Prediction Changes for Rd 3 vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

I hear you but you know whilst Nelson is a bit Nelson is consistent however hes irritating to opposition players and if you gave him the job of giving Cameron the shits and nothing else ,it might just be the answer but ,it looks like it might be schoey this time ,we need to get aggro

Waterman’s not in the side due to balance. Playing Kennedy, Darling, Allen and Waterman in the forward line in the slippery Qld conditions would be a big mistake. Any forward entry that wasn’t marked would be waltzed out of Brisbane’s backline.

Brander’s playing the defensive winger role where his height isn’t really an issue.

You can argue that Waterman could play Brander’s role, and maybe he could, but the club spent most of last year and the start of this year training Brander in that spot so they might as well try to get some return on that investment.

A guy training in a position shouldn't translate to getting a game just because. Brander might be tall, but he doesn't play big at all, so slippery conditions are not a factor in my opinion.

Waterman’s not in the side due to balance. Playing Kennedy, Darling, Allen and Waterman in the forward line in the slippery Qld conditions would be a big mistake. Any forward entry that wasn’t marked would be waltzed out of Brisbane’s backline.

Brander’s playing the defensive winger role where his height isn’t really an issue.

You can argue that Waterman could play Brander’s role, and maybe he could, but the club spent most of last year and the start of this year training Brander in that spot so they might as well try to get some return on that investment.

It's weird because our best football in the last two years has been played with a 7 fwd, 6 mid, 7 def and 2 ruck setup. Fitting Brander onto a wing has seemingly forced us into a 6 fwd and 7 mid setup. I don't mind the idea in perfect conditions, but feel we need to adapt to what has been thrown at us.

I'd much prefer to see Sheed and Redden share that wing role, at least while up in those Nth Qld conditions. They did both play almost the best footy of their careers when sharing Gaffs wing role.

The named team looks much better to me if Brander is in as a fwd. In which case, Waterman is very interchangeable in that role. Even better imo to add another small fwd in Jones instead.

It's weird because our best football in the last two years has been played with a 7 fwd, 6 mid, 7 def and 2 ruck setup. Fitting Brander onto a wing has seemingly forced us into a 6 fwd and 7 mid setup. I don't mind the idea in perfect conditions, but feel we need to adapt to what has been thrown at us.

I'd much prefer to see Sheed and Redden share that wing role, at least while up in those Nth Qld conditions. They did both play almost the best footy of their careers when sharing Gaffs wing role.

The named team looks much better to me if Brander is in as a fwd. In which case, Waterman is very interchangeable in that role. Even better imo to add another small fwd in Jones instead.

Yeah im not sure why we dont have Sheed on a wing.

He has good disposal , can take a mark and his disposal inside 50 is pretty good. Kicks goals also...

The fact he doesn't tackle hurts when he is spending to much time as HFF.

Also he can actually rotate into the centre with Shuey, Yeo or Kelly if need to change it up. Brander isn't a player i see doing that?

SPOILERS!

According to AFL Evolution 2's excellent Match Day mode, we're going to win a nailbiter. Brisbane will look to have it all sewn up before an absolutely disastrous pass across goal hits (our) Ah Chee on the chest, where he calmly slots through the winner with seconds to spare.

JK sticks it right up the critics with 4 goals and best on ground honours, while Nic Nat tears it up in the ruck.

FYI Brander's contribution was a Mackenzie into the behind post, and a shot on goal that didn't make the distance.

Brander has to go out. Liability at AFL level currently. Need to look at other options on the wing - ?Duggan, ?O’Neill (not many spring to mind). If Duggo goes to a wing, Cole or Rotham could come into defence.

Would love Cameron in if fit for either Petch or Ah Chee.
one from left field, but I don't think he's with the squad... Schoey, he's athletic, quick, agile, likes to run with the ball and wouldn't be beaten in the air... probably wouldn't be paid much respect as a midfielder, could surprise

Remember when Shep looked trash in his first 20 games. A young Darren Glass also looked way out of his depth.
Bumped into Glassy a few weeks ago doing some health and wellness work at the BHP camp I was working at. Had a good chat to him and told him that I would have delisted him at the end of the season Ash Mac retired. He took over the next season at FB and the rest is history. Lucky I wasn't the list manager LOL

one from left field, but I don't think he's with the squad... Schoey, he's athletic, quick, agile, likes to run with the ball and wouldn't be beaten in the air... probably wouldn't be paid much respect as a midfielder, could surprise
Good effort to earn a recall while not being with the squad!

I don’t know about obvious. They tried him for about half his rookie season as a forward, then as a back, sometimes alternating weekly, but about 50/50 split for a year. Then they’ve tried to get him involved as a winger.

Doubt they’ve given up on him as a KPP because they think he isn’t up to it - it takes more than a few months for young KPP’s to develop and they didn’t stick with that for any time at all, moved him into the wing ASAP. Doesn’t mean to me that it’s “obvious” he’s not KPP. Most 18 year olds aren’t, and that’s the last chance he got at it.
I believ it was Branders fitness levels and skill that turned them to the wing position for Brander wasnt it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be pretty pissed off if he’s out for a while. Should be playing this afternoon, not in that game..

You watch, we'll lose every game on the Gold Coast. Then we'll come home like a freight train once we've been written off in the back half of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back