Strategy Changes for round 12 vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In 2005 we went over to the MCG and were rolled by the pies. We were first and they were last. Last beating first has never happened since that game.

How bloody great and fitting would it be if we somehow pinched this game.
This will probably be the only game this year I’ll be able to drag my wife to.

She says maybe just for a couple of quarters then back to the city for shopping, but gee I hope they give me an excuse to keep us there for all 4!

I thought if a player retires you can negotiate a settlement, if he is delisted you have to pay him out. I have absolutely no evidence to back this up, just an assumption from me.
My understanding is you can negotiate a settlement with the player, but the contracted amount still applies to the cap.

If Maric comes in he'll probably go insane and be our BOG

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not sure about Maric. He's about the same size as Waterman who also dominates the lower league if the team is half decent. I wouldn't be surprised if they go for Buller who is a decent size ..or maybe Tucker the ruckman. We are also short of small forwards so maybe Hansen. It would help to have some more pace coming out of the backline to complement Hunt and there are a few available but maybe they will look at Shuey to act in that role. Who knows? There are so many needs

This will probably be the only game this year I’ll be able to drag my wife to.

She says maybe just for a couple of quarters then back to the city for shopping, but gee I hope they give me an excuse to keep us there for all 4!

I’m not sure they are allowed to lock the gates due to safety reasons

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

My understanding is you can negotiate a settlement with the player, but the contracted amount still applies to the cap.

This is correct however if they retire due to injury then and you do the full payout of contract it doesn't come out of the salary cap. The AFL introduced a one off case due to the length of Buddy's contract that if he was to retire early his contract would continue to count towards the salary cap as the AFL were ******* pissed he didn't end up at GWS. Sydney also copped a 2 year trade ban which was a complete joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Ledwards (inj), Rotham
In: Jamieson (plus Clark into 22)

B: Hurn, Barrass, Witherden
HB: Duggan, Bazzo, Hunt
C: Gaff, Kelly, Hough
HF: Long, Waterman, Sheed
F: Petruccelle, Allen, Jamieson
R: Williams, Yeo, Ginbey
I: O’Neill, Foley, West, Clark
E: Rotham (sub), Trew, Chesser, Hewett (WAFL)

Out : L.Edwards + Bazzo + Foley (sub)
In : Jamieson + Trew + Clark

Bazzo missed a lot of the preseason + also missed games with concussion, he looks lost in the team at the moment and needs time in the WAFL.

I also think we need to reward WAFL form and Trew deserves a chance especially as the current mids are not getting it done. Sheed mostly + Kelly to rotate mid/fwd opening a spot for Trew around the ball. Trew is not the long term solution but Sheed's lack of defence in the midfield is killing the team and some type of change is needed.

Clark can't play sub 3 weeks in a row and Chesser + Hewett need WAFL minutes so with a back six of Hurn, Barrass, Witherden, Duggan, Rotham, Hunt with Yeo + Ginbey rotating mid/def, Foley moves to sub.

Sheed's lack of defence in the midfield is killing the team and some type of change is needed.

Gaff and Sheed in the midfield with their lack of speed and defensive skill set mean we are effectively two players short in the middle.

Opposition get ball and they’re off to the races - it’s no wonder our defence is getting pumped with lack of midfield pressure and our forwards are getting sub-standard delivery.

Until one or both are gone from the middle we are going to struggle.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bazzo missed a lot of the preseason + also missed games with concussion, he looks lost in the team at the moment and needs time in the WAFL.

I also think we need to reward WAFL form and Trew deserves a chance especially as the current mids are not getting it done. Sheed mostly + Kelly to rotate mid/fwd opening a spot for Trew around the ball. Trew is not the long term solution but Sheed's lack of defence in the midfield is killing the team and some type of change is needed.

Clark can't play sub 3 weeks in a row and Chesser + Hewett need WAFL minutes so with a back six of Hurn, Barrass, Witherden, Duggan, Rotham, Hunt with Yeo + Ginbey rotating mid/def, Foley moves to sub.

Bazzo probably looks lost because he was. In the forward line no less! He got thrown all around the place, think he was even rucking inside 50. He'll be fine, prefer to retain him.

I don’t mind Trew but have you seen Trew play? Defensively he as useful as Sheed. Got frustrated with some of his efforts earlier in the year. That said don’t mind him coming in but don’t mind but don’t expect him to be providing defensive pressure

Gaff and Sheed in the midfield with their lack of speed and defensive skill set mean we are effectively two players short in the middle.

Opposition get ball and they’re off to the races - it’s no wonder our defence is getting pumped with lack of midfield pressure and our forwards are getting sub-standard delivery.

Until one or both are gone from the middle we are going to struggle.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m not a fan of both being in the midfield or even in the team next year ..
Sheed is so lazy and likes to pad his stats with cheap disposals..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m not a fan of both being in the midfield or even in the team next year ..
Sheed is so lazy and likes to pad his stats with cheap disposals..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile ap
I have been closely watching Sheed this year (not in a stalker way either). As soon as the opposition gets the ball, he literally slows to a jog, its like a light switch. He is so attack minded, he looks at the opposition attacking as "time for a rest"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back