Strategy Changes for Round 19 v Kangas

Remove this Banner Ad

Gonna be tough to win this one now with 2 of our best potentially out. Did think it might be a close result for us, so this could turn things the Roos way a bit.
Will need a massive game from JD to get us home.

Last edited:
Kennedy 100% wont play guys. Apparently he pulled up sore after training thursday, club doesnt want to take any risks before finals. Especially given the long flight to tasmania
Yes as you say "not worth the risk".
This is what happens to all our older players over the years - IMO is due a lot to all the flying. It's quite strange that at this stage in all the years since WCE have been in the AFL/VFL competition we have never had a 300 game plus player. In saying that Freo have had 1 in Pavlich. Was he a freak or something - can't have missed too many games through injury.

All this talk of Ah Chee in for Shuey; did he even fly across? I thought the two emergencies were Waterman (JK cover) and Petch (general emergency). Unless they’ve flown him over this morning but it’s pretty 11th hour.

Shades of the Gold Coast game last year, with Darling's son being born premature. He didn't fly home in the end and played, but his mind was on the other side of the country. Thankfully the kid seems to be ok.

East Perth's reserves side suggests there's only one emergency to come into the seniors, so Ah Chee or Nelson might be on a plane.

Shades of the Gold Coast game last year, with Darling's son being born premature. He didn't fly home in the end and played, but his mind was on the other side of the country. Thankfully the kid seems to be ok.

East Perth's reserves side suggests there's only one emergency to come into the seniors, so Ah Chee or Nelson might be on a plane.

If Nelson goes you’d think petch plays. And Ah Chee plays if he goes.

I hope the rumours about Shuey and his partner are garbage, would be absolutely awful for their family if something has gone wrong with the baby at this stage (is literally my biggest nightmare with one due in November so I feel the fear here).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope the rumours about Shuey and his partner are garbage, would be absolutely awful for their family if something has gone wrong with the baby at this stage (is literally my biggest nightmare with one due in November so I feel the fear here).

Six weeks early is generally fine, just a bigger risk. But yep agree hope everything is ok.

may just be a case of the little one hasn't got any patience and is coming out early...my eldest lad was 10 wks early and 15 years later is a typical pain in the ass teenager.

Let's hope its alls good.

Six weeks early is generally fine, just a bigger risk. But yep agree hope everything is ok.
may just be a case of the little one hasn't got any patience and is coming out early...my eldest lad was 10 wks early and 15 years later is a typical pain in the ass teenager.

Let's hope its alls good.

Good points, it's easy to forget it might as well be August now.

All this talk of Ah Chee in for Shuey; did he even fly across? I thought the two emergencies were Waterman (JK cover) and Petch (general emergency). Unless they’ve flown him over this morning but it’s pretty 11th hour.

VA 591 leaves for tassie at 1:30

VA 591 leaves for tassie at 1:30
That flight was a chartered yesterday by Virgin for WCE specifically on the Friday. Not normally direct flights from Perth to Tassie (though Qantas are introducing them later this year). If anyone flies over today they’d be going via Melbourne I would have thought?

Edit: Virgin (not Qantas) are introducing direct flights from September 17th this year

My bro in law had his little dude 8 weeks early. Just past the original due date last week and the little tacker is fine. Never a nice thing for expecting parents to go through but these things often work out fine, hoping for all the best here too.

Good luck to Shuey and his missus and bub. My Mum was born in 1950 and was 1lb 14oz or 850g and 2 months premature. She wasn't expected to survive at the time at King Edward Memorial Hospital. If she could make it hope Shuey's little one can too. Best of luck to all of them.

End of the day it's just a game despite it making us so passionate it hurts sometimes.

Wishing Shuey and his missus all the best on the arrival of their little one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back