Changes for Rd 10 vs Tankthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all. How has Josh Rotham been playing?

Is he likely to stay in the senior side this year?
Don't mistake his place in the team for talent though.

He's a moderate squib with no physicality. Would probably be okay as a loose medium defender in a half decent side but without it he struggles. Not a lead by example type put it that way

Last edited:

Everything's fine guys.
This Is Fine GIF

tank GIF

He's a moderate squib with no physicality. Would probably be okay as a loose medium defender in a half decent side but without it he struggles. Not a lead by example type put it that way
Not sure about the squib part - feel like he's put his body on the line a few times this season. Did it during the Crows preseason game going at the footy and he got shitmixed, broke his arm as a result.

Do agree though that his physicality is often lacking, especially defending one on one. Plays best when he can use his height and strength against a small opponent but he really struggles against the taller guys (ie Curnow)

I think he's a talented player (he's probably one of the best kicks on our list) but feel like a lot of his issues lie between the ears.

Not sure about the squib part - feel like he's put his body on the line a few times this season. Did it during the Crows preseason game going at the footy and he got shitmixed, broke his arm as a result.

Do agree though that his physicality is often lacking, especially defending one on one. Plays best when he can use his height and strength against a small opponent but he really struggles against the taller guys (ie Curnow)

I think he's a talented player (he's probably one of the best kicks on our list) but feel like a lot of his issues lie between the ears.
Maybe I'm unfairly mixing the two, maybe not. The Crows comment is a fair one.

As Phil said in one of his wisdom drops, basically, you can't teach that split second decision making under pressure in elite sport. You either have that aptitude or you don't.

I'm sure I've done his explanation dirty, but that was the gist.

Fair to say old mate JB doesn't have it.

Dont you hate it when a players mother logs in to comment. You just described 80% of our list mam.

Dont you hate it when a players mother logs in to comment. You just described 80% of our list mam.
If my mum called me a squib I'd be a bit worried - do you have mummy issues, Ziad?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does that mean Jack Williams flew as well?
Yeah trying to get my head around this.

Pretty sure Simmo said in his presser today we were taking the whole squad of 26 plus one more - guess Harry Barnett would be the extra.

Would leave us with three guys left in Perth - Dewar, Baker and JWilliams. So 30 fit players prior to the Barrass stuff.

But now Barrass didn’t travel so I guess Jack Williams also flew over?

Paddy reckons we have 27 fit players - maybe he’s not including Dewar and Baker? Or maybe they’re both sick.

I guess it doesn’t really matter, just rambling at this point

tank crossing GIF

Making our way to Tassie️‍

The funny part is those that think we are tanking.. we weren’t going to win this game at the start of the year injuries, tanking or anything else involved….

As SEN said tonight this game isn’t the Harley Reid cup, that’s the next time we play north as clearly the two worst sides in the comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back