Changes for Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

mark73 said:
I am not totally disagreeing with you that that would be around the mark, but I do think its unrealistic for that to be what Collingwood receive.Especially with the hype around this years draft being the best since the Riewoldt Koschitzke Pavlich one.Clubs are not going to release their first up picks.
Those three weren't taken in the same draft. Riewoldt and Kosi were taken in 2000 and Pavlich in 1999. 2001 was the supposed super draft but it is a little overated IMO. Every year there are flops and I doubt this year will be any different. We will get some superstars but there are bound to be one or two flops in the top 20 or at least one or two in the top 40 as they are saying.

Look for trades, we need pace in the midfield, I don't want Burns, O'Bree, Lica to be starting in the same midfield together. But with Pendels up and coming, Daisy to bulk up, then Egan, Diddy, and Swan all stepping up, you have got to be happy with how it is developing. Selwood would be perfect IMO but Leinburger would be excellent as well. Heaps of talent :thumbsu:

James Kelly was no.17 in the superdraft of 2001. His 2005 was very good. To be honest, if pick 28 can get him, I would jump at him, as he would, like it or not, make our midfield much better. Plus, I want Proud at pick 10. If we can somehow get both Proud and Kelly, then that would be ideal, as the midfield needs the most work I feel.

If pick 28 doesn't work i say with throw someone like Rowe in, he looks like he may not be at the club at 07 so may aswell put him up.

Dazman said:
Bit of a wishlist:

Chris Bryan*. Would complement Fraser because he is the physical crash and bash ruckman. Could also go forward (this is where he plays most of the time at VFL level).

James Kelly*. Out of favour at Geelong but I think he is good overall and not spectacular at any part of the game. Pace is reasonable, skills reasonable, plenty of ticker?

Pick 10. One of (in this order) Selwood, Proud, Louenberger

Would love to, through trades get 3 picks in the first 2 rounds.

*Do not give away more than a 2nd rounder. Ideally we would get them for Lonie, Rowe, Jason Cloke.
Chris bryan is one player we dont need, he was often asked at sandringham why he didnt do more and he would reply with why should i. Enough said.

Trade: Tristen Walker
for
Shannon Byrnes or James Kelly

Geelong need a key defender to replace Tom Lonergan and we need speed and skill. Byrnes is a very realistic chance as he cannot seem to get a consistent spot in their team.

Dale Didak #134 said:
for

Geelong need a key defender to replace Tom Lonergan and we need speed and skill. Byrnes is a very realistic chance as he cannot seem to get a consistent spot in their team.

They need a key defender not a witch's hat.

Trade value of Walker = 0

which players that we draftet last year, except iles, pendlebury and thomas, would you expect to be in the starting line up round one?
john anthony? stanley? cook?

Dale Didak #134 said:
for

Good idea. I might post that on the Geelong board and see what they think.

If They were at all interested in Tex, maybe Tex and our 2nd round pick for both byrnes and kelly? Then replace that 2nd round pick with a 2nd round pick picked up through a Cloke/Lonie/etc trade?

bren_gc said:
If They were at all interested in Tex, maybe Tex and our 2nd round pick for both byrnes and kelly? Then replace that 2nd round pick with a 2nd round pick picked up through a Cloke/Lonie/etc trade?

I'd give Jason Cloke and Tristan Walker for Byrnes and Kelly.

Walker just cant fit in our structure at LExus centre and Cloke deserves another opportunity. So give them to the cats and we can have 2 quick on-ballers,
what u think??

Dale Didak #134 said:
for

yeah we will give one of them for that dud .open your eye you ------- ------ ---- !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Timmy from Thomastown said:
Good idea. I might post that on the Geelong board and see what they think.
i thnk they buy that, why not trade all your dead wood like all the clokes and r.shaw for scarlo and chappy . NO WONDER NO CLUBS WAN'T TO TRADE WITH COLLINGWOOD

ablett5 said:
i thnk they buy that, why not trade all your dead wood like all the clokes and r.shaw for scarlo and chappy . NO WONDER NO CLUBS WAN'T TO TRADE WITH COLLINGWOOD

um is anyone speaking....who are you. nobody said anything bout trading clokes andr.shaw for scarlett and chapplin. go back to geelong

gormanisahack said:
um is anyone speaking....who are you. nobody said anything bout trading clokes andr.shaw for scarlett and chapplin. go back to geelong
you can't even read [gormanisahack]

Dale Didak #134 said:
What about Tristen Walker for Travis Gaspar;
And also Guy Richards + 3rd Round Draft pick for John Meeson
You're new, so here's a heads up - Your trade idea's aren't very good, so perhaps keep them to yourself until you get a better feel for realistic trades.

Dale Didak #134 said:
What about Tristen Walker for Travis Gaspar;
And also Guy Richards + 3rd Round Draft pick for John Meeson

I doubt any club would be interested in trading for Walker.

If wee need a tall defender, why not use the draft instead of importing another clubs dud

b-lonie presti clement
hb-h shaw anthony maxwell
c-thomas proud pendlebury
hf-egan tarrant buckley
f-rusling t cloke burns
foll-fraser johnson didak
inter r shaw rocca davis licuria obree lockyer swan
alot of youth with pace toughness and skill in the midfield and hopefully we get proud in the draft.

vinnie_vegas69 said:
You're new, so here's a heads up - Your trade idea's aren't very good, so perhaps keep them to yourself until you get a better feel for realistic trades.

Here Here

Next itll be Brent Hall for Jonathon Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

Back