Changes for Rd 10 vs Tankthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you lot have the nerve, the absolute nerve to still go with this thread title?
If it makes you feel any better, OP is a noted troll even on our own board.

HOWEVER when you have ~2000 AFL games worth of injuries on an already bottom 4 list, you're not tanking you're just shithouse.

Hawthorn have made some... bold list decisions.

I am happy to call this the Tank Trophy though

And you lot have the nerve, the absolute nerve to still go with this thread title?
blood splatter shoot self GIF by South Park

Except this is us, while you guys are celebrating

Last edited:
If it makes you feel any better, OP is a noted troll even on our own board.

HOWEVER when you have ~2000 AFL games worth of injuries on an already bottom 4 list, you're not tanking you're just shithouse.

Hawthorn have made some... bold list decisions.

I am happy to call this the Tank Trophy though
News flash Eagles, you've got an injury crisis across your whole list. That was mid-2020. Three years on, that excuse is just pitiful.

Hawthorn made bold list decisions alright, coaching decisions too, and we're going to absolutely whip the pants off you this Sunday as a result - Barrass or no Barrass.

blood splatter shoot self GIF by South Park

Except this is us, while you guys are celebrating
Any of our supporters deluded enough to think we've a snowball's chance in hell of out-losing you, or the Arden-street-wooden-spoon-machine will have their hopes snuffed out soon enough.

News flash Eagles, you've got an injury crisis across your whole list. That was mid-2020. Three years on, that excuse is just pitiful.

Hawthorn made bold list decisions alright, coaching decisions too, and we're going to absolutely whip the pants off you this Sunday as a result - Barrass or no Barrass.
You're not gonna get too many arguments here, my brother in tank.

Any of our supporters deluded enough to think we've a snowball's chance in hell of out-losing you, or the Arden-street-wooden-spoon-machine will have their hopes snuffed out soon enough.
I do love a good old bottom team pants-whipping - you saviour every moment of this monumental event and celebrate until you puke! You deserve it with your bold list and coaching decisions...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait, not sure what you're saying here?

Are you saying we decided to forgoe a spot in the top 6 to start tanking since the bye in 2020 and have been ever since?
No, apparently Hawks are the only ones capable of tanking, or rebuilding, or whatever you want to call it.

I'm asking how a club could sit on one problem for so long? articles from 2020, 2021, 2022 and this year about the Eagles injury 'crisis'. 1 year is bad luck, 2 years is really rotten luck, beyond that it's just incompetence. You can't still be sitting around waiting for McGovern, Nic Nat, Yeo and Shuey. That's what it says in the 2020 article.

No, apparently Hawks are the only ones capable of tanking, or rebuilding, or whatever you want to call it.

I'm asking how a club could sit on one problem for so long? articles from 2020, 2021, 2022 and this year about the Eagles injury 'crisis'. 1 year is bad luck, 2 years is really rotten luck, beyond that it's just incompetence. You can't still be sitting around waiting for McGovern, Nic Nat, Yeo and Shuey. That's what it says in the 2020 article.
I don't think you'll get many arguments from us on here about this.

Simmo and Nisbett have been going around ripping our players hamstrings straight off the bone like they're a bunch of slow cooked bits of brisket.

images (27).jpeg

I'm asking how a club could sit on one problem for so long? articles from 2020, 2021, 2022 and this year about the Eagles injury 'crisis'. 1 year is bad luck, 2 years is really rotten luck, beyond that it's just incompetence. You can't still be sitting around waiting for McGovern, Nic Nat, Yeo and Shuey. That's what it says in the 2020 ararticle.
Yeo, Shuey , McGovern , Nic Nat . 2020 . Was Nic Nat AA that year , statistically the best player in Afl rankings despite limited ground playing minutes . Was Shuey statistically the best Norm Smith Medallist ever a couple years earlier . Was McGovern the best intercept marker year after year plus regular AA .
Yeo a midfield beast AA etc. But what if they just got on top of their injuries then this hindsight wisdom would be so much different. You cannot tell the future and if everyone's carreer was washed up at 27-30 then Geelong wouldn't be last years premiers

Can’t see much logic in the Chesser for Clark change, unless the match committee thinks Chesser needs a full game this week as opposed to another week on limited minutes.

Thought Clark actually had one of his better games last week.
I just don't get tit...Played out of natural position, looked to be improving and they're like nah you can bugger off now.
It's really weird. Maybe Simmos missus loves him or something.

I just don't get tit...Played out of natural position, looked to be improving and they're like nah you can bugger off now.
It's really weird. Maybe Simmos missus loves him or something.
Clarks game was pretty average. Played almost the whole thing for 13 disposals and 4 turnovers. He had more time on ground than Gaff and about 20 minutes more than his competition XON and West. At the ground he looks below the level. He's no great loss.

Clarks game was pretty average. Played almost the whole thing for 13 disposals and 4 turnovers. He had more time on ground than Gaff and about 20 minutes more than his competition XON and West. At the ground he looks below the level. He's no great loss.

He’s playing that sacrificial wing role. Running more than anyone else on the ground and getting about 12 touches a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back