Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Out: Jonas
In: Clurey

Our defence has been average for weeks now and Jonas's form is the elephant in the room. Something needs to change.

SPP would be on notice for me, the most obvious candidate to lose his spot when Motlop and/or Gray return. Just not doing enough.

I also wouldn't be against DBJ coming out for Hartlett.

Jonts

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Flagstaff Hill FC, Tottenham
It's a showdown
If Gray is fit he is in

Out SPP, Jonas

In
Cluzza, Gray

Feel like the best set up is 3 talls + Lycett but whilst they're all kicking goals it's hard to change

SPP as sub

Last edited:

Willsy10

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
SPP has to go, literally has done bugger all for the entire season.

Jonas and Allir both need to lift massively. I would say Allir is closer to droppable, he has barely fired a shot for weeks and I get the same feeling I used to get with pittard when he gets the ball In his hands. A highly rated player that I struggle to see what others see in him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Duckimus Prime

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If Toby Green kicked straight tonight - Jonas would have cost us 4 points again!
If Toby Greene had kicked straight, they would've had 20 more points than they did. We still win.

And thats without thinking about the time where Greene kicked 1.2 from three repeat entries off the kick in. Reality is kicking straight actually results in that being 1 goal, with reset in the middle. Not three goals.

Jul 6, 2002
Go Power
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
SPP has to go, literally has done bugger all for the entire season.

Jonas and Allir both need to lift massively. I would say Allir is closer to droppable, he has barely fired a shot for weeks and I get the same feeling I used to get with pittard when he gets the ball In his hands. A highly rated player that I struggle to see what others see in him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I am disappointed with Alir after first 5/6 rounds and been a harsh critic but he held Himmelberg well tonight.
I think he had more of it than Himmelberg, Alir needs good defenders around him and playbhis attacking/intercept game.

Totally agree with Jonas for Clurey, we have so many holes in our defence and TJ stands out.

Coughed up goals from DBJ and Houston tonight, I cut Houston slack but DBJ is so laconic, lazy and unaccountable. Polar opposite of last year, I get frustrated with Bonner but I’d take Bonner over him going into finals.

DBJ is Ken’s boy but not even Ken can cover for him anymore.

Chokito

Club Legend
Aug 28, 2014
Perth WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats
Burton and TG inaccuracy saved Jonas tonight. Rob still 2 weeks away.
DBJ needs a kick up the backside.

OUT: DBJ, Woodcock
IN: any of Lienert, Hartlett and Clurey, with one of the final two to be sub.

davesnothere

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If Robbie is fit I'd find a spot for him.
Outside of that no changes. Marvel can be a s**t of a ground to defend on I wouldn't be bagging Aliir or Jonas.

PowerBaz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Seeing as we make it look so hard it surprised me to see more goals from more people as opposed to last year.

R Gray is all we need back come finals.

Trouble is he will be underdone.

86F2B872-87B5-4FCD-82AE-00B77EC52B60.jpeg
F8738234-6030-426C-BA4C-D380814B79BD.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If Toby Greene had kicked straight, they would've had 20 more points than they did. We still win.

And thats without thinking about the time where Greene kicked 1.2 from three repeat entries off the kick in. Reality is kicking straight actually results in that being 1 goal, with reset in the middle. Not three goals.

this is true but then they were beating us in the centre, and if Greene had kicked those they gain momentum when the game was in the balance so there’s a strong argument that if he had kicked those that they would have gone on with it.

but luckily they didn’t and we got the points.

jac147

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Why can’t the captain miss the next game and have his non-appearance described as “managed”. I’m sure that fatigue is his problem currently. A fresh Clurey will make a huge difference to that backline. The problem will be the next game when a decision will have to be made about TJ!
Please no further speculation about Hartlett as he’s finished!

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
This list might be a week old as it comes from the Club website but anyway...

1627857372652.png

If the official list is reasonably accurate, Robbie Gray looks unlikely before the end of the minor round as does Motlop.

AFC AFeederClub

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
we need the next 2 weeks to get more cohesion into the side leading upto finals. Once we start to gel a bit we could be ok for finals but then we still have that Ken bloke so its really a moot point

PAFC04

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Anything in Black'n'White
Why can’t the captain miss the next game and have his non-appearance described as “managed”. I’m sure that fatigue is his problem currently. A fresh Clurey will make a huge difference to that backline. The problem will be the next game when a decision will have to be made about TJ!
Please no further speculation about Hartlett as he’s finished!

I would add Dixon and any other player needing a rest this week.

I would also concentrate to get Gray fit to play in the finals only....

Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Think Curey fits in our best 22 come finals but not sure at whose expense. Don’t think Jonas will be dropped but he’s the obvious choice. This will free up Aliir more to be that interceptor. Aliir played much better when Clurey was in the team early in the year and I don’t think it’s just a coincidence his form has dipped since we lost Clurey.

Come finals and up against Melbourne, Geelong, Lions and the Dogs, they all have multiple tall forwards. Think we need to sure that up or we’ll get caught out come finals once again. We can’t just hope Hawkins kicks 5 or 6 behinds again like last year.

SPP just has to be gone from the team. Offered beyond nothing all season and just doesn’t look to have his head in the game. Doesn’t have a role and doesn’t fit in the team anywhere. I’d swap him for Woodcock for a couple weeks before Robbie is back. Gives the team a couple weeks to build on a cohesive lineup with a similar role player.

SPP for Woodcock
Someone for Clurey

davesnothere

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I would add Dixon and any other player needing a rest this week.

I would also concentrate to get Gray fit to play in the finals only....

If we are locked into the top 4 final game of the minor round there's a real good opportunity to test our depth with a number of players. We do need to be locked in first. The Crows should boost our percentage all hands on deck.

PowerBaz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Clurey was almost BOG last time we played the Crows. Is the best Walker matchup.

Jonas was putrid again. The end is near for him. He is in the early 2021 Hartlett zone - where the end has come very quickly.

You can't imagine they make too many changes - somehow I can see Ken dropping McKenzie for Clurey not wanting to drop the captain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back