Analysis Changes for Round 11 v Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

If one thing is clear it's that Bevo deosn't think the ruck is a terribly important role. Thinking he sees Boyd as a midfielder who can compete in the ruck not a ruck who can compete in the midfield. And he's also apparently fine with that.
I'm not sure that is what's clear. Perhaps he might think (at this point anyway) that an out of form and possibly declining Roughy is still a better option than Campbell. If English were fit, he'd probably be playing.

We seem utterly compromised in the ruck at present with no short term quick fix on the horizon. Perhaps Bevo has simply accepted that we are likely to have the 2nd best ruckman (at best) on the park in every game we play regardless of who we put out there and he is trying to find ways of mitigating that to some degree. None of those measures have proven to be particularly satisfactory to this point but you can't play what you haven't got. Hands tied to a degree. Pretty sure if Gawn was on our list Bevo would play him.

No we don’t. Gowers and Cordy only ones. We have far too many nice players.

Guys like Picken, Smith, Libba, Red and Stringer who historically have provided the niggle all injured or off the list.
Yerp so we are left with a 1st year player today to fly the flag. I just want to see some fight. Even if thats taken literally

Am I the only one that thinks a guard of honor is a bit OTT for a 250th? I get it for 300.

Just Melbourne being Melbourne, over celebrating mediocrity.

Love it.

Line in the sand stuff today.

If i see one player niggle johannisen before the bounce. I want an all in brawl. This team needs to harden up. Wood needs to actually lead. Stop letting teams bully us.

Enough is enough
I miss Southern, kretiuk and Dent so much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back