Preview Changes for R22 v Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was re-watching the 1st qtr of Port game to see why they were held almost scoreless..and at one point AhChee unleashed his power handball, metres gained...hope to see more of that.

Venables has to go - we've been carrying him all year for very little return. Can't take him into finals.

Waterman has to come in go him. We've missed that link player who pushes up the ground to take marks etc. since Darling is playing closer to goal. Waterman plays the role well and should stay in the side for the rest of the year IMO. Has been super impressive in only his second year.

Waterman would be pretty stiff to miss out this week given his return on the weekend.

DV seems to be highly regarded for his pressure off the ball and the quality when he does get it. He’s got a lovely kick actually and does look to hit the aggressive option. I’m a big fan of his, really can’t wait until he has the fitness to build a midfielders tank as I think he will be a gun. However, a week or two at EP won’t hurt his development. Maybe even a rest- he did seem tired last week.

So I would be going.

In: Waterman
Out: DV

Having said that, if we decided no changes I’m ok with that too. Think Ah Chee spends more time rotating through the midfield- the dees do like the contest.

I would stick Yeo on Oliver, and tell Yeo to run off him and hurt him the other way. Oliver’s very good in close, not so proficient when it comes to defending outside the contest.

Last edited:
Isn't Nelson playing wing for EP. Makes sense why he is selected.
He has the speed and tank to do so and is quite adequate above his head.

Assuming JK comes back - who would go out?

Probably DV

As such I could see waterman coming in to offer additional marking support

And then cop the lemon and sars when jk returns
We all thought that he’d be the one earlier in the year- but he played well enough to hold his spot.

Don’t see any reason why that wouldn’t apply now- Think we look more dangerous with him as the 3rd tall behind JK & JD - we don’t lose defensively with him either.

We all thought that he’d be the one earlier in the year- but he played well enough to hold his spot.

Don’t see any reason why that wouldn’t apply now- Think we look more dangerous with him as the 3rd tall behind JK & JD - we don’t lose defensively with him either.

The only issue is it makes us too tall with Vardy, JK and JD up front

It worked with Naitanui.. because Naitanui

So unless Jake or Ah Chee are going to ruck - and Vardy gets dropped (actually wish we had tried this) - then I think the balance is completely thrown

We need ground ball, dirty goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back