Out: H.Edwards, Waterman, Ah Chee
In: Witherden, Jones, O’Neill

Backs: Barrass, Rotham, Shep, Hurn, Witherden, Nelson, Cole
Mids: Kelly, Sheed, Gaff, Redden, Brander, O’Neill
Rucks: NicNat, Williams
Forwards: Kennedy, Darling, Allen, Ryan, Cripps, Petch, Jones
Sub: Waterman
Emergencies: Ah Chee (held over), Hedwards, Foley

Go with the smaller backline against Essendon, we can always throw Allen back and Nelson or Cole up the ground if we need someone to switch onto a tall.

Ah Chee isn’t a midfielder, we can’t keep using him in the middle. I know O’Neill didn’t have a great game yesterday but he’s still the best available until Yeo gets up to speed.

We’re too tall and slow up forward and not getting much out of Waterman. And we missed Jones’ tackling pressure.

How long is Witherden out for?
Fair question, I guess I never considered it could be serious given that he flew and was a late out.

If he’s out, I suppose Ah Chee survives by the skin of his teeth? Would prefer to get what he gave us today from Exxon or someone that will play for us in two years time.

Wont matter. We'll "come out breathing fire" after Simmo "gives the playing group a spray" and win by 30 points.

Then get rolled by Carlton the week after and limp into the bye in 8th.

Yeah you are prob right ...and thats what frustrates me...we will do enough to get the win lose the last quarter again when we are on top percentage goes nowhere and then travel against the blues and struggle again if they provide the heat

Bombers are quick, if we aren't on our game they could easily beat us.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
We'll be on our game because we'll be playing at home and sleeping in our nice, warm beds afterwards. We tend to be really good at addressing a disappointing loss away with a decent effort the following week.

We'll then revert to form and lose to Carlton by 4 or 5 goals, and do some "soul searching" and "team bonding" in the bye.

Shuey and Yeo will then come back and we'll have some good wins to wrap up the end of the season, finish 6-8 and get rolled in the first week of finals.

Been here, seen this before.

In desperate need of some more run and mids:

FB: Hurn, Barrass, Cole
HB: Sheppard, Edwards, Rotham
C: Brander, Sheed, Gaff
HF: Petrucelle, Darling, Cripps
FF: Ryan, Kennedy, Allen
Foll: Naitanui, Kelly, Redden

I/C: Jones, Witherden, Hutchings, O'Neill/ Ainsworth
Sub: Ah Chee

In: Hutchings, O'Neill/ Ainsworth, Witherden (if fit - otherwise keep Nelson in), JJones
Out: Waterman, Williams, Ah Chee, Nelson

Not sure if Hutchings is ready or not, but we are in desperate need of support in the midfield and his 28 touches yestday is a good sign considering the poor showing overall. It's time to get the balance right, I don't like Allen in the ruck but believe this is the best option at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Jones for Ah Chee. Knowing our luck Witherden will be out for a while. Frustrating season again up and down. Lose this week and we'll be shaping up for another wasted year again. Yeo needs another week in the Magoo's.

Prediction: The coaches will stick with our tall structure and tick it off when it 'functions' against the bombers well enough for us to get to a decent 3qrt time lead before surviving a late scare in the 4th.

We'll then look slow and lethargic and lose a scrap to Carlton the week after and be left scratching our heads as to why we can't retain the ball inside our forward 50 or run out the 4th quarter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back