Analysis Changes for Round 11 v Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi Guys,

It's disappointing to see how this season is unfolding for you (always had a soft spot)

I am just baffled by your selections.

After Grundy v Roughead, not taking a recognised ruckman in against Gawn is clearance suicide, Campbell with a lazy 72 hit outs on the weekend too.

Lukas Webb can't buy a game, Dunkley and Wallis are best 22 but clearly they have been told to work on certain aspects of their game but imo they were contributing enought to hold their spots. Wallis with 10 tackles against Adelaide before he was dropped so it can't be a defensive issue.

Honeychurch is a plodder who is not AFL standard.

I'm legit baffled what's going on with Bevo and the selection committee.

Anyways, best of luck on the weekend.. Fingers crossed for an upset!

Fairly well summed up.

it would be nice to know what the club is thinking with its match day selections because an estimated 99.99% of supporters are struggling to understand selection.

It really is quite hard to understand why we have retained Campbell, when the coach and selectors are so low on his ability. Whilst for the most part I tend to agree with them, F*&k it’d have to help if we had at least a few more taps to advantage rather than our mids have to spend 100% of the time at stoppages reading the opposing ruckman.

It really is quite hard to understand why we have retained Campbell, when the coach and selectors are so low on his ability. Whilst for the most part I tend to agree with them, F*&k it’d have to help if we had at least a few more taps to advantage rather than our mids have to spend 100% of the time at stoppages reading the opposing ruckman.
He clearly lacks mobility but at least he's a threat to take a contested mark around the ground. He also would help throw his body weight around at the clearances. I literally have no idea what Roughy offers this team at the moment, I'm struggling the find one positive attribute.

You could say that about a number of players awarded 2 yr contracts recently. in addition to Campbell, Webb and Roberts spring to mind.

Did our list manager ever even speak to Bev?

Sorry to go off track but has your VFL team been selected and if so how do I view it,[thank you]

Agree. If he can't get a game right now considering the ineffectiveness of both Roughead and Boyd to counter 'real' ruckmen then we have to conclude he is basically unwanted. He's a more competitive option than Roughead IMO but not in the eyes of the match committee.

Tom Campbell a VFL Journey.

Versus Collingwood 149 Ranking points
Versus Werribee 102 Ranking points
Versus Port Melbourne 56 Ranking points (1 Qtr as Ruck)
Versus Richmond 76 Ranking points
Versus Geelong 110 Ranking points
Versus Coburg 138 Ranking points
Versus Sandringham 102 Ranking points

Average: 104.71428 or 105 rounded up :rolleyes:

Free BTC.

Agree. If he can't get a game right now considering the ineffectiveness of both Roughead and Boyd to counter 'real' ruckmen then we have to conclude he is basically unwanted. He's a more competitive option than Roughead IMO but not in the eyes of the match committee.

It was the same story last year with Roberts when Young was out of form and confidence and was selected ahead of Roberts (everyone else was injured).

And this year Webb can only manage two games in a row while someone like Honey or Dale stinks it up for weeks on end.

Baffling that we have retained these players when Bev clearly hates picking them.

Adams not selected for Footscray.

Have I missed something ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ve been crying out for hardened mature bodies and to not bring in Campbell this weekend is a massive shame.

Watch Roughead spend long periods of this game on the bench treating some injury whilst we get slaughtered in the ruck. Trengrove then forced into the ruck role only to see our undersized backline get slaughtered by Hogan and Co.

You just know it’s going to happen.

Watch Roughead spend long periods of this game on the bench treating some injury whilst we get slaughtered in the ruck. Trengrove then forced into the ruck role only to see our undersized backline get slaughtered by Hogan and Co.

Roughead gets slaughtered in the ruck when he's on the ground playing anyway.

BTC comes in for 2 games then same people will ask for him to be dropped. Classic bigfooty
If he doesn't perform then of course that's what will happen. But he's clearly performing very well at VFL level and the guys playing his position above him deserve to be dropped.

We’ve been crying out for hardened mature bodies and to not bring in Campbell this weekend is a massive shame.

You just know it’s going to happen.

So with good VFL form, Campbell cant crack a game this week after Rough was both injured and slaughtered last week, when do you think Bev picks him? Is it only when Boyd and Rough are out?

I almost get the feeling Bev would rather ruck with Jong/Dunks or Bont than big Tom. Actually anyone but Tom.

Its cringe-worthy that they've gone back to Honeychurch over Wallis.

Cringe-worthy.
You imagine Honey comes in to play as a pressure forward. I don't know if Wallis is suited to that role.

I think this is a good sign. Obviously Bevo sees that this side can perform (and hell, we were good for a half against Collingwood) and now he is willing to back them in to get it together in the near term. If he has some faith, so do I. It's better if he coach thinks we only need some tweaks to be competitive again rather than wholesale change (though, of course, terrible if the coach is wrong). I'll wait and see.

BTC comes in for 2 games then same people will ask for him to be dropped. Classic bigfooty

Fair point but what are your preferred alternatives?

BTC - BOG in VFL and good form most of the year in VFL
Roughy - I keep hoping he will come good again and he looked good before being [re?] injured last week But v injury prone / carrying injury and not great form
Toyd - robbing the forward line and sharing with Dunkley wtf
Trengove - not a success in ruck

So with good VFL form, Campbell cant crack a game this week after Rough was both injured and slaughtered last week, when do you think Bev picks him? Is it only when Boyd and Rough are out?

I almost get the feeling Bev would rather ruck with Jong/Dunks or Bont than big Tom. Actually anyone but Tom.
Is John Schultz still prominent around the club?

Fair point but what are your preferred alternatives?

BTC - BOG in VFL and good form most of the year in VFL
Roughy - I keep hoping he will come good again and he looked good before being [re?] injured last week But v injury prone / carrying injury and not great form
Toyd - robbing the forward line and sharing with Dunkley wtf
Trengove - not a success in ruck
BTC has always done well in VFL but struggles in AFL. I hope he does well, been a fan of him

Club has me made #eco. Something seriously wrong at the club

You imagine Honey comes in to play as a pressure forward. I don't know if Wallis is suited to that role.

I think this is a good sign. Obviously Bevo sees that this side can perform (and hell, we were good for a half against Collingwood) and now he is willing to back them in to get it together in the near term. If he has some faith, so do I. It's better if he coach thinks we only need some tweaks to be competitive again rather than wholesale change (though, of course, terrible if the coach is wrong). I'll wait and see.
Not a single other coaching staff in the AFL has Honeychurch in over Wallis. In any role.

I'm dumbfounded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back