Strategy Changes for round 12 vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn’t see a thread?

Out: L.Edwards (curse), Rotham (to sub)
In: Clark (from sub), Jamieson

Backs: Barrass, Bazzo, Hurn, Yeo/Ginbey, Witherden, Foley, Hunt
Mids: Kelly, Sheed, Ginbey/Yeo, Duggan, Hough, Clark (wings)
Rucks: Williams, Jamieson
Forwards: Allen, Waterman, Petch, Long, West, O’Neill, Gaff
Sub: Rotham
Emergencies: Chesser, Trew, Hewett

Clark back into the 22 for Ledwards. Don’t think there’s much else to come in if they want to keep Chesser and Hewett in the WAFL, which they should.

Jamieson back in after a good WAFL game, he’ll offer as much as Rotham did in the role except that he might actually be able to win the odd hitout. Rotham to sub since he can play a few roles.

Dunno what happens if Sheed is out. Maybe Trew gets a game? In reality we probably bring back Shuey before he’s completely ready I guess.

The MSD is this week yeah? Any chance we have an actual pick (surely have at least one and they move Culley to the LTI list) and they come in?

Gaff won’t come out but dammit I’m listing him anyway.

Out: Gaff, LEd
In: Clark, Jamo

Burgiel could be fun, happy for Hewett and Chess to play sustained WAFL footy for a while. Clark is finished for me but while we need to field a side I guess he makes sense. Rather kick the tyres on Burgiel but there’s not much selection pressure for these guys.

Gaffs so cooked and low on confidence that a break might be a bit of relief for him lol. He’s never been super attacking player but in his prime he’d take the game on but I genuinely haven’t seen that aspect of the game since 2020 I’d say

Gaffs so cooked and low on confidence that a break might be a bit of relief for him lol. He’s never been super attacking player but in his prime he’d take the game on but I genuinely haven’t seen that aspect of the game since 2020 I’d say
The lack of penetration on his kicking is a big sign that he's completely done, I think he'd genuinely struggle to make a 40m kick these days

The lack of penetration on his kicking is a big sign that he's completely done, I think he'd genuinely struggle to make a 40m kick these days
Lack of penetration and he’s got slower. Bloke a couple years ago looked like a walk in for 300 games for us and now finishing out horribly. Perhaps his ability to play through injuries for most of his career has caught up with his body.

If he is kept on next season and our injury crisis is better, then we have to give him the Matt Crouch treatment and play him in the WAFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Rotham did OK ahead of the ball - maybe not a great game but it was also an unusual role for him. The dropped mark was obviously inexcusable, but he is probably one of our better contested marks and took one that led to an Allen goal. I saw enough to be willing to continue that experiment anyway.

I thought Rotham did OK ahead of the ball - maybe not a great game but it was also an unusual role for him. The dropped mark was obviously inexcusable, but he is probably one of our better contested marks and took one that led to an Allen goal. I saw enough to be willing to continue that experiment anyway.

He had two possessions for the game.

I'm not going to argue that he played well. He's frustrated the everloving s**t out of me for years too. Stats aside though, I thought there was a tiny glimpse of a decent player there.

Good to see the eagles list manager strays onto this board from time to time

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

“he is probably one of our better contested marks”

???????????

No performances from the WAFL game today screamed “pick me”. Which is a shame but as others have said Hewett & Chesser in particular should be better for an extended run at that level. Jack Williams presented well given the limited number of looks we had. I’d like to see him given a game or two at AFL level in the back half of the year.

They’ll probably bring Shuey in this week and unfortunately they won’t drop Gaff.

Average age of the side will be back in the high 25yo bracket next week against the Pies.

In 2005 we went over to the MCG and were rolled by the pies. We were first and they were last. Last beating first has never happened since that game.

How bloody great and fitting would it be if we somehow pinched this game.
I went to that game and was FURIOUS

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Of our injured players only Shuey seems a chance and it’s a small one at that. Potentially he could be used as the sub

From the Beagles maybe Jamieson and Trew deserve a recall on form

Luke Edwards is the only definite out but I also have concerns over Sheed as he looked pretty sore

Rotham didn’t do enough to warrant another game but might be saved due to a lack of options

Clark for Edwards
Jamieson for Rotham who becomes the sub
Trew for Sheed if required

Shuey the wildcard as he’s saying that he hopes to be ready for Collingwood but Simpson has said Adelaide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back