Strategy Changes for Rd 9 vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chesser coming straight back from injury when he arguably should've been in the WAFL prior to being hurt is going to be a tough ask.

Had 5D, 6D and 12D prior to dying and Fold Coast is a pretty young, fit team.

One day he'll actually play WAFL and we can see how he copes with the pace.

I’m hopeful they’ll give him at least one game in the WAFL before bringing him back

Hough and Long also looked close to ready today at training but again I’d rather they come back through the WAFL. Bazzo needs a full WAFL game too after a couple of runs as sub before getting a head knock against Carlton

SPS still had his thigh/quad heavily strapped and didn’t do much so he’s still doubtful although he’s also the most obvious replacement for Culley

One or both of Jamieson should be considered given the Suns ruck strength with Witts and tall forward line of King, Casboult and Chol

Maybe give Darling a rest if he is indeed injured and play Jamo with Waterman and Allen as our forward targets

Edwards can replace Foley to provide extra height down back

Chesser coming straight back from injury when he arguably should've been in the WAFL prior to being hurt is going to be a tough ask.

Had 5D, 6D and 12D prior to dying and Fold Coast is a pretty young, fit team.

One day he'll actually play WAFL and we can see how he copes with the pace.

Nah putting him straight back into the seniors will be fine.

Worked great for Yeo right?

RIGHT?!

I’m hopeful they’ll give him at least one game in the WAFL before bringing him back

Hough and Long also looked close to ready today at training but again I’d rather they come back through the WAFL. Bazzo needs a full WAFL game too after a couple of runs as sub before getting a head knock against Carlton

SPS still had his thigh/quad heavily strapped and didn’t do much so he’s still doubtful although he’s also the most obvious replacement for Culley

One or both of Jamieson should be considered given the Suns ruck strength with Witts and tall forward line of King, Casboult and Chol

Maybe give Darling a rest if he is indeed injured and play Jamo with Waterman and Allen as our forward targets

Edwards can replace Foley to provide extra height down back

Either way, sounds like someone is gonna have to come straight back in underdone.

Choose ya poison. Bazzo is clearly short of a gallop, even before his injury. Hough is a likely candidate, no chance for Long IMO, hasn't got the credits and they'll be conservative.

Chessers injury was the worst but hes probably the furthest in his recovery. Shiny first round pick from a couple years ago is probably the leading candidate. Shouldn't be the case, but it is.

Can't be any worse than Trew has been I guess :shrug:

If we can’t afford to give Darling a rest, play him FF. Let Oscar play more CHF and Waterman be the up the ground target for Bunga’s inevitable kick outs.

On that note, if Darling is carrying an injury and we have no other tall targets, why TF does Bunga just persist to kick it to that same spot? Nevermind the fact it offers nothing to generate momentum even if we did have targets.

It’s controllable stuff like this that shits me.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nah putting him straight back into the seniors will be fine.

Worked great for Yeo right?

RIGHT?!
Yeo got injured again because Simmo couldn't resist putting him back into the midfield in his 2nd game back despite promising to leave him in defence for a while...
Frustrated Will Ferrell GIF

Last edited:
Either way, sounds like someone is gonna have to come straight back in underdone.

Choose ya poison. Bazzo is clearly short of a gallop, even before his injury. Hough is a likely candidate, no chance for Long IMO, hasn't got the credits and they'll be conservative.

Chessers injury was the worst but hes probably the furthest in his recovery. Shiny first round pick from a couple years ago is probably the leading candidate. Shouldn't be the case, but it is.

Can't be any worse than Trew has been I guess :shrug:

Could be as simple as Jamieson for Culley, if SPS is unavailable? Culley’s basically been playing as a tall target forward anyway.

Then we can bring all of Chesser, Bazzo, Hough, Edwards (or whichever of them are available) back through the WAFL.

Could be as simple as Jamieson for Culley, if SPS is unavailable? Culley’s basically been playing as a tall target forward anyway.

Then we can bring all of Chesser, Bazzo, Hough, Edwards (or whichever of them are available) back through the WAFL.

Land of the giants again?

Darling, Allen, Waterman, Jamieson... with our only crumbing forward being West the midfielder, and Petrucelle the potato.

Tantalising prospect. At least Jamo has strung together a few WAFL games. Can't sat that about many others, save Barnett.

Land of the giants again?

Darling, Allen, Waterman, Jamieson... with our only crumbing forward being West the midfielder, and Petrucelle the potato.

Tantalising prospect. At least Jamo has strung together a few WAFL games. Can't sat that about many others, save Barnett.

Yeah it’s not ideal, but nothing is at the moment. Waterman can play a roaming high-half-forward Cripps sort of role maybe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeo's wasn't an impact injury...

And?

The guy has played next to no football in the last three years, let him build some actual football conditioning up before throwing him to the wolves.

And?

The guy has played next to no football in the last three years, let him build some actual football conditioning up before throwing him to the wolves.
Well, he was building conditioning through playing seniors.

If he was prone to soft tissue injuries then I would agree with you.

He's not though, just been unlucky with impact injuries instead, which are just as likely to happen at WAFL/training.

Out: Culley (curse)
In: Jamieson

B: Hurn, Barrass, Witherden
HB: Duggan, Rotham, Jones
C: Gaff, Kelly, Hunt
HF: Waterman, Darling, Clark
F: Petruccelle, Allen, West
R: Williams, Sheed, Ginbey
I: Jamieson, Foley, O’Neill, Edwards
S: Trew again
E: Chesser, Hedwards, Hough

Jamieson in to back up Williams against Witts. Waterman to play as a roaming forward. Duggan and Ginbey to split between midfield and the backline again.

Chesser, Hedwards and Hough to be on standby but play WAFL if they’re not required. No need to rush anyone in, we’ve seen how badly that can go.

Rotham played forward a bit last year and kicked a few. Reckon you could bring edwards to play as a key back and move Roth forward

Out: Culley (curse)
In: Jamieson

B: Hurn, Barrass, Witherden
HB: Duggan, Rotham, Jones
C: Gaff, Kelly, Hunt
HF: Waterman, Darling, Clark
F: Petruccelle, Allen, West
R: Williams, Sheed, Ginbey
I: Jamieson, Foley, O’Neill, Edwards
S: Trew again
E: Chesser, Hedwards, Hough

Jamieson in to back up Williams against Witts. Waterman to play as a roaming forward. Duggan and Ginbey to split between midfield and the backline again.

Chesser, Hedwards and Hough to be on standby but play WAFL if they’re not required. No need to rush anyone in, we’ve seen how badly that can go.
That’s a weak team.
Rhino said on 7 news that Hurn is in doubt with - you guessed it - a hamstring.

That’s a weak team.
Rhino said on 7 news that Hurn is in doubt with - you guessed it - a hamstring.

That’s impossible, he wasn’t in the official injury report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back