Strategy Changes for Rd 9 vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno why I keep caring. Anyway

Out: Culley (curse), Ledwards, Waterman (to sub)
In: SPS, Trew (from sub), Jamieson

Backs: Barrass, Rotham, Hurn, Witherden, Duggan/Ginbey, Foley, Jones
Mids: Kelly, Sheed, Ginbey/Duggan, Gaff, Clark, Hunt
Rucks: Williams, Jamieson
Forwards: Allen, Darling, SPS, Petch, West, O’Neill, Trew
Sub: Waterman
Emergencies: Ledwards, Chesser, Barnett

Jamieson in to help out against Witts. Waterman to sub as he’s been looking a bit jaded in the last couple of weeks. In an ideal world I’d leave him forward and drop Darling but that’s not going to happen obviously.

SPS straight swap for Culley :(

Trew into the 22 in place of Edwards. Or O’Neill or Clark, I don’t really mind. Just give him a proper run at it. Edwards seemed the least-performed of the mids/mids who are pretending to be forwards this week.

Chesser, Hough, Bazzo and anyone else who’s coming back from injury can come back through the WAFL, assuming we haven’t been kicked out of the comp for being uncompetitive by next weekend.

If Darling needs a rest would it not be better to do that the following week when we travel to Tasmania?

Out: Culley, XON, Foley

In: SPS, Hough, Bazzo (sub)

Trew into the 22 but only if he gets midfield time

Dunno why I keep caring. Anyway
Because West Coast is our club.

As has been well documented in recently we have been very, very lucky throughout the history of our club where we haven't 'bottomed out' for long periods of time. In fact the most we have missed the finals is three years in a row.

There is no doubt in my mind the decision to 'sell the farm' for Tim Kelly at the end of 2019 has in large part led to where we are at and our performances of the past three seasons. The lack of any early draft picks during the 2018, 2019 and 2020 national drafts has had a massive impact on our list and our performances in recent seasons. Two of those years we had no second round picks as well as first round picks. The previous two national drafts we drafted Daniel Veneables and Jarrod Brander, who are of course no longer at the club.

Despite that, as I said at the start of this post West Coast is our team. We have been incredibly lucky throughout the duration of the club's history. We have won more games than we have lost, we have played finals more often than not and we reached the holy grail four times since our inception. We, like hundreds of thousands of supports from the other clubs, have to accept where we're at and continue to cheer on our team. Given our vast resources, I am confident that after another good draft or two we can rebuild and create a new successful era. Just like we did under Woosha when he first got there and the same can be said for Simmo.

Go the MIGHTY Eagles!

Out: Culley, Trew, Foley
In: SPS,Hough, Bazzo
Culley is obviously done for the year more than likely. Trew and Foley are nowhere near AFL standard Hough is a far better defender and can play midfield. Bazzo can replace Foley.

Any interest has been sucked oyt of this season. Always thought we would be bottom 4 but was looking forward to seeing Ginbey, Chesser, Culley Hough, Bazzo, Hewett, Burgiel, Long get games and grow but no injuries have killed that.

As for changes, who knows who can and cant come in. Obviously Culley is out hopedully SPS is fit to come back in. Darling looks like he needs a rest so bring Jamo in and play Jake as a permanent forward. Bazzo if he can play replaces Foley who is clearly not up to AFL level.

Torn between bringing guys like Chesser Hough Long in (if fit) or bringing them in via the WAFL

I think the club needs to recognise that no matter who it is, if they are coming back into the side after an injury they come back after at least one game of WAFL. Whether that is managed WAFL minutes or a full game is up for discussion.
Agree in principle but at least the sub allows two guys to play managed minutes. Unless there’s an injury …

Trew's efforts today were nothing short of disappointing. Tackled with one weak arm out, jogged after opponents with the ball and just plain looked like he didn't give a s**t. Has the absolute golden opportunity to really solidify his spot in the squad today and didn't do enough. Really average showing for him IMO.

Everyone's calling for SPS to come in. Have I missed something? He's on the injury report as QUAD - TBC.
Doesn't that mean he's had a leg amputated or something?
There were rumours that he had a cork which was bad enough to require the blood to be drained (compartment syndrome I think it’s called) but Simmo put the kibosh on the severity of the cork (no surgery) during the week and said he’d be available after serving his one week suspension.

I expect him to come straight back into the 22.

Everyone's calling for SPS to come in. Have I missed something? He's on the injury report as QUAD - TBC.
Doesn't that mean he's had a leg amputated or something?
According to Schofield and Redding on the Shelter Footycast SPS had a drain inserted into his thigh for the cork. They were pretty vague about it. As always I guess we wait and see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chesser coming straight back from injury when he arguably should've been in the WAFL prior to being hurt is going to be a tough ask.

Had 5D, 6D and 12D prior to dying and Fold Coast is a pretty young, fit team.

One day he'll actually play WAFL and we can see how he copes with the pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back