Preview Changes for R22 v Melbourne

Dec 19, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
soccer rugby union and le
Keep in mind its a home game.Venners,Rioli and Ryan get to show their wares in front of 50 0000 screaming arrogant fans.Class likes the big occasion.Remember too,that all those fans will probably be a lot quieter this week as they will be spending the majority of their time looking anxiously at their mobile screens in case they miss a replay of something!

The wily weagle

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
I think Waterman for Venebles is the only change i would be looking to make

Venebles has a lot of potential, but he is simply not finding enough of the ball atm to be effective

Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Sorry, this burns the eyes a bit when taken out of excel

211.JPG

WesCoSeagulls

Rookie
Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Out- Duggan
In- Oscar Allen( loved his game down back for us)

Allen for exposure
Gov swings forward
Duggan been a bit of a hack lately
Waterman too dodgy at set shots

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Out- Duggan
In- Oscar Allen( loved his game down back for us)

Allen for exposure
Gov swings forward
Duggan been a bit of a hack lately
Waterman too dodgy at set shots

We're at the wrong end of the season for "exposure". If we're bringing kids in to replace Best 22 players, it has to be either because of injuries or because the kids are killing it at WAFL level while their equivalent is spudding it up in the main side.

In: Waterman for structural reasons
Out: Venners because he cant find the pill

DickDunn

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I think our biggest problem is the lack of a foil for Darling. The last few weeks he has been repeatedly double teamed, triple teamed, scragged, checked, chopped, blocked and no amount of throwing his head back is convincing the umps to give him a free (we are all aware of his "boy who cried wolf" problems with the umps). I don't know what the answer is (basically, wait for JK to come back), but Simmo & Co might try something different like bringing in Waterman for Venables and playing Vardy out of the F50.

This is a really good point. As much as I like Venables’ forward pressure, he’s not offering much as a target and we already have Ryan and Rioli offering a fair bit in that department. Waterman’s aerial strength should also help to keep Hibberd accountable. Assuming Vardy gets up I’d go Waterman for Venables as the only change.

I re-watched the second half of the Port game today and Clurey did a very good job shutting down Darling. Underrated player

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
did I read somewhere Ainsworth had 39 touches?? what if he racks up 45 this week in wafl. :) sheed should get worried.
Not really. Dom is worked back into some decent touch last week and with finals coming and no Gaff, they would rather get him into consistent form than bringing in an inexperienced kid.

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
After a 7 goal haul, imagine Waterman will return to help Darling get loose..
The last 2 games have been close with Demons, lost last one.
But this is a different Eagles team since then.
Demons are an attacking side with a defence that concedes a lot,
and have some key outs...
Melbourne will throw the kitchen sink at us to stay in the eight.
A huge last home game at Optus, big crowd, sunny day, 24c.
Should be a blaster of a game...
WCE by....?
(no injuries please)

WCE Wizard

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Yes but our defence can cover Tom McDonald and co. The midfield battle will be key. We need to switch the ball get the uncontested marks going use the width and spread them out. They love to play quick and fast
After a 7 goal haul, imagine Waterman will return to help Darling get loose..
The last 2 games have been close with Demons, lost last one.
But this is a different Eagles team since then.
Demons are an attacking side with a defence that concedes a lot,
and have some key outs...
Melbourne will throw the kitchen sink at us to stay in the eight.
A huge last home game at Optus, big crowd, sunny day, 24c.
Should be a blaster of a game...
WCE by....?
(no injuries please)

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
Yes but our defence can cover Tom McDonald and co. The midfield battle will be key. We need to switch the ball get the uncontested marks going use the width and spread them out. They love to play quick and fast
If we’re allowed to play our kicking game they won’t stop us. Spread them out and they won’t be able to get massive numbers to stoppages (if there’s many at all). Both game styles are the weakness of the other so if we can breakeven or take a small hit in contested possession it’ll be hard to lose.

Predicting this afternoon's announcement

In: Waterman, Ainsworth, O.Allen, Nelson
Out: None yet

B: Sheppard, Barrass, Hurn
HB: Jetta, McGovern, Cole
C: Cripps, Shuey, Masten
HF: LeCras, Darling, Hutchings
F: Ryan, Vardy, Rioli
R: Lycett, Yeo, Redden
I: Duggan, Ah Chee, Sheed, Waterman, Venables, Ainsworth, O.Allen, Nelson

Waterman to replace Venables as the only change. Venables to remain on standby (been a while since he's had a week off), last three guys to stay at East Perth.

Would've been nice for Brayshaw to come into the squad but it's a bit gimmicky for us, and he's probably better off being left to build on last week's game.

china eagle

Senior List
May 8, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Has anyone seen any training report since Mondays recovery session? Jetts was absent from that, I'm interested to know if he trained at the next session.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Predicting this afternoon's announcement

In: Waterman, Ainsworth, O.Allen, Nelson
Out: None yet

B: Sheppard, Barrass, Hurn
HB: Jetta, McGovern, Cole
C: Cripps, Shuey, Masten
HF: LeCras, Darling, Hutchings
F: Ryan, Vardy, Rioli
R: Lycett, Yeo, Redden
I: Duggan, Ah Chee, Sheed, Waterman, Venables, Ainsworth, O.Allen, Nelson

Waterman to replace Venables as the only change. Venables to remain on standby (been a while since he's had a week off), last three guys to stay at East Perth.

Would've been nice for Brayshaw to come into the squad but it's a bit gimmicky for us, and he's probably better off being left to build on last week's game.

Yeah but why would we show that many ins and no omissions? Makes no sense. Why not just list the team!? :oops:

Yeah but why would we show that many ins and no omissions? Makes no sense. Why not just list the team!? :oops:

Because teams that play on Sunday name eight-man extended benches on Thursday then trim them on Friday. It's just the way it is.

Back