disappointing. I thought the three tall structure has worked well this season.. hope Pete or Mitch will come back next week.

I don't know if I'm more disappointed about going in with one less tall, or the fact that we've hastily brought back in the two laziest players on our list (Farrell and Motlop).

On the positive side, Bonner out is a plus, and good to see that Ebert and Westhoff no longer have gold passes.

But s-h-i-r-l-e-y, we could have found room for Georgiades (if fit), Hayes or even Buzza, to replace Westhoff.

Dixon actually has rucked in F50 ALL season. I expect that to continue this match with Marshall taking the centre square rucks when Lycett isn’t.... Although with huge breaks between goals and shortened quarters, it may just be Lycett all day.

There's a huge difference between rucking in the forward 50 and being the ruck at centre bounce and around the ground. My point was rather that Dixon's role will remain the same as it has been all year.

There's a huge difference between rucking in the forward 50 and being the ruck at centre bounce and around the ground. My point was rather that Dixon's role will remain the same as it has been all year.

Agreed. I was being a little pedantic.

Interestingly Dixon only has two less hit outs than Westhoff for the season (0.4 less per game). I assume Dixon would have grabbed the ball out of the ruck a few times too.

Ladhams back next week makes the balance look much better. I think Hoff will only play again / in finals if there is an injury or two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back