Changes for Rd 10 vs Tankthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
News flash Eagles, you've got an injury crisis across your whole list. That was mid-2020. Three years on, that excuse is just pitiful.

Hawthorn made bold list decisions alright, coaching decisions too, and we're going to absolutely whip the pants off you this Sunday as a result - Barrass or no Barrass.

Any of our supporters deluded enough to think we've a snowball's chance in hell of out-losing you, or the Arden-street-wooden-spoon-machine will have their hopes snuffed out soon enough.

Go for it!! Just don’t injure our kids

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If it makes you feel any better, OP is a noted troll even on our own board.

HOWEVER when you have ~2000 AFL games worth of injuries on an already bottom 4 list, you're not tanking you're just shithouse.

Hawthorn have made some... bold list decisions.

I am happy to call this the Tank Trophy though

"OP is a troll but I still think you're tanking" :)

Dont buy into this bullshit, we should be brothers in arms refuting this tanking bullshit. Dont be lazy like Barratt, the 'bold' list decisions Im sure you are referring to was turning the 18th best midfield in the comp into one of the best, statistically. Our problem is not the midfield, its everywhere else!

With respect, this Eagles 2nd team is a real chance for a rare win for us and they should do just that. A chance to get some good performance and some real confidence into our young team. A chance for these players to see some structures working in practice. Invaluable.

I have no doubt that both of these teams will finish above North this year anyway.

Good luck.

I think we need to finally give some credit to Simmo....

Rather than out and out tanking like the Hawks, we have been sneakily tanking since the end of 2018 with so much subtlety that we never really noticed.

It all adds up:
  1. Giving away multiple draft picks for Kelly (I know I know, just follow the thread);
  2. Telling Sam Mitchell that Simmo has the top job until 2035;
  3. Telling Willie that the odd choof is fine and that Gatorade tastes like piss;
  4. Over paying on long term contracts;
  5. Giving long term contracts to pensioners;
  6. Picking up Greg Clarke to play an outside wherever role;
  7. Playing OA as a ruckman;
  8. Playing Gaff fullstop;
  9. Picking up some bloke working at Charcoal Chicken in country Victoria (okay that backfired);
  10. Engaging Gwyneth Paltrow as our health and fitness advisor;
  11. Letting some of the boys use Paltrow's Jade Egg product and her candles, Rotham loves them;
  12. Spamming NN's email daily with:
1684547547465.png 1684547547465.png

No, apparently Hawks are the only ones capable of tanking, or rebuilding, or whatever you want to call it.

I'm asking how a club could sit on one problem for so long? articles from 2020, 2021, 2022 and this year about the Eagles injury 'crisis'. 1 year is bad luck, 2 years is really rotten luck, beyond that it's just incompetence. You can't still be sitting around waiting for McGovern, Nic Nat, Yeo and Shuey. That's what it says in the 2020 article.

If you bothered to look, you would find thousands of posts throughout these parts pondering this problem in far more detail than you would care to consider anyway.

Putting it very simply, the club is dealing with the following:
  • Squad full of 30+ year olds that have travelled over their career more than x6 the amount of their peers based on the east coast.
  • Soft cap has effectively forced a lower level of spending on S&C.
  • New training ground is borked - has compacted far too hard and is a significant contributor to the merry-go-round of lower leg injuries suffered by the club over the past 3 years.
There are other things involved of course, including S&C personnel and player management, but those are the leading three factors that have combined to produce the current situation - and none can be addressed in a timeframe that will impact this season.

We're not tanking. Just bathed in our own hubris for too long after 2018, forgot about looking after the basics and are now paying the cost of that.

Simmo and Nisbett have been going around ripping our players hamstrings straight off the bone like they're a bunch of slow cooked bits of brisket.

View attachment 1691758
Just found footage of the medical team getting ready to work on Cripps’ ankle.

kathy bates misery GIF
Kathy Bates Kiss GIF

Rather than out and out tanking like the Hawks, we have been sneakily tanking since the end of 2018 with so much subtlety that we never really noticed.

It all adds up:
  1. Giving away multiple draft picks for Kelly (I know I know, just follow the thread);
  3. Telling Willie that the odd choof is fine and that Gatorade tastes like piss;
  9. Picking up some bloke working at Charcoal Chicken in country Victoria (okay that backfired);
  11. Letting some of the boys use Paltrow's Jade Egg product and her candles, Rotham loves them;
View attachment 1691833View attachment 1691833
HJs vouchers exclude WA these days 😥

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only way hawthorn can be below us on the ladder is tanking. No way in hell a team with an injury list like ours is above them, unless they are pulling back in games. They will maintain that losing margin the whole year to stay bottom.

Tom Barrass just been spotted surfing at Gracetown!

1684555839666.png

He is a depth player in the squad and not a particularly good one. We are better giving a kid a run in his place to see what that kid can do and learn.

We’ve got plenty of them in the 22 at the moment. Just a bit surprised Clark was the one that got dropped, thought he had a decent game in a tough role.

News flash Eagles, you've got an injury crisis across your whole list. That was mid-2020. Three years on, that excuse is just pitiful.

Hawthorn made bold list decisions alright, coaching decisions too, and we're going to absolutely whip the pants off you this Sunday as a result - Barrass or no Barrass.

Any of our supporters deluded enough to think we've a snowball's chance in hell of out-losing you, or the Arden-street-wooden-spoon-machine will have their hopes snuffed out soon enough.
The Arden st wooden spoon machine

That’s a good one 🤣

It all adds up:
View attachment 1691833View attachment 1691833
The khents dont accept the paper vouchers anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back