Changes for R2

Remove this Banner Ad

Did Bergman play SANFL last week?

If Aliir and McKenzie are done, Burton, Jonas and Skinner should act as our key backs. Burton is tall enough, has had success in the past and we have depth in back flanker roles.

Duursma out could be replaced by Sinn, but Dumont would have to come into calculations.

I get the horrible feeling Rozee has flared up a foot issue again. Motlop the obvious replacement there.

R Gray will be interesting, need to see if he's fit. Been so anonymous as of late a straight Dixon replacement could work.

IN: Dixon, Sinn, Motlop, Skinner, Bergman/Frederick
OUT: Gray, Duursma, Rozee, Aliir, McKenzie

Last edited:

Let's rush all the blokes who had surgery back so they can cop another injury or year long niggle limiting their output.

Work hardery not smartery.
No point them coming back at all if we are out of contention because we've lost the first 5.

A balancing act!

I’m really not sure about Duursma as best 22. His strength is his running capacity but if Houston and Amon are #1 wing choices and if Sinn proves to be as damaging as he looks to be once he gets up to speed, where does that leave Xavier?

Fighting it out with Bergman as a depth hard runner?
There was a moment in the last where we needed Duursma, they were easily moving the ball up the wing.

He might not get it, but he would have harrassed and made them accountable!

Skinner in for Alliir.
Hawks don't have many talls, just lots of runners.

Maybe Frederick and Sinn could come in if Duursma or Gray don't come up in time?

If McKenzie is out I would put Finlayson in defence, Marshall as back up ruck, and bring another small in for balance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think getting more games into Frederick is worthwhile.
He's been quality in the last 2 SANFL trial games. If Duursma doesn't play, Frederick should be considered.

Did Bergman play SANFL last week?
No not yet, should almost certainly be playing SANFL this or next week.

I have a bad feeling we will try to play a few of our injured through their injuries

I'd be thinking both McKenzie and Duursma line up if they can get though training on Thursday. Duursma I don't mind if nothing is broken. McKenzie will want to play and if there's no structural damage just a bit of bruising he's probably better than plan B.

I’m really not sure about Duursma as best 22. His strength is his running capacity but if Houston and Amon are #1 wing choices and if Sinn proves to be as damaging as he looks to be once he gets up to speed, where does that leave Xavier?

Fighting it out with Bergman as a depth hard runner?

I’ve still got his ceiling as Isaac Smith and his floor as Will Hoskin-Elliot. With the way modern footy is these days, you’d find a spot for either and anything in-between 🤞

Time for 3 newbys, sinn skinner and Hayes. Allir, Mckenzie Gray out injured. We keep trying to play Gray when only 80 percent fit. Coming of hammy , now with corky\knee. Skinner , Finaylson back. Lycett to start out of square. Start Hayes in guts. Luv to get Mayes into forward area for some hardness. Could work with SPP to get some forward grunt.
Time to mix it up a bit, sick of same formula.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back