Strategy Changes for round 12 vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamieson for Edwards? Meh, what else are they supposed to do.

Not selected in the 22 but fit to play

Clark - possible sub
Trew - keep building WAFL form
Hewett - find touch in WAFL on way back from injury
Chesser - see Hewett
Burgiel - see Chesser
Barnett - not AFL ready
JWilliams - not AFL ready
Baker - not AFL ready
Dewar - not AFL ready
Maric - match practice ahead of debut v Adelaide

Everyone else is injured so we play 9 in the WAFL again. Apart from Clark they’re all 20 or under and a combined tally of <20 AFL games between them

Rotham’s a conundrum. He’s got elite speed and seems ideally suited to the running style we’re trying to develop. Yet he either refuses to use his speed or isn’t given a licence to. I would’ve thought it’d be apparent to him that his opportunities won’t be endless and that his best chance of success is to utilise his point of difference.

He may not have the evasive running skills of Jones but, if he finds space and hits top gear, he’s highly unlikely to be run down from behind. If he runs 30m and kicks 50m, it gives us another option of breaking defensive zones.

West?

Exxon has had some run with roles of late

Don't mind it. Already been playing that position on the field, got a bit of campaigner in him. Doesn't mind the tough stuff.

Could cost us 10 free kicks with soft umpiring and poor execution but let's give it a crack.

XON to Mitchell.

Play Barrass forward and Jamo in defence. Bazzo on miochek and rotham on Johnson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Eagles fans, when I saw this fixture and saw the ladder something ticked in my memory. A bit of deja vu.

Back in 2005 the bottom-of-the-table Pies took on the undefeated Eagles and when Sandra Sully came on the 6 o'clock news and mentioned that Collingwood had won, I fell out of my chair.

Seems an impossible task this week, but it's not. Home game, big crowd. Time to return the favour. Maric to kick 6. Go Eagles.

Dreamt we lost by one point due to umpire shenanigans with the siren, but Oscar kicked nine

Don't tell sportsbet this one's a sure thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back