Prediction Changes for R3 VS Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd prefer Campbell to Jong. But it's hard to argue with structure thus far.

5 years in the system !!!!

How much time does he need and why does he get more time than other blokes?? Why does he get more time coz he come from further back only starting footy late?

I have my opinion why and I'm not going to put it here coz I know I will get abused and called various names.

He has had more than enough time and we arnt running a charity it's time he fixes his deficiencies or gets cut its not funny anymore the amount of chances this bloke gets and the excuses thrown out when he goes crap are laughable.

He has only played 23 games out of a possible 91 BECAUSE HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Read that again 23 out of 91!!!

By the end of the year it will probably be 28ish out of 135ish and still the "lets give him time" blah blah will continue.

We are a competitive finals team now no more bloody experiments he ain't good enough.

I'm sure if we win on the weekend I will cop it and if he gets a few touches everyone will ignore his constant errors when he does one good thing. WE will never make a GF with this bloke in the team and I'd bet my life on that.

Anyway THIS is my last rant on him and I know I said that before but that's it I'm done he has broken my spirit.

This is a very strange way to not give your opinion.

I'll refrain from calling you names on this occasion, unlike you I have a degree of restraint.

Not sure about this. In fact his best performances in the VFL grand final and the final last year were when he was in the middle. I'd go so far as to say that when he is the main man in big games he seems to lift. It's when he is given a less important role that he seems to become a bit undecided. When he lacks confidence he gets sidelined or is it that when he gets sidelined he begins to lack confidence. I think he need to be in the thick of it and to feel that he is having an influence.
I also don't think his disposal under pressure is bad either - he's often one to get the ball out from extreme pressure. His disposal in space is generally good. I actually think his problem is more his disposal when he's almost under pressure. He dishes off to someone in no better (or worse) position when really he had an extra second he could of used or just taken it on himself. And I reckon that is confidence related as much as anything and wouldn't be surprised if the message from Bevo to Jong will be take them on and don't worry about errors or getting caught (the opposite of what some on hear suggest).

5 years in the system !!!!

How much time does he need and why does he get more time than other blokes?? Why does he get more time coz he come from further back only starting footy late?

I have my opinion why and I'm not going to put it here coz I know I will get abused and called various names.

He has had more than enough time and we arnt running a charity it's time he fixes his deficiencies or gets cut its not funny anymore the amount of chances this bloke gets and the excuses thrown out when he goes crap are laughable.

He has only played 23 games out of a possible 91 BECAUSE HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Read that again 23 out of 91!!!

By the end of the year it will probably be 28ish out of 135ish and still the "lets give him time" blah blah will continue.

We are a competitive finals team now no more bloody experiments he ain't good enough.

I'm sure if we win on the weekend I will cop it and if he gets a few touches everyone will ignore his constant errors when he does one good thing. WE will never make a GF with this bloke in the team and I'd bet my life on that.

Anyway THIS is my last rant on him and I know I said that before but that's it I'm done he has broken my spirit.

That's a lot of games to go between now and the end of the year!!

Has anyone else noticed a lot of excuses coming out during the week? And not from us?
Nor should there be. We have the full arsenal to choose from. I dont think theyll get close to us to be honest. This mob we have are something else. Just listening to the bont on SEN the other night....... boy oh boy wowee.

Nor should there be. We have the full arsenal to choose from. I dont think theyll get close to us to be honest. This mob we have are something else. Just listening to the bont on SEN the other night....... boy oh boy wowee.

Other than our second and third best forwards not playing????

I agree we shouldn't be making excuses, and we aren't. But I'm surprised at the amount of excuses that the media and opposition fans are making before the game has even started.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously don't like all this hype about us. We are not perfect nor the finished product. Even if we lose narrowly you would have to be happy as we are going to be better than them soon enough. Hopefully the players don't read the press

I'm ecstatic about all the positive press and hype, far better than the alternative. Truth is if we ever play a grand final there is going to be huge hype about us, so at least at worst at the moment we are getting used to it. At worst it gives us a chance to learn.

Not sure about this. In fact his best performances in the VFL grand final and the final last year were when he was in the middle. I'd go so far as to say that when he is the main man in big games he seems to lift. It's when he is given a less important role that he seems to become a bit undecided. When he lacks confidence he gets sidelined or is it that when he gets sidelined he begins to lack confidence. I think he need to be in the thick of it and to feel that he is having an influence.

Yes, your right on that, but we have too many better mids so he will never get that role.

Clarko is up for it, singing our praises for most of his press conference. And so he should given we've won 3 flags in....oh wait, that's not us.
I think that shows he's got a lot of respect for bevo and your quality side, he an angry little prick so take it as a compliment, to me it also says we will be on point and expect a hard aggressive hawthorn on Sunday.

I think that shows he's got a lot of respect for bevo and your quality side, he an angry little prick so take it as a compliment, to me it also says we will be on point and expect a hard aggressive hawthorn on Sunday.
No doubt, you can tell he is up for it, as I'm sure Bevo will be. Will be an intriguing coaching battle for sure.

Reading ours and Hawks board, I am not sure their supporters have seen us play much more than highlights packages.
Their only hope is to make this game a biff fest and congest the life out of it.
Tigers beat Hawks by keeping the ball and pressuring them. Port beat Hawks by speed and pressure. They will see both on Sunday.
Can we handle the physical off the ball stuff, will be the biggest question.

Big game for both sides.

Hawks have a chance to beat the team receiving the most hype this season, the round after easily accounting for the team they belted in the ground final. This is a chance for them just to really remind everyone what they're capable of, and to get the confidence to really high levels. We're the talk of the town at the moment, and they probably see themselves as the ones that have to give us a 'reality check'. I'd expect them to really come out firing.

Similarly for us, beating the Hawks, even if they're missing a few important guys, would be huuuuuuge for our confidence. It'd probably give the team extra motivation to go out there and make this season a special one. Self-belief is important, and the winner of this game will walk away with a lot of it. Of course there's a difference between playing them at etihad in round 3 without Hodge/Roughie etc and playing a full strength Hawthorn at the MCG in a final...But you worry about that when the time comes. Beating Hawthorn is an accomplishment regardless of if they're missing guys.

One thing's for sure, it'll be tougher than either of our other matches. Interesting to see how the team responds to a really tough, aggressive and well drilled outfit.

Playing the best team in the Comp that kill you on turnovers and we bring in the King of turnovers.

Im not gonna say anything other than this post but I'm absolutely disgusted and have us going from a chance to no chance in hell.

Worst selection decision I've seen in years.
Jong is an absolute SPUD
You lied....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back