Preview Changes for R22 v Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

The only issue is it makes us too tall with Vardy, JK and JD up front

It worked with Naitanui.. because Naitanui

So unless Jake or Ah Chee are going to ruck - and Vardy gets dropped (actually wish we had tried this) - then I think the balance is completely thrown

We need ground ball, dirty goals
That is a fair point- most of those games were with NN earlier in the year.

Ah Chee in the ruck is an interesting idea- I would say he would do a better job with his leap than Grigg. He also wants to play more inside- if he halves the ruck contest he would give us an additional mid on the ground.

As for the dirty goals, I think we start to see them again when JK comes back. He changes the dynamics completely- all the leading patterns and how we work together as a group to create space & split defenders. It should allow for the smalls in Ryan, Rioli, Cripps, lecca chances to score.

Ryan didn’t capitalise on it last week, but I was more impressed by his tackles and work rate to defend than his big mark. It gives me confidence that we can take that to the next level when our lynchpin comes back.

Watching the Demons miss the finals (even though they are the AFL's high scoring team) is probably the most interesting thing left in the season for Crows supporters. Do us a favour and smash the daylights out of these flog's please!

Thanks in advance! And good luck with finals!

That is a fair point- most of those games were with NN earlier in the year.

Ah Chee in the ruck is an interesting idea- I would say he would do a better job with his leap than Grigg. He also wants to play more inside- if he halves the ruck contest he would give us an additional mid on the ground.

As for the dirty goals, I think we start to see them again when JK comes back. He changes the dynamics completely- all the leading patterns and how we work together as a group to create space & split defenders. It should allow for the smalls in Ryan, Rioli, Cripps, lecca chances to score.

Ryan didn’t capitalise on it last week, but I was more impressed by his tackles and work rate to defend than his big mark. It gives me confidence that we can take that to the next level when our lynchpin comes back.

I only mention ah chee - because I believe he was doing it in the WAFL

Looked at the games last year

Melb won 50% of games when Hogan played (n = 10)
Melb won 58% of games when Hogan didn't play (n = 12)
Melb won 70% of games when Hogan didn't play but Pedersen played (n = 7)

Edit: added in sample sizes

Last edited:

Melb won 50% of games when Hogan played.
Melb won 58% of games when Hogan didn't play.
Melb won 70% of games when Hogan didn't play but Pedersen played.
Viney is the one who worried me

Do the same for Viney.

I'll wait.

Melb won 50% of games when Hogan played.
Melb won 58% of games when Hogan didn't play.
Melb won 70% of games when Hogan didn't play but Pedersen played.
West Coast have a 75% win record with Kurt Mutimer in the team.

Mutimer>Pederson with no Hogan

They've won:
57% of matches this year when Viney has played.
62% of matches this year when Viney has been injured.

Last year 10-8 (55.5%) with Viney, 2-2 (50%) without.

This year 4-3 (57.1%) with him, 8-5 (61.5%) without.

tenor.gif

The only issue is it makes us too tall with Vardy, JK and JD up front

It worked with Naitanui.. because Naitanui

So unless Jake or Ah Chee are going to ruck - and Vardy gets dropped (actually wish we had tried this) - then I think the balance is completely thrown

We need ground ball, dirty goals
We need dirty girls!!

Hutchings will go to Oliver.Man the Vics are geeing up Melbourne.They are coming to play bigtime.I hope like hell we dont do our "ho hum dawdle" start or we will get screwed.

Watching the Demons miss the finals (even though they are the AFL's high scoring team) is probably the most interesting thing left in the season for Crows supporters. Do us a favour and smash the daylights out of these flog's please!

Would honestly love to return the favour you guys did us last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 cracks (and Fails) from your mob this year wasn't enough?
Flog

Hutchings will go to Oliver.Man the Vics are geeing up Melbourne.They are coming to play bigtime.I hope like hell we dont do our "ho hum dawdle" start or we will get screwed.

Yep all the vic centric media are putting the heat on the dees to do us over - to be expected as it helps their victorian view of the world.
I hope we do 'em by 5 or 6 goals.

How's that an insult?
You'll be staying in whatever sh*thole you part own near West Horsham too so.. same to you?
Sorry West Coast fans, I didn’t come here to argue on your board with a Demons flog whose obviously terrified that his club will be the first club in AFL history to be the highest scoring team and still miss the finals.

I mean I get it, that shits embarrassing, I’d probably be throwing hissy fits on opposition boards too if I was in his position....

I’ll leave you all too it, and good luck for the game and finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back