Unofficial Preview Changes for Round 13 vs Collingwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
In: Honeychurch.

I literally don't care what else happens. I just want to see my boy play. Not sure whether I want to go or not, next week.

Leon

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2004
Bound for Germany 2006!
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Harry's Heroes
I would do the following:

Bring Jones straight back in. Give him a rev up and tell him that it's time he started delivering on a regular basis. Also for the actual game, park him in the 50 and force whoever Collingwood have on him to actually man him up. Tell him he's not to move from the bloody 50m line. Park him in the bloody goal square.

Drop Christian Howard. I feel sorry for him - but he just isn't up to it. I was even prepared last week to give him 3-4 games to show what he can do, but tonight sealed it for me.

I would also drop Koby Stevens. This is a tough one - there's no doubting his effort or endeavor - but aside from that what is there with him? He doesn't have good disposal, he makes too many errors and lacks awareness.

Bring in Hunter - has got some class and skill, something we desperately lack.

Honeychurch should also be looked at. Season is over - let's play him and see what he can do.

I'm no Cordy fan, but if his form for Footscray today has been good, happy for him to be recalled. Nothing to lose - see if he can show something, if he doesn't, he's basically confirmed what most of us suspect anyway.

In essence, let's at least try something different. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Lex22

Club Legend
Jun 8, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Time to pick a few of the young lads. Good time to get some games into a few talls I think.

Out: Howard, Gia, Stevens,

In: Cordy, Campbell, Honeychurch or Hunter

Might be a bit top heavy, but I'm struggling to see how this will make us any worse. Can always sub one of them off.

OUT: Stevens, Howard, Gia
IN: Cordy, Boyd, Hunter

Something like this:

Backs:
Wood Roughy Picken
Murphy Morris Higgins (if ribs not broken)​

Midfield:
Cooney Wallis Macrae
Minson Liberatore, Griffen​

Forwards:
Crameri, Williams, Hrovat
Grant, Cordy, Dahlhaus​

Bench: Boyd, Bontempelli, Tutt
Sub: Hunter

I want to bring Redpath in but maybe just Cordy this week and then see about bringing Redpath in next week. Minson's need is greater. Cordy to ruck 1/3 of the game so Minson would rest up forward some of the time. Neither he nor Cordy are true FFs, of course, but they can certainly help as a second tall up forward and might snag a couple of goals between them.

EDIT: Would be OK with Campbell instead of Cordy if preferred.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
San Antonio, West Ham, Renegades
In: Hunter, Roberts, Cordy/Campbell, Boyd
Out: Howard, Stevens, Bontempelli, Wallis

Roberts Roughead Picken
Wood Morris Murphy

Minson Griffen Liberatore
Cooney Boyd Macrae

Dahlhaus Williams/Jones Hunter
Grant Cordy/Campbell Crameri

Hrovat Higgins Giansiracusa Tutt

Collingwood has got a tall forward line so I think we bring Roberts back in. Not sure I'd be comfortable with Wood playing on Witts (208cm). Agree with others about bringing in someone to help big Will, plus a marking target up forward would be handy. Cordy would bemy preference because I think he is a better forward than Campbell but I'd be happy either way.

Also thought about Jones for Williams to add another good mark. Happy either way with that one too, Williams might benefit being able to play more as a lead up role rather than the big marking forward with Campbell or Cordy. Wouldn't mind Redpath either for this role.

Hunter is another in too add class and a bit of composure hopefully and Boyd in too if fit.

That might be it for Howard unfortunately, really struggled today. Other three outs were for team balance as much as anything. Would like to keep Wallis in but couldn't pick anyone out to keep him in for.

Edit: Also a quick note on Bonts. Been impressed with him so far at AFL and VFL level but had to drop two mids for the two bigs I want to see in and I chose Hrovat in over him. Dominating the VFL again might be good for him.

Last edited:
Agree we need an extra tall at either end this week. Pies talk forward line needs to be respected.

Out - Howard
In - Roberts

Out - Stevens
In - hunter

Out - Williams
In - redpath

Out - wallis
In - Cordy

Out - gia
In - honey

Bonts gets another week. Gia played well, but honey needs a run. Can't drop dal (who was very poor).

FB: Morris roughie picken
Hb: wood Roberts murphy
C: macrae Griffen cooney
Hf: Crameri redpath hunter
Ff: grant Cordy dal
R: Minson Libba hrovat
Ic: Tutt, honey, bonts, Higgins

Jones doesn't deserve a recall and neither does stringer.

Dav1d

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
hoping Boyd might be right to play....hoping like hell, need all the experience we can get and
if we do a Howard for Goodes swap I might just :cry:

Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Ok so much of the rage that I displayed and had last night has somewhat subsided but we need to make urgent changes. Collingwood will likely bring back in grundy and have Grundy and Witts try and double team Minno which is frankly unacceptable.
Higgins, Wood, Hrovat, Roughy should hold there heads up high. Roughy in particular is a future Champ and apart from a cheap howard turnover and a really good pass that hit brown on the lead, every time Roughy smashed the ball over the boundary line. I hope that he ends up taking a few more intercept marks but thats just me being picky Roughy is in our top 5 most important players.

For this game

Ins
Campbell, Cordy, Redpath, Boyd, Hunter/Honeychurch, Roberts
Outs
Williams, Minson (rest), Howard (never to play seniors again ever), Wallis (team balance), Someone else to give Hunter a game maybe stevens, Bonts (need another tall defender)

We need to reward all of Campbell, Cordy and Redpath who have shown excellent signs recently. Honey deserves a game after not playing all weekend and we desperately need Boyd back. Minno might require a game of his body has been smashed of late against Freo and Gold Coast playing 2 v 1 and it showed that he needs a week off.

Picken to Elliot
Boyd to Pendlebury
Roughy to Cloke/Resting Ruckman
Roberts to White

Team
FB:Wood, Roughy, Morris
HB: Higgins, Roberts, Murphy
C: Macrae, Libba, Cooney
HF: Grant, Crameri, Hunter
FF: Cordy, Redpath, Dahlhaus
R; Campbell, Griffen, Boyd
Int: Tutt, Picken, Hrovat, Gia/Honey

Last edited:

Zgope1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
In: Cordy and Boyd
Out: Howard and Stevens

Not too many changes that we statistically rule ourselves out and gives us another tall up forward that can help Minno who by god needs all the help he can get right now

acker

Norm Smith Medallist
May 5, 2005
Riverina
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs
Out : Higgins ( injured ) Howard Tutt Wallis Williams

In : Redpath Cordy Honeychurch Boyd Jong

Out: Howard, Higgins (inj), Williams, Stevens, Wallis
In: Boyd, Honeychurch, Jones, Cordy, Hunter

I want to say bring Roberts in instead of Boyd but we all know Boyd is coming back in.

In: Boyd (if fit), Redpath (probably won't get chosen but I'd give him a go); Cordy (hope he does something); Honeychurch
Out:
Howard (explanation not required); Bonts (needs to learn more about the game at Footscray and be brought back later in season); Williams (2 poor games in a row is enough for a while); Hrovat (needs to be played as a midfielder at Footscray to develop that role - hardly ever plays as a midfielder there either).

Really, we are lacking in talent over the whole list that these inclusions might not make much improvement, but they keep the merry-go-round moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back