Strategy Changes for Rd 9 vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Darling I kind of want us to experiment a bit.

Do we actually need two big key forwards anymore. Look at most sides these days and a lot of them are going with just one key forward.

We can't replace Darling anyway with our injuries but once that lightens up would be nice to have other options to try.

Maybe go with a small forward line instead for a change.

Well we can but they won’t do it. Push waterman forward to darlings position play jamo as the back up ruck.

With Darling I kind of want us to experiment a bit.

Do we actually need two big key forwards anymore. Look at most sides these days and a lot of them are going with just one key forward.

We can't replace Darling anyway with our injuries but once that lightens up would be nice to have other options to try.

Maybe go with a small forward line instead for a change.
Explain to me how trying something new is better than, for example, continuing with what clearly isn't working.

Reckon Duggo might captain this week 🤔

And you’d be correct

Simpson confirmed in his press conference that Duggan will captain the side this week

Two out, two in with 26-27 to choose from - I’m guessing that Dewar and Baker whilst fit to play WAFL, aren’t included in those considered available

So the two coming in are from
Jamieson
Edwards
Chesser
Hough
Barnett

I’m thinking Jamieson and Chesser

Last edited:

Two out, two in with 27-27 to choose from - I’m guessing that Dewar and Baker whilst fit to play WAFL, aren’t included in those considered available

Jamieson
Edwards
Chesser
Hough
Barnett

Reckon one of Hedwards or Hough will come in and play back in place of Hurn. Maybe Hough if Casboult didn’t make the trip over.

Hough and Jamo or Edwards you would think.
Duggo to get some mid minutes as well.
Maybe change up Darlings role a bit? Wing or even down back as a bit of an interceptor to give Barrass a hand. I know he probably wouldn't be the most accountable for a man but how many of our backs actually are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two out, two in with 27-27 to choose from - I’m guessing that Dewar and Baker whilst fit to play WAFL, aren’t included in those considered available

Jamieson
Edwards
Chesser
Hough
Barnett

Completely forgot about SPS who might also be available

FMD, the rest of teams would be so looking forward to the week they play the Eagles at the moment.
It is Laughable.
2-3 go out 2-3 come in, hovering around the 26 to choose from. For the last month and the foreseeable future.

You would be hard pressed to find a team that was in this much selection trouble in the whole AFL era.
Except us, last year.

FMD, the rest of teams would be so looking forward to the week they play the Eagles at the moment.
It is Laughable.
2-3 go out 2-3 come in, hovering around the 26 to choose from. For the last month and the foreseeable future.

You would be hard pressed to find a team that was in this much selection trouble in the whole AFL era.
Except us, last year.
And the talk is that when Tassie comes in the player lists will be cut to maintain the same size total pool. So say, two less on the list per team.
That extra minus two would pretty well push us over the edge right now.

On Darling I reckon he's cracking in and throwing his weight around which was nice to see. Isn't clunking his marks and his kicking is off is all. Classic Darling otherwise. If he'd kicked to his usual standard he'd be tracking around his career average.

Okay ins in the circumstances, don't mind the height. Letting Chess build in the WAFL a bit also seems sensible. Team is a bit heavy on defenders though, wonder if we see someone get thrown forward (or at least Duggan playing a lot more mid).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back